Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lost Adams show on the Travel channel

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2018
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Lost Adams show on the Travel channel

Check your local listings, but I have heard the Travel Channel is having a program on the Lost Adams diggings.
    Monday, Jan. 14, 8:00pm, and Jan 15, 11:00pm. I hope it won't be like the Oak Island show.

I have also heard they will have one on the Jim Bowie Silver mine, but have not heard any dates or time.
    RTR and PotBelly Jim like this.

Oct 2016
    1088 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Yes you heard right. The Lost Adams Diggings
    Josh and Jesse combine Arizona history and their family legacy of treasure hunting to unravel the mystery of the Lost Adams Diggings, one of the most famous lost mines in the Southwest.
    https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/...NRQ8iZFBod3g9o

Oct 2016
    1088 times
    Each episode is a one hour showing that took at least a week to film. I am on the Montana one. Might be other members here on the other episodes, since they were asking early last year.
    Smithsgold and RTR like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    11468 times
    Thanks guys.Recorder set for entire series.But (here) it starts @ 10PM

us
    kevin horning

Mar 2010
    exeter pa
    garrett
    120 times
    Cache Hunting
    yup, thanks. recorder also set. i shall give em a try.

us
    kevin horning

Mar 2010
    exeter pa
    garrett
    120 times
    Cache Hunting
    well i watched the show, ron,s kids now claim to have found the diggins also.

Sep 2018
    198 times
    I watched that episode. They were able to find it again.
    I like the show, that was episode 3 or 4 of the season

us
    kevin horning

Mar 2010
    exeter pa
    garrett
    120 times
    Cache Hunting
    yup, i enjoyed the show also. it ihas been very well presented so far with no flashback scenes or annoying narrator to listen to.

us
    Mar 2015
    Orange County, CA
    220 times
    Travis. When you say “They were able to find it again” are you referring to the location from the book by Ron Feldman and Mic McPherson titled “Zig Zag Canyon”? Near Clifton, AZ on Eagle Creek.?

Sep 2018
    198 times

Lost Adams show on the Travel channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1955 View Post
    Travis. When you say “They were able to find it again” are you referring to the location from the book by Ron Feldman and Mic McPherson titled “Zig Zag Canyon”? Near Clifton, AZ on Eagle Creek.?
    Yes. They did show photos of them there with their father. They took a different route then their father did.

I don’t know about the location by name,but they did find some gold. They did say that they were going to file a claim.

us
    Mar 2015
    Orange County, CA
    220 times
    Thanks Travis. I need to go through my files. Last I remember Ron Feldman approached the land owner about a partnership and could not strike a deal. Quite a while back. I wish them luck with their quest.

Dirt

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Whites V3i, Whites MX5, Fisher F22
    502 times
    I could only get episode 2 and 5 on HULU for now. I just watched the Milton Sharp episode and I liked it. I couldn't believe he didn't recover that target he was digging though?
    Also I'm not a white's owner but I'm not sure the MX sport is the machine I would use to locate some buried loot.
    The history is super cool to me but the dead ends must be so frustrating. I live right around where the Reno Bro's robbed their first train and It seems impossible to pick a spot to start hunting.
    Dirt1955 likes this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Orange County, CA
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    I could only get episode 2 and 5 on HULU for now. I just watched the Milton Sharp episode and I liked it. I couldn't believe he didn't recover that target he was digging though?
    Also I'm not a white's owner but I'm not sure the MX sport is the machine I would use to locate some buried loot.
    The history is super cool to me but the dead ends must be so frustrating. I live right around where the Reno Bro's robbed their first train and It seems impossible to pick a spot to start hunting.
    Brother, you are so right. you do all the research in the world, and you should, but where to start when hunting stolen loot.
    Your Reno Bros train robbery loot will only be found if:
    - you know the spot the train was held up;
    - you know the culprits names and trace their family history and if lucky, have access to the family story to fill in the blanks;
    - newspapers and law enforcement (Pinkertons) kept records of the hunt and you can access it;
    - you check the horse and wagon trails from the area to possible hideouts (caves, barns, homesteads, etc)
    You almost have to think like a robber. Plan the robbery and the best escape route knowing the history of the times.

Dirt
    sdcfia likes this.

Oct 2016
    1088 times
    If the ratings were high enough they get a second season.

RKW
    us
    Aug 2010
    Four Corners of New Mexico
    50 times
    I just watched the Lost Adams episode and had an observation to share. In the show the Feldman Brothers were researching in a library and found an old Army record of a man (not Adams) who said he found an area rich in gold, but was subsequently driven out of the area by Indians. Then the Bros made what I think was a huge leap in reasoning and declared that the Army account was the source of the LAD. They further surmised that Adams heard about the the aforementioned gold story and appropriated it for himself, retelling the story as if the event happened to him. From that point on in the show they dismiss the Adams story and pursue the facts of the Army account. Unless there is a backstory concerning this that I'm unaware of, I have a hard time accepting that they "solved" the LAD based on such a tenuous connection between the two tales.
    sdcfia likes this.
    The wages of sin is death, but after taxes it's just a tired feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links