All Lost Dutchman Mine Maps

Do any of the 63 Lost dutchman mine maps lead to anywhere other than the Superstition Mountains

• Total voters
OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
This is quoted from a post on a recent article. michael paul hill wrote on Tuesday, Jul 20 at 06:48 PM »
How come "none of the white people" who look for this gold mine "ever ask" an Apache person or medicine about this mountain? It seems like the media "minimizes the connection that us Apache have with this mountain" and (hence) the reasons why careless people enter into this holy and sacred mountain to look for the "stone of the Creator which is gold?" Even though "we may be reluctant to answer" it "wouldn't hurt for you all to inquire about why this holy and sacred mountain consumes the hearts of men who are seeking material wealth instead of the holiness that this place is known for...especially to us Nnee (Apache)."

Read more: KCSG Television - 3 Hikers on Treasure Hunt in Superstitions Feared Dead http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...on-Treasure-Hunt-in-Superstitions-Feared-Dead

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
"It seems like the media "minimizes the connection that us Apache have with this mountain" Why on Gods green earth would the media or "anyone" minimize that connection? And who would gain by minimizing this connection, and what would they gain other than dead or missing prospector treasure hunters. Do these ends justify their means?

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
And if any one wants my opinion heres the real beef. The United States, Mexican and Spanish governments, along with the Church, engaged in
a transparent attempt to destroy the Chiricahua Apache people. Settlers and colonizers of
the above groups promoted the act of genocide against the Chiricahua and Apache people
as well as other Indigenous Peoples in the United States, Mexico, Canada and South
America in efforts to exploit their lands, territories and natural resources. These States
"have yet to apologize, admit, or reconcile these gross human rights abuses to the peoples
they have committed these atrocities against."

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NativeOne said:
These States
"have yet to apologize, admit, or reconcile these gross human rights abuses to the peoples
they have committed these atrocities against."

That's probably because 100% of the perpetrators and 100% of the victims have been dead for a long, long time and there's no one left that needs to apologize, nor anyone left in need of an apology.

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
Santa Fe New Mexican Mr. Kemm did post in this forum, an "apology from the catholic church" but i have seen no one else publicly apologize for the atrocities, on this forum or any where else. I personally am neutral on this political can of worms, and just want to help bring resolve and healing to this old wound of Apache. Travis B

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
Some Apaches believe in "reincarnation" but most believe spirits included ancestors, animals, the four directions and natural forces.
Virtues in Apache tribes include hard work, keeping your word and generosity. "The reward for (good acts) was not a reward in the afterlife but a reward of good things in present-day life."

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
PokerPlayer said:
NativeOne said:
These States
"have yet to apologize, admit, or reconcile these gross human rights abuses to the peoples they have committed these atrocities against."

That's probably because 100% of the perpetrators and 100% of the victims have been dead for a long, long time and there's no one left that needs to apologize, nor anyone left in need of an apology.

Yeah, they got screwed. But the Apaches did more than their share of screwing the other tribes in the southwest before the Mexicans or Whitey arrived. It's the way of humans - we screw others to get what they have, then someone else screws us to take it away. All of our forefathers are guilty and all of them have been victimized, one way or another. We'll eventually get ours too. In case you haven't noticed, there's not much justice in this world.

By the way, there's not one mention of the Superstitions in the links you've provided. Also, the first Anglos into Apacheria reported gold mining done in the Gila headwaters country by Mangus Coloradas and his people. They learned from the Mexicans that the 'holy metal' could be used as money to buy stuff with (The Marvelous Country, by Cozzens to start with).

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
"By the way, there's not one mention of the Superstitions in the links you've provided" The Apache sacred cave and the lost dutchmans mine are infact one and the same, and are under protection, and yes it is in the superstitions, and yes Mr. Kemm has pinpointed it. so how bout helping in returning those apache bones as this would be a good deed shown. Travis B The past is gone but the future is being made.

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
“This is the pain and suffering our people lived through. Many of our ancestors have never forgotten the sadness and unforgiving moments. It has been passed on to their children and generations thereafter.

“Is it any wonder that we are so deeply divided, not having dealt with the atrocities? We must cope with what actually happened to our ancestors, put it behind us, begin to heal, understand who we are and go forward together as a tribe and as Apaches.”
San Carlos Apache Crown Dancers
Taken at Mission San José de Tumacácori, Arizona.

Attachments

• SAN CARLOS APACHE DANCERS.jpg
    SAN CARLOS APACHE DANCERS.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 8,183

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Springfield said:
PokerPlayer said:
NativeOne said:
These States
"have yet to apologize, admit, or reconcile these gross human rights abuses to the peoples they have committed these atrocities against."

Yeah, they got screwed. But the Apaches did more than their share of screwing the other tribes in the southwest before the Mexicans or Whitey arrived. It's the way of humans - we screw others to get what they have, then someone else screws us to take it away. All of our forefathers are guilty and all of them have been victimized, one way or another. We'll eventually get ours too. In case you haven't noticed, there's not much justice in this world.

By the way, there's not one mention of the Superstitions in the links you've provided. Also, the first Anglos into Apacheria reported gold mining done in the Gila headwaters country by Mangus Coloradas and his people. They learned from the Mexicans that the 'holy metal' could be used as money to buy stuff with (The Marvelous Country, by Cozzens to start with).

Springfield,

You are, of course, correct. My comment would be: The Apache "have yet to apologize, admit, or reconcile these gross human rights abuses to the peoples they have committed these atrocities against."

The Apache were the latest of the latecomers (Native Americans) into the Southwest, with Arizona being on the tail end of their invasion, somewhere around A.D. 1700. They arrived here by having to run from, being pushed by, the strong tribes and overpowering the weak ones along the way.

When the Apache apologize to the people they displaced by force, perhaps we should consider doing the same, although it's probably been done by the whites already. There was never a large presence of Apache in the Superstitions. I believe most of this talk is a modern-day invention.

Just one man's opinion.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
NativeOne

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
I believe most of this talk is a modern-day invention.

Just one man's opinion.

Take care,

Joe The Superstition mountains!

"You’ve got to start with the Apache." To the Apache, the Superstitions are a sacred place. It’s the home of their “Thunder God.”
And, that Thunder God did not welcome any trespassers. Only the Apache themselves were welcome in the Superstitions.

This Thunder God was so powerful and dangerous, the other local tribes stayed far away from his home. Those foolhardy enough to enter the Superstitions seldom came back out.
"The Apache has always believed only they can pass through the superstitions safely"

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
NativeOne said:
.... the Apache, the Superstitions are a sacred place. It’s the home of their “Thunder God.”
And, that Thunder God did not welcome any trespassers. Only the Apache themselves were welcome in the Superstitions.

This Thunder God was so powerful and dangerous, the other local tribes stayed far away from his home. Those foolhardy enough to enter the Superstitions seldom came back out.
"The Apache has always believed only they can pass through the superstitions safely"

Nice campfire story.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Blindbowman said:
i am shama chi moha
i am back !
i am tazza the lizard boy
son of ca ta ka
the cactus king
chief of chi coo mohaz toc
i am the dove and the raven
i am coo a caw tribe

Silly campfire story

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Sigh Springfield, BB, Me? I am just a bone fide SAINT.

Don Jose de La Mancha
[/quolol if he can say he owns the mts .. then i can do some roll playing ...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread