• None Of The Above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time has protected the mines ... foolish childs play between Waltz and Dick holmes .., the pride of the apache to protect a holly place in the their history .. the respect to take back what was taken from them .. not the gold or the land .. lives and spirits of those who were forced to work the mines ...

we may never no cost .. but what price has been paid , has been paid long ago ...

how many human remains lay at the bottom of that dead fall ?

did it kill them or did their own greed kill them ?

evil spirits protect these mines and they care not about the ways of our world and its realities

evil is evil , i shell not fear for he is with me all of my days ...

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Nothing like the sound of crunching rib cages echoing in the dark, as you work your way down to the high-grade depths. Don't let your torch go out yet.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blindbowman said:
time has protected the mines ... foolish childs play between Waltz and Dick holmes .., the pride of the apache to protect a holly place in the their history .. the respect to take back what was taken from them .. not the gold or the land .. lives and spirits of those who were forced to work the mines ...

we may never no cost .. but what price has been paid , has been paid long ago ...

evil spirits protect these mines and they care not about the ways of our world and its realities

I have to respectfully disagree on whether any human remains lay at the bottom of the Lost Dutchman gold mine; as far as I am aware, only one person was ever able to locate it successfully since 1891 despite over 100 people who claim to have done it. That person died along the trail above Charleybois spring, with ore in his backpack that matched Waltz's ore. I think you have guessed whom I am referring to, and there is no absolute proof that he actually found the mine or just found ore laying somewhere, or even the remaining cache left by Waltz. However if he found the cache, he was not far from the mine as it was considered key to finding the mine. I know you are referring to your site with the deadfall, but we don't know what that site truly is - if it even is a mine for that matter. I don't mean to irritate you with this, just saying, "by the book" we don't know of any humans actually buried in the mine.

As for what protects the mine today, its well-hidden location is the greatest and strongest protector of all; any deaths due to human errors, accidents, getting lost, attacks by mountain lions or even the rare bears, are only circumstantially related. Foul play is another matter entirely, for humans are the most dangerous critters in the Superstitions and murders have been committed over fools gold there (literally, iron pyrites; one partner argued with another over their rich "gold" discovery and shot him to death back in the 1960's) so it is a real danger that should never be ignored; whether these human murderers should really have the LDM or not, if they THINK they do, they could be very dangerous - more so than even a hungry mountain lion.

That said, I do not believe that there are any secret gold miners working the LDM and killing anyone who gets close; it is possible there could be such persons at work there, but I doubt they have the LDM; what matters however is their belief that it might be. If there are such men there, murdering people in order to 'protect' their "dutchman mine" as our friend Santa Fe NM keeps reminding us, I have faith that they will be caught and that sooner than they think. It is folly to linger on such dark theories of murderers lurking in the wilderness or a band of wild Apaches still haunting the mountains, when the likelihoods are all against it.

*Side note here to any 'newbies' who may be reading our discussion, but never go hiking into any wilderness area without firearms for your own protection. A handgun is the best option, they are fairly light and can be worn on the hip, easy to access if any danger should arise. Chances are heavily against any kind of danger that will call for a gun, but it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Also, avoid strangers in wilderness areas; yes this may be anti-social, but you will avoid trouble in this way.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 2, 2009
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman said:

I have to respectfully disagree on whether any human remains lay at the bottom of the Lost Dutchman gold mine; as far as I am aware, only one person was ever able to locate it successfully since 1891 despite over 100 people who claim to have done it. That person died along the trail above Charleybois spring, with ore in his backpack that matched Waltz's ore. I think you have guessed whom I am referring to, and there is no absolute proof that he actually found the mine or just found ore laying somewhere, or even the remaining cache left by Waltz. However if he found the cache, he was not far from the mine as it was considered key to finding the mine. I know you are referring to your site with the deadfall, but we don't know what that site truly is - if it even is a mine for that matter. I don't mean to irritate you with this, just saying, "by the book" we don't know of any humans actually buried in the mine.

As for what protects the mine today, its well-hidden location is the greatest and strongest protector of all; any deaths due to human errors, accidents, getting lost, attacks by mountain lions or even the rare bears, are only circumstantially related. Foul play is another matter entirely, for humans are the most dangerous critters in the Superstitions and murders have been committed over fools gold there (literally, iron pyrites; one partner argued with another over their rich "gold" discovery and shot him to death back in the 1960's) so it is a real danger that should never be ignored; whether these human murderers should really have the LDM or not, if they THINK they do, they could be very dangerous - more so than even a hungry mountain lion.

That said, I do not believe that there are any secret gold miners working the LDM and killing anyone who gets close; it is possible there could be such persons at work there, but I doubt they have the LDM; what matters however is their belief that it might be. If there are such men there, murdering people in order to 'protect' their "dutchman mine" as our friend Santa Fe NM keeps reminding us, I have faith that they will be caught and that sooner than they think. It is folly to linger on such dark theories of murderers lurking in the wilderness or a band of wild Apaches still haunting the mountains, when the likelihoods are all against it.

*Side note here to any 'newbies' who may be reading our discussion, but never go hiking into any wilderness area without firearms for your own protection. A handgun is the best option, they are fairly light and can be worn on the hip, easy to access if any danger should arise. Chances are heavily against any kind of danger that will call for a gun, but it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Also, avoid strangers in wilderness areas; yes this may be anti-social, but you will avoid trouble in this way.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
As our friend ORO "ROY A DECKER" keeps reminding us, I Also have faith that "they" will be caught and that sooner than they think. :thumbsup: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: " :sign13: "

Nov 2, 2009
Blindbowman said:

Sorry for your Loss Mr. Robert Lawton. I hope this gives you hope, A pilgrimage is a journey of a person or persons to a shrine or holy place. It is usually to ask for a favor or to thank God for blessings in one's life.

For generations Native American Indians, the Hispanics of the Southwest, and other people of faith have traveled to the site of El Santuario de Chimayo to ask for healing for themselves or for others, and to offer prayers of petition or prayers of thanksgiving for favors received. In 1945, U. S. servicemen who had survived the "Bataan Death March" began a tradition of walking to El Santuario to thank Santo Niño de Atocha for delivering them from evil. The tradition of pilgrimages has grown stronger over the years and now many thousands of people begin or end pilgrimages at El Santuario.

Attachments

• PilgrimsAtSantuario.jpg
    PilgrimsAtSantuario.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 367

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
I feel for anyone's loss as much as the other, but I would be quite fearful at the thought of going out of my way for someone who is passed on and still around. God has respect for no man and is a jealous God; saints if they exist in spirit, had better already be with Jesus. Deception.........

Christians are meant to walk in faith, not after the traditions of their forefathers. The mountains are filled with centuries of the dead wandering damned; nice folks turned ugly upon realizing God had no idea who they are when they gave up their flesh.

The funnel was buried by men. The tunnel of which the December sunset shines into is another story. The "Lost Dutchman" does not exist; that is if your looking in the Supers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread