kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe in the Lost Dutchman Mine and many people lost their lives and lives savings to search for it. Look out for big snakes.

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
I truely think that the LDM is real. Waltz was selling gold to buy supplies and had a small cache under his bed when he died. The gold was confirmed to come from an unknown vein. So with that in mind, then he had to of had a mine.
He claimed that no cowboy would find his mine (meaning it was on a mountain), No miner would find his mine (meaning it was in an area that the rocks there were not the type that usually have minerals in them). It was consealed in a way that you could be just feet from it and not see it. These are the reasons that it was not found.

Now if you want to find it? these are the things to help you out.
It has a short steep ravine to the east.
It is high up but you have to climb down to get to the mine.
It is within 2.5 miles from weavers needle.
There are four peaks that look like one to the north. (may not be the four peaks mountains).
You can see the millitary trail from the mine.
The setting sun shines through a crack in the mountain unto the ore.
there is a marker above and below his mine.
There is a stone face on the east side that looks unto the mine.
There is a cave 1 mile to the south.
there is a stone face on the edge of a ridge to the west of the canyon that looks up to the east.
There are 3 peaks and he was in the middle one. (he put his frying pan on it to mark it).
It is in a small, north trending, hidden canyon .
There is a 400 foot vein the runs down the mountain that he had to hide.
There is a tree that has one branch that points away from weavers needle.
There are 3 stones all by themselves in the shape of a triangle.
There is a ghost that sleeps four hours a day.(shadowed from the sun for that long).
There is a waterfall nearby.
There is a 2 room house near the head of the canyon.

These are the things to look for that were told by Waltz and/or his partner. Please feel free to add anything that i may have missed.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Losr mines

This treasure is not for me. There are too many hungry snakes and too many treasures out west.
This treasure is not for me since I live in Connecticut and there are too many hungry big snakes and too many treasure hunters out west. Good luck.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Sam do you fear snakes. Ever run into a timber rattler back east. They are huge compared to what I've found in Az. If the food is big so are the snakes. It's the 2 legged snakes you need to watch for.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Sam,

Here's my best snake story:

We were camping out in the desert just west of Eagle Mt. in California. Went out in our trucks to explore an
old mine. My friends truck got a flat tire. We drove back to our camp to get a spare. Got back and I thru a
bunch of blocks under the front end of his truck. Grabbed the jack and crawled under the truck, stacked up
the blocks of wood, put the jack on it and asked someone to hand me the handle. As I turned, I was lookin
into the eyes of a Sidewinder. He was coiled in front of the flat tire and testing the air with his tongue.
We are talking around 18" from my face.

Being a seasoned desert-rat, I knew not to make any sudden moves. Well that seasoning went right out the
window, I yelled SNAKE! and rolled out from under that truck as fast as I could. We now had to get that snake out of the shade of that truck to change the tire.

I took a shovel and got it under him and attempted to throw him away from the truck. My buddy and his step-son were standing by the passanger door. Mr. snake hooked over the back of the shovel and went straight up in the air in front of them. They also went straight up in the air, came down in reverse and said good day to our friend. I have movies of that snake leaving the area.

If he had decided I was a threat, he would have hit me in the face or neck. We were a very long way from help.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Joe

Last edited:

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hear you Joe. Theres nothing like a Rattler close by making that sound to get your attention. The first thing that ran through my mind was that I should have read the directions on the snake bite kit.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I truely think that the LDM is real. Waltz was selling gold to buy supplies and had a small cache under his bed when he died. The gold was confirmed to come from an unknown vein. So with that in mind, then he had to of had a mine.
He claimed that no cowboy would find his mine (meaning it was on a mountain), No miner would find his mine (meaning it was in an area that the rocks there were not the type that usually have minerals in them). It was consealed in a way that you could be just feet from it and not see it. These are the reasons that it was not found.

Now if you want to find it? these are the things to help you out.
It has a short steep ravine to the east.
It is high up but you have to climb down to get to the mine.
It is within 2.5 miles from weavers needle.
There are four peaks that look like one to the north. (may not be the four peaks mountains).
You can see the millitary trail from the mine.
The setting sun shines through a crack in the mountain unto the ore.
there is a marker above and below his mine.
There is a stone face on the east side that looks unto the mine.
There is a cave 1 mile to the south.
there is a stone face on the edge of a ridge to the west of the canyon that looks up to the east.
There are 3 peaks and he was in the middle one. (he put his frying pan on it to mark it).
It is in a small, north trending, hidden canyon .
There is a 400 foot vein the runs down the mountain that he had to hide.
There is a tree that has one branch that points away from weavers needle.
There are 3 stones all by themselves in the shape of a triangle.
There is a ghost that sleeps four hours a day.(shadowed from the sun for that long).
There is a waterfall nearby.
There is a 2 room house near the head of the canyon.

These are the things to look for that were told by Waltz and/or his partner. Please feel free to add anything that i may have missed.

I answered one of the LDM guys who was searching. I am 64, when I was 18-19 I worked at a pizza place that had musicians on the weekend. One was an old man who told me that in the 1930's he and his partner had a sheelite(tungsten ore) mine in the superstitions.He gave me a map and his story about three canyons. He said the middle one contained the LDM guarded by Indians working for the federal gov't. They left him alone. Using his map I found his mine. He told me the LDM had been covered by a slide, but natural or manmade he didn't know. Anyway, I didn't look. The thing is, most of your points were told to me by him. I have no idea if it exists, but I suspect that it is a vein, though not that big. But I never chased treasure that may or may not exist. I am with Sam, there are big snakes HERE so I know they are there. Dairy Queen in Sabinal, Texas has a pic of an 8 1/2 foot rattler killed in Webb County. Biggest I've seen here in San Antonio was a 6 1/2 foot one killed and mounted by my neighbor. So heat(I was there in March and it was 95*), big snakes and bad karma keep me away.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Yeah, I hear you Joe. Theres nothing like a Rattler close by making that sound to get your attention. The first thing that ran through my mind was that I should have read the directions on the snake bite kit.

You'd be better served figuring out where to get a serum shot - fast. The snakebite kits are worthless. If you don't believe me, ask an ER doctor.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be better served figuring out where to get a serum shot - fast. The snakebite kits are worthless. If you don't believe me, ask an ER doctor.

Yah, that's what I've heard too - I bought a cheap one the first time I went out to AZ hiking, but haven't bothered to take it with me again.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam do you fear snakes. Ever run into a timber rattler back east. They are huge compared to what I've found in Az. If the food is big so are the snakes. It's the 2 legged snakes you need to watch for.

True we have big snakes in the East, and I have not ran into bad snakes.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hard to hear Rattler snakes when you have head phones on, and that is why I do not use them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread