“If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

Nov 2, 2009
“If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

“If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine, and it is in the Superstition Wilderness Area, they are """"breaking the law"""", and they are making lots of money while they are doing it. You interrupt them . . . and their main goal is going to be to """"keep you quiet!""""” ~Jim Hatt~

JIM HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY HERO! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MAN! HE OBVIOUSLY IS PURE GENIUS! “If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine, and it is in the Superstition Wilderness Area, they are ((((breaking the law)))), and they are making lots of money while they are doing it. ((((You interrupt them . . . and their main goal is going to be to keep you quiet!))))” ~Jim Hatt~

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
Re: “If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine"

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO) is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. RICO was enacted by section 901(a) of the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970 (Pub.L. 91-452, 84 Stat. 922, enacted October 15, 1970). RICO is codified as Chapter 96 of Title 18 of the United States Code, 18 U.S.C. § 1961–1968. While its intended use was to prosecute the Mafia as well as others who were actively engaged in organized crime, its application has been more widespread.

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009

Under RICO, a person who is a member of an enterprise that has committed any two of 35 crimes—27 federal crimes and 8 state crimes—within a 10-year period can be charged with racketeering. Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $250,000 and/or sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity." """"((((RICO also permits a private individual harmed by the actions of such an enterprise to file a civil suit; if successful, the individual can collect treble damages.))))""""

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT

I thought you already emphatically stated that you had found the mine, so shouldn't you know if somebody is working it?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN said:
MR. MIX ENGINEER :headbang: DO YOU HAVE A BATTERY POWERED DJ SETUP :thumbsup:

Why? Do you want to have a party on the LDM Site?

Mike

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009

Im SORRY MIKE I WAS REFFERING TO RANDY.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Hello Santa Fe New Mexican and congratulations on your find. I took a look at the picture you posted and I was really impressed. You REALLY DID find the LDM alright!
You said; "I see no claims here now at the present other than mine." Thats becaues you have not looked back far enough in the LDM forum archives. There is someone that claims to have absolute proof that he found the LDM every year. The last one was Twisted Fork and he posted positive proof. The one before him was blindbowman and I think HE really found it because he got the gold and no one has heard from him in the last year. There are about 14 others.
Anyway I wish you the best of luck and I guess you will be moving into Donald Trump's old house on Palm Beach next week, right?
Joe, please don't threaten SFNM anymore or else I'm going to report you to the mods and have you banned for life!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Salvor,

"Joe, please don't threaten SFNM anymore or else I'm going to report you to the mods and have you banned for life!"

Well......I haven't, but if that would mean I would never have to see any of this craziness again, I may make the effort. Can't imagine why Jeff hasn't stepped in and wiped this nonsense off the site.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

“If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine, and it is in the Superstition Wilderness Area, they are """"breaking the law"""", and they are making lots of money while they are doing it. You interrupt them . . . and their main goal is going to be to """"keep you quiet!""""” ~Jim Hatt~

JIM HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY HERO! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MAN! HE OBVIOUSLY IS PURE GENIUS! “If someone is surreptitiously working the Lost Dutchman Mine, and it is in the Superstition Wilderness Area, they are ((((breaking the law)))), and they are making lots of money while they are doing it. ((((You interrupt them . . . and their main goal is going to be to keep you quiet!))))” ~Jim Hatt~

That is quite a statement if you think about it. Of course that is IF someone is secretly working the mine and it happens to be inside the wilderness area, and that the persons doing the work do not have the necessary permits. It may be possible, with loads of red tape of course, to get the necessary permits IF someone has located the old Lost Dutchman mine and wished to extract some of the gold. I have never found it so haven't tracked down what steps would be necessary, but I do think it is POSSIBLE to get the permits needed.

This reminds me of the Adolph Ruth case; lots of people are convinced he actually found the LDM and was killed for it, but we still to this day do not KNOW if he did find it, nor if he was killed or simply committed suicide.

It is something to think about, for sure.
Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Roy,

You left out died of natural causes...... :wink:

Take care,

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Roy,

You left out died of natural causes...... :wink:

Take care,

Joe

Like Gassler

Mike

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense

Joe, "Can't imagine why Jeff hasn't stepped in and wiped this nonsense off the site."

After sifting through more than half a dozen threads (very disjointed ones at that) created by SFNM, I must admit to having had the same boggle.

:coffee2:
Gary

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

S.F.,

I decided to check back in on you and see how you are doing. I have thought about it, and believe you should keep posting. Please continue.

Joe

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009

THANKYOU JOE ILL ACCEPT THAT AS AN APOLOGY!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Mike,

Yes, Walt Gassler died of natural causes. There is little doubt of that.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

THINK ABOUT IT YOU GENIUS :hello2:

Santa Fe NM - what do you think about it? If someone accidently happened on a person AT the LDM, would it necessarily mean 'death' as the only solution? What about the possibility of taking that accidental discoverer in as a new 'partner' - after all two could mine more efficiently than one right? I would appreciate your views on this scenario, thank you in advance,
Roy

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009

I Agree! If i was an outlaw miner with a conchance! And im sure they are out there. Ofcourse ive never been a miner ever, though i have done some panning.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

I Agree! If i was an outlaw miner with a conchance! And im sure they are out there.

WOW - hold on amigo, are you saying there are outlaw miners there, secretly working the LDM? Thank you in advance,
Roy

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

S.F.,

If someone is working the LDM, and you think they could be dangerous, do you think Jesse Capen could have found that location and suffered the consequenses?

If that's the case, and you have pinpointed the LDM location, do you think he might be found when all the people who will show up at your gathering are exploring around the site?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
S.F.,

If someone is working the LDM, and you think they could be dangerous, do you think Jesse Capen could have found that location and suffered the consequenses?

If that's the case, and you have pinpointed the LDM location, do you think he might be found when all the people who will show up at your gathering are exploring around the site?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo

After all,

He was searching the exact same area where you located the LDM. Maybe your party could also stumble across him.

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions