Truth about LDM?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
NEWN,

Don't know how much research you have done into the LDM, but people who knew the Vulture ore, and saw the ore from under Waltz's death bed, said it was not even close to being the same.

That's only one small piece of the evidence showing that theory to be incorrect.

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Welcome to Treasurenet NEWN,
I had suspicions just like you - that Waltz had really just stolen the ore, but as our mutual friend Cactusjumper pointed out, the ores do not match. Gold ores are a bit like fingerprints, in that they are unique, the ore from any mine will not match the ore from any other mine. An expert who examined ore from Waltz said it did not match any known source - it is from an unknown source. This fact really is the only way that anyone can ever prove that they found the Lost Dutchman mine, by having a piece of ore examined by a geologist who could state with authority whether it is a match or not.

Several other mines have also been proposed as the true source of Waltz's ore, including the Mammoth, the Bulldog etc but again the ores do not match. Is it so hard to believe that a gold mine, with an entrance no larger than a barrel and deliberately covered up, could remain undiscovered? I am convinced this is the case.

Highgraders (men who steal rich ore from a mine) were customarily hung at the Vulture, supposedly at least 18 men were hanged there. Waltz himself never worked at the Vulture, so would not likely have had the opportunity to highgrade ore.

Oroblanco

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro said:

Waltz himself never worked at the Vulture

I've always found it interesting that a number of the older authors of information concerning Waltz and the Lost Mine say he worked at the Vulture as a "matter of fact," and yet I've never seen any documented proof to the contrary. I'm convinced as well that even if he did work there and the records of that employment are lost, the ore ascribed to him is NOT from the Vulture.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

Like many of the ores that reach the surface in Arizona, the Vulture's was very rich. If Waltz had been "highgrading" it would have been early on, while there were numerous miners working the surface. All of this is pointed out in Dr. Glover's book, including the fact that Henry Wickenburg leased out claims because he didn't want to work the Vulture himself. With that many miners, it would have been very difficult to highgrade anyone's claim.......especially in the quantities that Waltz had.

Take care,

Joe

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about "Weiser" working at the Vulture ??? Could be his pal was highgrading at the Vulture then he and waltz was dipping into the stash as needed.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Tim,

Beyond who worked there, Dutchman ore does not match up with known Vulture ore, even the surface samples that are still available.

Waltz's ore did not come from the Vulture Mine.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 2, 2009
Who was this Dutchman and what is the story that goes with him? To find that out, we have to go back a few centuries before him to the 1500s when the Spaniards were conquering the new world. In one particular location, Spanish Jesuit Priests were said to be finding their fortunes in Apache territory, which is largely the area of present day New Mexico and Arizona. In the Superstition Mountains, these priests had laid a claim to more riches, primarily gold, than anyone could have ever imagined. They sent some of their spoils back to the King of Spain. Shortly thereafter, the king ordered the Jesuits to return immediately because of a falling out with the leaders of Mexico.
The trouble with the immediate departure of these Jesuit priests was that they had too much treasure in the mountains to load on their ships. So through intimidation, the Apache Indians were placed as guardians to the mines. True to their word, the Apaches remained vigilant as the guardians of the Spaniards’ fortunes, and this tradition was handed down from generation to generation. Neither the priests nor any other "representative of Spain" ever returned to collect their claim for reasons unknown

Nov 2, 2009
"In The 1800s", a German Immigrant by the name of Jacob Waltz was mining in these very same mountains. He was, as the inarticulate American slang coined him, The Dutchman (rather than Deutschman). Waltz discovered what was the claim of the Spanish Jesuit Priests who had never returned. Before Waltz ever made it down the mountain, Apache Indians who were acting as “the guardians of the mountains” attacked him.
The dying Waltz spent his last moments with a doctor and before he died, he told the doctor of gold and the approximation of its location. Its been lying there ever since. Do the Apache still know of its location? Yes But it’s taboo for them to speak of it.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Santa Fe NM - would you care to "flesh out" your story? There are several points I must respectfully disagree on, but if you could provide some documentation to back up your version, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance, :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

Nov 2, 2009
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nov 2, 2009
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nov 2, 2009

Nov 2, 2009

Nov 2, 2009
ORO YOU SAID "There are several points I must respectfully disagree on" ABSOLUTELY! I RESPECT ALL DISAGREEMENTS, AND I AGREE TO DISAGREE THANKYOU ORO :hello2: THE TRUE BEAUTY HERE IS WE CAN ALL DISAGREE AND WE CAN ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread