MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The long awaited new guide book from Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart arrived today. Since it only arrived a few minutes ago, I have only glanced through it. Amazingly, it appears to be filled with even more trails and history than "Hiker's Guide".

I can guarantee I will be reading it, cover to cover, in quick order. To say these two folks know what they are doing is a huge understatement. Anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains and the legends that they have spawned should waste no time in getting a copy.

The book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails East: Hikes, Horse Rides, and History", can be purchased from:

Clear Creek Publishing
P.O. Box 24666
Tempe, Arizona 85258

Or you can e-mail Jack at: [email protected]

Jack's website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious Dutch Hunter.

Good Hunting,

Joe Ribaudo

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth, I think one would be very hard pressed to find a better combination of hiking books for any area in the U.S. than these!

Not only are the maps and trail descriptions excellent, but anyone interested in the history of where they are hiking will be delighted with them!

Hey Oro - I heard a rumor you may be coming to the Rendezvous this year in the Superstitions?? I've already got my flight booked, so if it's true, I'm absolutely looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Oro!

Paul

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
The long awaited new guide book from Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart arrived today. Since it only arrived a few minutes ago, I have only glanced through it. Amazingly, it appears to be filled with even more trails and history than "Hiker's Guide".

I can guarantee I will be reading it, cover to cover, in quick order. To say these two folks know what they are doing is a huge understatement. Anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains and the legends that they have spawned should waste no time in getting a copy.

The book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails East: Hikes, Horse Rides, and History", can be purchased from:

Clear Creek Publishing
P.O. Box 24666
Tempe, Arizona 85258

Or you can e-mail Jack at: [email protected]

Jack's website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious Dutch Hunter.

Good Hunting,

Joe Ribaudo

Thanks for the Heads Up....going to get mine right now :headbang:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

"For what it's worth, I think one would be very hard pressed to find a better combination of hiking books for any area in the U.S. than these!

Not only are the maps and trail descriptions excellent, but anyone interested in the history of where they are hiking will be delighted with them!"

That's pretty perceptive of you. Others agree, as Jack and Elizabeth received the 1997 Glyph Award for Best Outdoors/Recreation/Nature Book from the Arizona Book Publishing Association for "Hiker's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness". :thumbsup:

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Cubfan wrote
Hey Oro - I heard a rumor you may be coming to the Rendezvous this year in the Superstitions?? I've already got my flight booked, so if it's true, I'm absolutely looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Oro!

Hi Paul - thank you for the kind words, yes we are trying to arrange it so we can go, which hinges on several snags for us, one of which is our respective employers - don't know yet if it is going to work out. I sure hope so, and would love to meet you (and many other of our friends here) and get a chance to listen around the campfire.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I received a pleasant surprise in yesterdays mail. Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart sent me a copy of their new book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails West: Hikes, Horse Rides, & History".

As usual, their latest effort is informative & packaged in a slick soft cover. Just about any nimrod (used in the least complimentary terms) could find his way through the Supe's with their book and a decent knowledge of his GPS.

Once again, Jack and Elizabeth have done a great service to all users of the Superstition Wilderness Area.

You get: "More than 65 trip descriptions help you explore the Wilderness--aided by maps, GPS coordinates, photographs, and history of prospectors and ranchers."

Their last book covered the trails in the eastern portion of the range.
Cost is $16.95

Good luck,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread