USGS Map of Adams Diggings New Mexico

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Doing treasure research on archive.org and searched for the term "Adams Diggings", and came up with this map. I'm not sure this will be of any use to anyone whatsoever, but I'd be remiss if I did not share it here. I've downloaded it several times, and where it goes I don't know. But you can view it on-line by clicking on the "Tiff" download link.

https://archive.org/details/usgs_drg_nm_34108_d3

It's a couple of old fallen-down homestead buildings from the Depression days. I think it served as a post office for a while, serving other homesteaders in the area until they all gave up and moved on. It needed a name to be a PO, so they named it to sound edgy I guess.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
In support of what Sdcfia just posted, I would only add that there is or was a tiny village in Wyoming named "Lost Cabin" for the exact same reasons, but linking to the lost Cabin mine of the Bighorns. But who can really say, the mine could actually be close by? :dontknow:

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next time, try "Save as" instead of just "Save".
On a Window's-based PC, that will let you specify where to save the file (and then you'll know where it's at.) :thumbsup:

Option-B is to click "Start", "Recent Items", and then hover your mouse over the filename to see where it was stored.
If you don't have a "Recent Items" showing, you have to jump through one more hoop:

RIGHT-click on Start, choose "Properties".
A dialog box will open. Select the "Start Menu" if it is not already selected.
Click "Customize"
Scroll down to the Recent Items checkbox, and check it.
Click OK to close the box, and then one more OK to get back to normal.
Now you should see the "Recent Items" when you Left-Click (normal) the Start button.

These directions are for Windows-7.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread