just how big of an area are we talking about...

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
with the LDM...is it 10 miles by 30 .....30 by 30.....just how big an area....

i was just reading this jesse capen post....it mentioned a guy from the 30's and then these 3 lost last month.....how many are now missing....

this many are missing and no bodies on the surface...they fell in holes...or in caves and lost...man that would suck....

how far of a walk in is it from this parking lot...to where the search would begin....

boy i have some reading to catch up on....

Nov 2, 2009
""""just how big of an area are we talking about..."""" Well I Highly Recommend You should check out Jim Hatts Great search and rescue forum on DUSA Desert. USA.
Jim Hatt Quoted:
They (THE THREE MISSING HIKERS) had marked on the topo map that was found in their car. I also found out today that the hand drawn map was found in their car at the same time. It just had not been made known to everyone until the Sheriff's offices from both Counties had time to check the suspect area first. Once they had done that, they began to show it to the rest of us, to see where "we" thought it lead to.

Basically... it leads to what all the Old Timers refer to as "The Weaver's Needle Country". That is just about anywhere within ((((""""a mile or so"""")))) of Weaver's Needle from any direction.

donnaplace

Banned
Jul 18, 2010
The United States Congress designated the Superstition Wilderness in 1964 and it now has a total of 159,757 acres. All of this wilderness is located in Arizona and is managed by the Forest Service.

Nov 2, 2009
donnaplace said:
The United States Congress designated the Superstition Wilderness in 1964 and it now has a total of 159,757 acres. All of this wilderness is located in Arizona and is managed by the Forest Service.
How many acres of land does Earth have? 57,491,000 square miles: 36,794,240,000 acres. All of this is located on earth. and is managed by the human race. however the area we are focusing on is a """"one mile radius from weavers needle!""""

Nov 2, 2009
donnaplace said:
how do you know its weavers needle!"""" and not some other point?
Jim Hatt Quoted:
They (THE THREE MISSING HIKERS) had marked on the topo map that was found in their car. I also found out today that the hand drawn map was found in their car at the same time. It just had not been made known to everyone until the Sheriff's offices from both Counties had time to check the suspect area first. Once they had done that, they began to show it to the rest of us, to see where "we" thought it lead to.

Basically... it leads to what all the Old Timers refer to as "The Weaver's Needle Country". That is just about anywhere within ((((""""a mile or so"""")))) of Weaver's Needle from any direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread