cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Senor Parker: You posted -->So basically you just want ALLLLL the treasure on this continent to yourself?
Shucks Parker, why not? I have hungry a mule to support.

________________________________________________________________________________
El Cholla studded butt, Joe: You posted -->I will get it all written on a post card and sent of to you......post haste,
Joe, nope, no way, send the orignials. Incidentally, there are more Mexicans in your area than down here now.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Quinan Bear wrote
I can read the land from here and know much more then you will ever know from those books.

:notworthy: ::) :laughing9: :tongue3:

Come on now David, you didn't mean what you wrote this time did you? ??? Are you trying to say that all the books on the Superstitions have practically no value, compared with viewing the range from satellite? I have to respectfully disagree, IF that is what you are saying.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Quinan Bear

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
Come on now David, you didn't mean what you wrote this time did you? ??? Are you trying to say that all the books on the Superstitions have practically no value, compared with viewing the range from satellite? I have to respectfully disagree, IF that is what you are saying.
Oroblanco
[/quote]

No... I am simply saying that you will not find the mine by just books alone. If you could? then people would have found it years ago.
How long has it been since someone has opened up or just found an undiscovered mine?

I gold vein runs for 100's of feet, sometimes, miles (LDM ran 400feet). With satellite images, you can find out how the rocks travel through the land, how they overlap and twist.

All i am saying, is that I can find the best places for mineral veins to be found, as well as if there was any disturbances around that area from satellite, then with this information I can have my helpers go see what is really there.
By doing this they save themselves from looking EVERYWHERE and I get the area searched and documented, without going there. It's a win win for the both of us.
So far, we have found a few mines. If you want to see them for yourself, you need to look near Randolph Canyon and within a mile radius of Reavis' Grave site. I will also say, that there is a ranch in that area that has one of the veins running under it.

Happy hunting.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long has it been since someone has opened up or just found an undiscovered mine?

I'm quite certain it's been MUCH LESS time than you may think - you sure presume alot.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Quinan Bear wrote

Clearly NOT as long as you think; maybe you ought to give some of those "worthless" books another look amigo. One of our mutual friends here (Don Jose, Real de Tayopa) for example, has a whole group of long-lost gold and silver mines which he successfully rediscovered. He is not the only one either. I have to say "ditto" to the words of our amigo Cubfan, you sure do presume a lot.

Quinan Bear also wrote
So far, we have found a few mines. If you want to see them for yourself, you need to look near Randolph Canyon

Hmm, are you absolutely sure that mines in Randolph are really "lost"? :icon_scratch: This is where those books you denigrate and dismiss so readily, would help you figure out what is and what is NOT actually a lost mine. :read2:

It sounds like you have worked out a team to accomplish what you wish, so I wish you good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Well said Roy,

David,
you really have no idea what another THer has discovered.
There are those of us who have no inclination to disclose what lies outside our doors.
Much less to lay claim to having opened up a legend.

Roy,
If we were to do it, I'm sure most of us would use the template you have outlined in your discoveries.

OP
OP
Quinan Bear

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
I was talking about the books that tell of the LDM and the Peralta Stones. Did any of you find the LDM or any of the peralta stone mines, by what the books told you?
I know a few people that are getting gold from those mountains and have been for years now. You are not the only ones. I know that there are many mines being used at present, that are not recorded, I said that many posts ago.

There are still many mines not yet found though.

Happy hunting.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Something that may be added is that there are many mines and prospect holes that are known and not mentioned,
as they are worthless. Not worth going after.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Something that may be added is that there are many mines and prospect holes that are known and not mentioned,
as they are worthless. Not worth going after.

Not to mention the many mines that have been filled in by the forest service over the years.

Quinan Bear said:
I can read the land from here and know much more then you will ever know from those books. It's all good though, cause I am making plans of seeing those mountains for myself, since I have confirmation on a site I was researching.

Happy hunting.

Have the SAR folks been notified?
Cause if all your planning is based on what you see from Google Eye.....you're gonna need em.

Regards:SH

Attachments

• crap.jpg
    crap.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 441
OP
OP
Quinan Bear

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
If those guys want to let SAR know what they are doing and going, then that is up to them. I just give them the areas and they go and take photos and doncument them.

Any mine that needed to be covered over, is not a peralta mine nore is it the LDM, unless of course someone opened them. If they were covered over? then they still would show signs of being there. Again i will say to read the land..

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hola amigos,
I just wanted to opine - those old mines <whether shafts or tunnels> shouldn't be covered over or filled in. Besides the possible future interest for prospectors, very often they are used by wildlife for a home; tunnels especially are useful for bats, and bats eat those flying insects that torment us.... ;D :icon_thumleft: There is a group campaigning to have ALL old mines filled in and closed up, which would be detrimental on several levels. Mark those shaft openings for safety reasons, but don't cover them up.
Oroblanco

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good point Oroblanco, bats are better off in old mines rather than public buildings. Homar

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hola amigo and welcome to Treasurenet! :thumbsup:

I like the little critters, it fascinates me how they can nail a mosquito in mid-air by sonar, and they do make a dent in them. I even plan to make a couple "bat-houses" to encourage them to stick around here too. The Superstitions can be surprisingly full of flying bugs that bite, anything that will help knock down the population of skeeters is worth having around in my opinion.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Quinan Bear said:
Like I said to you all before.
READ THE LAND.

If you were the very first man to ever walk into the Superstitions. You would need to read the land to get through or to know the place better. If ANY of you want to find a mine that has little, to no directions to it, then you would have no choice but to read the land.

I know that weaver's needle had a large section of it, blown away because someone thought that there was a shaft at the top that lead to a vault. Needless to say that there IS a sharp peak that DOES have a shaft at the top that leads to a vault, but it not Weaver's.
I know that cactus juice was used in the mixture for making the plaster that Jacob Waltz used to seal the entrance to his mine, which was a 3 foot hole that he made to a 6 foot hole and 2 feet deep, to be able to put logs (Placed to match the hill's slope), then he plastered it and put rocks and dirt on top to make it look like the surrounding area.

It is said , that you had to pass by the first and second water hole and if you passed the three red hills, you went too far. A Spirit sleep 4 hours a day near the mine. There is a cave near by that was used as a marker and it could be seen from the mine. there are 4 peaks that look like one, to the North. Weaver's needle is to the south. it is in a small canyon running North and shaped like a funnel that is bigger at the top end. I see the people walking on the Military trail to the east but they can't see me. the sun set shines into the entrance to the mine when open.

Now that you have that in mind.
If you left from Apache junction and passed the 2 water holes, you would be near the three hills. Now you go to the highest hill just to the South of the 3 red hills. Look around you, there is a cave to the South, A rock structure to the Northeast. There is a pothole filled canyon near by. 3 wikiups on the west at the head of the opposite gulch. A spirit (i showed you) near by.

Look at the area itself and see that there are many faults that converge there and a gold bearing vein that heads in that direction. You can also see the many different types of rocks as well.

I know that I can't teach you old dogs new tricks. So i will post this for those that will look and listen, and i will answer any questions that arise from this.

Have a great day... happy hunting.

Your are trying to quote an old Apache legend that was once translated by an old woman who stood at the carvings in Hieroglyphic Canyon, at the Superstitions. The trail begins there as you travel into the rising sun.

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
three month bump
very interesting

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
donnaplace said:
twisted fork
what that picture in your avatar
is it just a rock or a face?

It is a map stone or palm stone after the fashion of days lost. A way to remember in a way that God made. A messenger stone. A stone independent of other such stone in position. A guard position ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions