MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5339 times

MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

The long awaited new guide book from Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart arrived today. Since it only arrived a few minutes ago, I have only glanced through it. Amazingly, it appears to be filled with even more trails and history than "Hiker's Guide".

I can guarantee I will be reading it, cover to cover, in quick order. To say these two folks know what they are doing is a huge understatement. Anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains and the legends that they have spawned should waste no time in getting a copy.

The book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails East: Hikes, Horse Rides, and History", can be purchased from:

Clear Creek Publishing
    P.O. Box 24666
    Tempe, Arizona 85258

Or you can e-mail Jack at: jcarlson@fastq.com

Jack's website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious Dutch Hunter.

Good Hunting,

Joe Ribaudo
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    8805 times

Re: MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

TAG post, and thank you Joe for the book recommendation!
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

For what it's worth, I think one would be very hard pressed to find a better combination of hiking books for any area in the U.S. than these!

Not only are the maps and trail descriptions excellent, but anyone interested in the history of where they are hiking will be delighted with them!

Hey Oro - I heard a rumor you may be coming to the Rendezvous this year in the Superstitions?? I've already got my flight booked, so if it's true, I'm absolutely looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Oro!

Paul
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

us
    Feb 2008
    Apache Junction, AZ
    MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    The long awaited new guide book from Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart arrived today. Since it only arrived a few minutes ago, I have only glanced through it. Amazingly, it appears to be filled with even more trails and history than "Hiker's Guide".

I can guarantee I will be reading it, cover to cover, in quick order. To say these two folks know what they are doing is a huge understatement. Anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains and the legends that they have spawned should waste no time in getting a copy.

The book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails East: Hikes, Horse Rides, and History", can be purchased from:

Clear Creek Publishing
    P.O. Box 24666
    Tempe, Arizona 85258

Or you can e-mail Jack at: jcarlson@fastq.com

Jack's website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious Dutch Hunter.

Good Hunting,

Joe Ribaudo
    Thanks for the Heads Up....going to get mine right now
    "THE GOLDEN RULE" 
    ...The one with the most gold makes all the rules...

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5339 times

Paul,

"For what it's worth, I think one would be very hard pressed to find a better combination of hiking books for any area in the U.S. than these!

Not only are the maps and trail descriptions excellent, but anyone interested in the history of where they are hiking will be delighted with them!"

That's pretty perceptive of you. Others agree, as Jack and Elizabeth received the 1997 Glyph Award for Best Outdoors/Recreation/Nature Book from the Arizona Book Publishing Association for "Hiker's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness".

Take care,

Joe
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    8805 times

Cubfan wrote
    Hey Oro - I heard a rumor you may be coming to the Rendezvous this year in the Superstitions?? I've already got my flight booked, so if it's true, I'm absolutely looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Oro!
    Hi Paul - thank you for the kind words, yes we are trying to arrange it so we can go, which hinges on several snags for us, one of which is our respective employers - don't know yet if it is going to work out. I sure hope so, and would love to meet you (and many other of our friends here) and get a chance to listen around the campfire.
    Roy ~ Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5339 times
    All,

I received a pleasant surprise in yesterdays mail. Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart sent me a copy of their new book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails West: Hikes, Horse Rides, & History".

As usual, their latest effort is informative & packaged in a slick soft cover. Just about any nimrod (used in the least complimentary terms) could find his way through the Supe's with their book and a decent knowledge of his GPS.

Once again, Jack and Elizabeth have done a great service to all users of the Superstition Wilderness Area.

You get: "More than 65 trip descriptions help you explore the Wilderness--aided by maps, GPS coordinates, photographs, and history of prospectors and ranchers."

Their last book covered the trails in the eastern portion of the range.
    Cost is $16.95

Good luck,

Joe

Sponsored Links