SO IS THE LOST ADAMS DIGGINGS FOUND OR NOT ?????????????????????

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been prospecting several years in New Mexico, having a blast. Then about 3 months ago, got hooked on the Lost Adams legend. Decided to research and look for it.
Read the books, made the google maps, narrowed down my search area, blah blah blah.
After reading Richard French book written in 1994, i goggled his name to see if i could find out it he was still looking.
To my surprise up pops stories indicating that a man from Las Cruces has found the Diggings some 16 years ago, spent 12 years prospecting it, recovering relics and gold, and then 4 years writing a book with Richard French that is apparently on its way to publishers as I type.
Major bummer i was so ready to start exploring.

Anyway, can anyone tell me anything more about this???? I have googled and googled till my fingers hurt and cant really come up with anything positive.

Also, some ExpeditionHistory.org claims they found it and are preparing a movie and documentary etc.
Also, a county singer claims to be offering guided trips to the diggings for a fee, keep what you find.
Then some claim that the government siezed it all and has it sealed off cause its a Indian burial site.

If i can get a gps on this thing i am going to go there to find out in person.

Anybody got any info???

thanks

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
rat,
1. Lots of people have claimed to have found the Lost Adams Diggings. Nobody has provided any convincing evidence to the public. That book you mentioned has been hawked for years, but hasn't been published yet.

2. The movie guys are scammers - ignore them.

3. You can read all about a the Indian burial site stuff here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...nd-lost-adams-diggings-sno-ta-hay-canyon.html It'll tell you exactly where the 'site' is. Decide for yourself.

4. Country singer? That's a new one. Sounds pretty fishy.

There's a lot of good info here on the TreasureNet Lost Adams threads. Read some of them. Don't be discouraged by those things you posted about - lots of people are looking for attention. Good luck - if there is a LAD, maybe you'll be the one to find it.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a thread about the media company guy claiming to have found it. Check it out.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
rat,
1. Lots of people have claimed to have found the Lost Adams Diggings. Nobody has provided any convincing evidence to the public. That book you mentioned has been hawked for years, but hasn't been published yet.

2. The movie guys are scammers - ignore them.

3. You can read all about a the Indian burial site stuff here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...nd-lost-adams-diggings-sno-ta-hay-canyon.html It'll tell you exactly where the 'site' is. Decide for yourself.

4. Country singer? That's a new one. Sounds pretty fishy.

There's a lot of good info here on the TreasureNet Lost Adams threads. Read some of them. Don't be discouraged by those things you posted about - lots of people are looking for attention. Good luck - if there is a LAD, maybe you'll be the one to find it.

Great post Springfield!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time that guy posted his claims, I asked him if he was still unable to talk about the details due to the contract eh claimed he signed with a media company. He said yes. So I asked him why he was posting a story that he couldn't talk about unless he was just advertising his own treasure hunting company. No response. And he is very internet savvy, and he knows about the threads calling him out here at T-net. Yet he never shows up to address them. If he was for real, I doubt that would be his reaction.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
UncleMatt - right on amigo, your challenge has been up for some time now and NO response from them. That says something.

OP
OP
whiskeyrat

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last time that guy posted his claims, I asked him if he was still unable to talk about the details due to the contract eh claimed he signed with a media company. He said yes. So I asked him why he was posting a story that he couldn't talk about unless he was just advertising his own treasure hunting company. No response. And he is very internet savvy, and he knows about the threads calling him out here at T-net. Yet he never shows up to address them. If he was for real, I doubt that would be his reaction.

Did a google on Treasureforce, watched all their vids etc. Seem to be a bunch of amature explorers exploiting treasure hunting for profit. TV profit not actual treasures.
Their last video claims to prove the found the LAD because they have 6 or 8 prospects on a hillside, so the LAD will be just over the next ridge.
Every mountain I have explored in NM near any mines has 6 or 8 prospects on it. It would be hard to find a mountain without 6 or 8 prospects on it.
So my conclusion as of late is that Treasureforce is a made for TV bunch of bullshit and the LAD is still unfound. Your right on the money UncleMatt. I shall continue looking.
Cant wait to get back to NM this winter to continue the adventure.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that loon has appeared on the Oak Island series, rending it unwatchable

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread