All Lost Dutchman Mine Maps

Do any of the 63 Lost dutchman mine maps lead to anywhere other than the Superstition Mountains

• Total voters

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Good morning Furness: a mirror image, upside down, was a simple, but favorite trick of the Jesuits.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real,
Are the Jesuits the only ones credited with using this/these techniques, or were others using it also? I believe that possibility arises in the Peralta-Ruth map after visiting an area of interest re guarding the LDM. Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate only some parts of the map with those characteristics? The next question is what parts?

dustcap

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustcap said:
Good morning Furness: a mirror image, upside down, was a simple, but favorite trick of the Jesuits.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real,
Are the Jesuits the only ones credited with using this/these techniques, or were others using it also? I believe that possibility arises in the Peralta-Ruth map after visiting an area of interest re guarding the LDM. Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate only some parts of the map with those characteristics? The next question is what parts?

dustcap

Dustcap,

In short, yes. The Jesuits were the only ones who have been found to have used coded messages like that. While it is possible other Orders did, there is just no incriminating evidence for it.

Best-Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
gollum said:
dustcap said:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real,

dustcap

Dustcap,

In short, yes. The Jesuits were the only ones who have been found to have used coded messages like that. While it is possible other Orders did, there is just no incriminating evidence for it.

Best-Mike

Mike,

Can you tell us where we can find the "incriminating evidence" for Jesuits using a "mirror image, upside down...."?

Thanks,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Just a note for anyone trying to track down that Sleeping Lady Squaw story, it is also known as the Black Princess, Sleeping Squaw, etc a lost gold mine somewhere near Arivaca in the Cerro Colorado. The map referred to, as poor as it is, is more likely to apply to that lost mine legend than the Sleeping Lady rock formation you can see from the highway west of Globe.
Roy

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

The incriminating evidence wasn't in using the upside down mirror image but just to do with writing in code in general.

I have sent that to you previously via email, but here is a link to start:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286969.msg2057134.html#msg2057134

.......... and for those that think the passage means they wrote letters in Vulgate Latin, it has been four years now since I first asked, and as of yet NOBODY has been able to show me a letter from this period (1608-1767) from a Jesuit Missionary Priest in Northern Mexico to a superior written in Latin. There are several places where we can view online scans of so many of those letters. Nothing in Latin.

Best-Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Dust: you posted -->Are the Jesuits the only ones credited with using this/these techniques, or were others using it also? I believe that possibility arises in the Peralta-Ruth map after visiting an area of interest re guarding the LDM. Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate only some parts of the map with those characteristics? The next question is what parts?

Obviously not, but they are credited with this technique. As for partial useage, Yes, I have a map of the Tayopa Area in which they did just this.
It involves a large sun which I finally found after a few years of scratching my head. Even the Indians in the area don't know of it, plus a mules head looking at one of the closed portales.

Don Jose de La Mancha

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
furness said:
Hi All,

Has this been mentioned on T Net before ? with a map and photo being posted, and someone else mentioned reversing it in a mirror ?
I seem to remember it was posted by Joe, but i could be wrong on that, apologies if it wasn't you joe but can anyone point me to the thread it was in,

Regards

John

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,255661.100.html

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kanabite,

yes that's the photo and post i was thinking of,

many thanks,

John