Lost Dutchman

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Waltz Grave 14k.jpg
    Waltz Grave 14k.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 519

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would there be a reason Jacob Waltz got buried apparently with his head towards the south, when most buried there are buried apparently with their head to the west? Homar

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHaHa. nice one mike, cheers. thanks for the pic,

Furness

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
coazon de oro said:
Would there be a reason Jacob Waltz got buried apparently with his head towards the south, when most buried there are buried apparently with their head to the west? Homar

Probably because he is dead?
(sorry, couldn't help it)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coazon de oro said:

Sorry Homar, but the count is about half and half. If I had to guess, I would say that the reason is (drum roll please):

Just like today, graveyards are pre-planned communities. A large parcel of land is broken down into hundreds of burial plots. A map of the cemetery is made showing each plot. Prospective plot buyers are shown this map and asked which plot they want to buy. The person bought a particular plot and however that plot was oriented on the map is how that person would be buried. That is how we know where people are buried even though there is no marker.

As a matter of fact, that is how we knew where Waltz' Grave was after it fell into disrepair.

Best-Mike

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
coazon de oro said:

Probably because he is dead?
(sorry, couldn't help it)
Very logical reasoning Old Dog, good boy.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
coazon de oro said:

Sorry Homar, but the count is about half and half. If I had to guess, I would say that the reason is (drum roll please):

Just like today, graveyards are pre-planned communities. A large parcel of land is broken down into hundreds of burial plots. A map of the cemetery is made showing each plot. Prospective plot buyers are shown this map and asked which plot they want to buy. The person bought a particular plot and however that plot was oriented on the map is how that person would be buried. That is how we know where people are buried even though there is no marker.

As a matter of fact, that is how we knew where Waltz' Grave was after it fell into disrepair.

Best-Mike Very good guess Gollom, I just wondered if it had anything to do with Jacob's faith, but probably not. Homar

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
I'll bet if you were to take a couple of burros down town to visit the grave site, they probably could sniff out the mine from there.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Honest; If you could find the grave of Jacob Wiser, you could throw a rock and hit one of the mines from there, with or without the burros. Waltz quit going back because of the broken hearted loss of his best childhood friend.

Now he has new friends, climbing all over him, but not finding the mine because they refuse to listen to the will of the spirit of the haunt. That is your first clue upon entering the area, that something is up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread