jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anderson intelligencer. (Anderson Court House, S.C.), 19 Aug. 1880.

11slopes.jpg
22avaratious.jpg
33means.jpg
44secrets.jpg
55openhostil.jpg
66apachies.jpg
77intact.jpg
88prostituted.jpg
99record.jpg
1010delnor.jpg
1111chronical.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

===========

Omaha daily bee.
(Omaha [Neb.]), 04 Nov. 1888.

try2morelives.jpg
adams.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

========

========

Possibly Related

a Lost Mine & $1,000.000.00 left by the spanish (Lost Adam's Mine ?)

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Jeff, thanks for sharing this!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

I totally agree, great post. This is a story I haven't seen in print before, and as fantastic as it sounds I believe there may be a kernel of truth buried within it (as is the case with many or most myths). Of course, there are some glaring errors in the telling - such as Cortes's involvement in 1560, which is impossible considering he died in 1547 - but that's how myths change in time. Names, places, and other identities morph, details become embellished and exaggerated, new aspects are inserted. This has always been the result of human nature.

The truth kernel that interests me is the mention of maverick Spaniards who went north into the Southwest in an unsanctioned, undocumented expedition very early in the timeline (panels 2 and 3), discovered and exploited an ultra-rich gold source known of by Natives, and were all killed. Also, the mention of Adams (the tragic dupe figure) may be somehow significant in a way we're probably not aware of.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when it comes to dates, Human error can play allot too.

While talking to friends in the Field, I have on Many occasions Quoted the wrong dates.

When you don't have the Original Transcript in front of you it's Tuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread