***lost Adams(s) diggings***

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I read this tail many years ago and I ventured forth to hunt for it. It was a tough area and I was not prepared for the ordeal.
I think I know where it is, based on the original story I read, BUT I just taped into other sources and I find that there are several versions to this story. One claims that Adams didn't find a mine, but obtained the gold he brought back from some miners that were killed in an Indian raid however , he was forced to bury the bulk of the miner's gold. Another version claims that Adams got his gold sample from an Indian and that he really never knew the source of the gold. There are really to many versions of this story to put much trust in any of them. Maybe I will put it at the bottom of my bucket list. Frank five star.png
111-1 profileblk.jpg

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an adventure and a good way to spend time. Never know what you may find. Best of luck in your search.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I read and heard that it was found about 6-8 years ago. Actually given coordinates, saw Z shaped entrance and threw coordinates away. Then, famous treasure book writer was supposed to have found it or so said his secretary?, agent? whatever in these pages. Forget his name. Have not heard anything since. If I recall, area was up north of Silver City, but don't remember. I never chased legends...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread