Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out there for a spell that included the day before SFNM's Rainbow party.The only folks that I saw that may have been attendees was a pack of dykes on bikes that showed up at Tortilla Flats late sunday afternoon,while I was enjoying my prickly pear ice cream cone.They weren't all that colourful,but their language sure was.Maybe they scared him off. :help:
Or gave him the apache style "slow roast over charcoal" treatment. :read2:
Regards:SH.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehe SH - you and that prickly pear ice cream :)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting anxiously for a report from SFNM or anyone who attended his unveiling of the secrets to the LDM in April.

Been checking the news for an announcement, but haven't run across anything yet - anyone???

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, to be fair, I believe he did say everyone who searches in the REAL location of the LDM he was trying to point out has "disappeared."

Maybe he just found it all, took off and is enjoying his newfound wealth in Barbados?

HELLO SANTA FE NEW MEXICO - ANYONE HOME???

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't he pass the torch to "David"?
These guys are harder to figger out than a stone map.
Probly be another "found it" along soon,though.
Maybe a "new" old stone map will wake him up and give him something else to find on Google Eyes.
Good luck Santa Fe.

Regards:SH

Attachments

• noto stone.jpg
    noto stone.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,076
OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
Some geoglyphs depict what might be a "horse." If so, this means some intaglios are recent in history because Native Americans didn't come into contact with equestrian animals until introduced by the Europeans after Columbus discovered America.

Geoglyphs are classified as rock art, which also includes pictographs and petroglyphs. Pictographs are rock paintings while petroglyphs are rock engravings. Pictographs are generally found in coastal mountain ranges while petroglyphs are more often found in the desert. Intaglios are often located near the Colorado River.

To understand the meaning of geoglyphs, an observer must be familiar with the complex and sophisticated symbolism of Native American culture. There are multiple interpretations of not only earth drawings but all rock art. It depends on who you consult. Native Americans have their own version, much of which is spiritually based. On the other hand, there are archeologists who prefer mythical interpretation. Religious scholars are able to see in geoglyphs ancient themes that appear not only in North American cultures, but in other cultures around the globe. But the bottom line is that all intaglios provide a unique window into Native American rituals, beliefs, and artistic abilities.

The Internet has been providing new glimpse and interpretation of rock art. With thousands of amateur and professional archaeologists sharing discoveries online, they've found some Native American rock-art symbolism that is identical to that found in other parts of the world. This means ancient people from other cultures must have migrated here thousands of years ago (or vice versa).

Most interesting are those experts who find geoglyph interpretation that parallels myth and legend found in all of humanity, suggesting that all cultures on earth had origin from a single, common influence. New scholars are pursuing the study of sacred, ancient mysteries and the way these stories appear to be repeating themselves not only in other cultures but in our own time. The origin of Christianity, for example, contains ancient, hidden iconography, which some experts use to suggest that contemporay myths are really the same as those from bygone cultures and time.

Given the huge volume of rock art worldwide, one thing seems apparent: rock-art sites were as plentiful then as are "churches" today. Expression was important and widespread, the same as is religious worship today. And rock art expression must have been as sacred for them as religion is for people today.

Attachments

• th_theheartblanco.jpg
    th_theheartblanco.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,919
  • th_theheartblanco.jpg
    th_theheartblanco.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,917

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
SFNM,

Things are slow, so I thought I would look in on your posts again.

"Some geoglyphs depict what might be a "horse." If so, this means some intaglios are recent in history because Native Americans didn't come into contact with equestrian animals until introduced by the Europeans after Columbus discovered America."

"Equestrian" is a person who rides a horse. I assume you mean horses when you write "equestrian animals". That being the case, you are wrong by just a bit in the above quote. Research, research, research. :read2: :read2: :read2:

Joe Ribaudo

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
somehiker said:
Didn't he pass the torch to "David"?
These guys are harder to figger out than a stone map.
Probly be another "found it" along soon,though.
Maybe a "new" old stone map will wake him up and give him something else to find on Google Eyes.
Good luck Santa Fe.

Regards:SH

I wonder if anyone remembers where that stone was first located. Split the date and you get an 11, or two standing cache markers with a burial point between them. 6x7 is 42 in distance to a point ahead to final aim from, between a 6 and 7 degree spread on your sight line from there. Your walking a giant upside down capitol L form this stone. Alas, the right angle for the Mason.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted:
I remember,and I suspect it was found right where it was made,give or take the size of the camp.
I am unsure that you understand the significance and purpose of this small stone.It is far less complicated than one may think.
The 1671 is not a date,and the distance is greater than 42.The notch is the same as that carved in a stone cross.
This notch has the same meaning as that of the stone cross,I believe.It will also be my next destination.
Until then,I cannot claim more than what I suspect is true.

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
SFNM

I for the most part stay out of this, and just enjoy the read, BUT on this one I gotta go with Cactusjumper on this. Horses were around pre-columbus. Actually horses (horse-like creatures) were around in NA about 47-54 million years ago. Anyways without going on and on, North American Horses were thought to have disappeared around 8,000-10,000 years ago and then the Spanish RE-introduced them to the Native Americans.

Just an F.Y.I.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
somehiker said:
Twisted:
I remember,and I suspect it was found right where it was made,give or take the size of the camp.
I am unsure that you understand the significance and purpose of this small stone.It is far less complicated than one may think.
The 1671 is not a date,and the distance is greater than 42.The notch is the same as that carved in a stone cross.
This notch has the same meaning as that of the stone cross,I believe.It will also be my next destination.
Until then,I cannot claim more than what I suspect is true.

You have the open mind of one who will not fail. If you have their camp, you are not far from the smelter and on average the mine is 1/4 mile or so from there. 42 or 64 is the multiple in this little engine. Figure out the scale and find the booty. You will be looking for two separate, standing cactus or rock formations, not to far apart from each other. A cache sits between them offset. Find this cache site, then line up the two markers with each other and the mine is a breeze from there, off to one side or the other a little ways in the distance. Your best clue with Google maps is the animal (burro trail) that leads to nowhere. Seek stones laying on the ground, not native to the exact spot your in. If one looks like a man's head in a knight's helmet, scope a 45 degree angle out of his forehead and find the mine. Twisted always.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are useing catus for a land mark at all your brain fried .. and need to walk away ...wow ..some people are not wired right for this type of research ... the stress and risk is way to over powering for them ..

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
Twisted Wrote: You have the open mind of one who will not fail. If you have their camp, you are not far from the smelter and on average the mine is 1/4 mile or so from there. 42 or 64 is the multiple in this little engine. Figure out the scale and find the booty. You will be looking for two separate, standing cactus """"or"""" (rock formations,) not to far apart from each other. A cache sits between them offset. Find this cache site, then line up the two markers with each other and the mine is a breeze from there, off to one side or the other a little ways in the distance. Your best clue with Google maps is the animal (burro trail) that leads to nowhere. Seek stones laying on the ground, not native to the exact spot your in. If one looks like a """"((((man's head))))"""" in a knight's helmet, scope a 45 degree angle out of his forehead and find the mine. Twisted always.

Attachments

• Two Faces.png
    Two Faces.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 1,876

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So THAT"s what Jacob Waltz looks like - I didn't realize there was a documented photograph of him anywhere ::)

OP
OP
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
Nov 2, 2009
Twisted Wrote: """"Ah come on now. Bet the Apache were tripp'in when they saw the Spanish Map Maker 800 feet up with hemp rope and a Hot Air Balloon, as he designed where they would alter the terrain in a way that could only be seen if you were up high on hemp too. Notice those twisted look'in paper shape and space maps that have been fool'in ya'all all this time? Ya know the Spanish ones? Tie your ballons off at the Main Outfield Apex gentlemen. """"((((Now he has new friends, climbing all over him, but not finding the mine because they "refuse to listen" to the "will" of the """"))))spirit of the haunt.(((("""" That is your first clue upon entering the area, that something is up."""" :thumbsup: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

spirit of the haunt. That is your first clue upon entering the area, that something is up.))))""""

Nov 12, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory. I call it maps before paper. You can follow the trail out of Mexico right to the mines. When you heard the words in an old western movie by an Indian Scout. " No White Man can (see) read the signs." For all of you who believe that Indian Scout was talking about tracks, broken twigs, bent arms on cacti, tracking footsteps or animal hooves are in for a surprise. My theory goes like this. Example: Just suppose Don Peralta has large amounts of peons coming to the Superstitions to work the various known mines. Do you send them a map like those engraved on the stones? Kind of cumbersome to have all those miners carrying around huge rock maps. "The maps before paper". Okay, say they have copies of the Stone Tablets, each group; these mines have to be marked and the paths to them need to have monuments to show the way to the 18 mines and to assure the miners they are on the right track. Have you seen Don Peralta's map? Research? All those things were used that I listed above, but they were not the only ways they monumented the Superstitions. The Intaglios and petroglyhs and pictographs are everywhere and so is colorful artwork that utilizes art within art. Meaning far away something looks one way and then when you get closer you see the art is made up of other smaller figures, animals, markings, numbers, etc. People looking straight up at the gods and pointing out where to look for precious metal. The Indians are spiritual and this makes sense, they did everything with a religious bent with the approval of the gods. Side bar: Some of the repeated markings are horses, cougars, Indian chiefs, Indian children, Indian Women, turtles, Conquistadors, kings, Jesus, etc. What I need to tell you now is the fact that they really can make this art different at every view because they put art within art in a caricature type art. Very deceiving unless you have spent thousands of hours looking at them in person, (ten (10) trips personally into the Superstitions and in the vicinity with my partner who also happens to be a woman prospector who carries a gun because she is an X-sharpshooter for the military. Example: Rogers Tough, Tortilla Flat, Fish Canyon, Canyon Lake, Peralta Trail and vicinity, etc.) and on Google Earth. There is artwork on the ground, on the sheer cliffs, on top of huge mountains. These Indian monuments do not just apply to gold. They marked all places precious metals could be found: Turquoise, copper, platinum, silver, gold, etc. How they do this is with color within the symbols. If you read Bob Wards books he understood they would use actual gold wedged into the high cliffs that told the Mexican or Indian miner to dig down below. Research? They also place what I call round gems in the middle of the symbols that mark mines such as a circle within a circle with this colored gem in the middle. They not only told you where to dig they told you what you would find there. Which way to go right or left? The artwork will point the right way. Now, I also helped with a book published in November 2006. I am not here to sell books. Which started me on this journey to learn more and more through lectures at the Superstition Mountains Museum, from geologists to gold panning lessons, to theories of books being written by authors that are really off the mark. (My opinion.) Now, guys can we have a serious discussion about this. Many of these works of art, will be introduced to the world for the first time. The Superstitions are well monumented and when White Men can read the signs maybe we can change the laws to allow us to go get the rich minerals that are very prevalent in the Superstition Mountains and the Tonto National Forest.

Attachments

• acrossTortilla.jpg
    acrossTortilla.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,437
  • artists.jpg
    artists.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,448
  • bigcats.jpg
    bigcats.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,422
  • donotdeny.jpg
    donotdeny.jpg