A well hidden fact.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it something well hidden in the newspaper?
Did the paper boy miss my porch again?
Invisible ink,maybe?

I will not rest until I have the truth.....SH.

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Interesting Response.

You found the truth and walked away from it.

Whether the truth finds you again is an open question.

Starman 1

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that musty smell of old new papers .. lost in the past that was so fresh and awake in the eyes and minds of the readers of the day .. , those dreamers and thrill seekers of old ... how times have not changed at all ....LOL

:coffee2:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
starman 1 said:
The Arizona Republic, June 08, 1934.

Ruth’s skull was found on December 10, 1931, and was soon verified as his remains. Deputy Sheriff Jeff Adams and William A. Barkley found Ruth’s skeletal remains in January of 1932 in a small tributary on the east slope of Black Top Mesa. The so called Ruth-Peralta map was found in Ruth’s Camp and later published in the Arizona Republic in 1934. Kollenborn Chronicles, 8/4/08

Why would you place faith in a 'treasure map' published in a newspaper?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if it is a valid and true treasure map -- that was published in a newspaper * don't you think it would have lead folks to the mine site long ago (back in the 30's depession type era -- folks sorely needed money. -- the map if valid would have lead folks to the mine site way before now.

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
The article I am referencing is concerned with the bone yard.

The lady is accurate and this is not about local butchery.

This is about the butchery of others.

Bluff Spring Mountain, in the cave of the ancients. Their words are still carved on its walls.

One of the locals discovered the words but not the bones.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ah got your drift --- ala-- treasure of the serria madres" -- treasure hunting folks turning upon one another in fits of greed --murdering one another --

old treasure hunters motto -- never have a fellow treasure hunter above you with a shovel in hand while your in the hole bent over trying to get the treasure chest out :wink: :icon_thumright: otherwise you might never get out of that hole.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning Ivan: Precisely why I never gave any serious consideration to the map in Dobie's 'Apache gold & Yaqui silver". After I had found Tayopa, one day out of idle curiosity, I commenced to check it and to my surprise I found that it was almost 100% correct with the exception of the names of the two main trails being transposed.

However, if I had oringinally tried to find Tayopa with it, I would still be looking for It. It starts one out wth a mis-conception which guarentees no success.

It is posible that the LDM maps, and the stone tablets do the same thing?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
what better way to keep "others" buzy than to put out "mis information" for them to follow? --- stuff that looks solid leads wize but then slowly but sure=== steers them away from the real area (where you are looking)--into the nasty arid waste lands -- its a nasty old timers trick used to throw others off the trail of what you are seeking --the good old "red herring" ploy

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
ivan salis said:
what better way to keep "others" buzy than to put out "mis information" for them to follow? --- stuff that looks solid leads wize but then slowly but sure=== steers them away from the real area (where you are looking)--into the nasty arid waste lands -- its a nasty old timers trick used to throw others off the trail of what you are seeking --the good old "red herring" ploy

Your mistake here is that you believe "where you are looking" is any more truthful than the area you're steering others to. It's all disinformation. This is exactly why you cannot expect anything available to the public is to be totally relied upon. Human nature is the reason for so many failures in life - people tend to embrace ideas that can't be verified.

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
what better way to keep "others" buzy than to put out "mis information" for them to follow?

Ivan,
A very well known Dutch Hunter once told me that most of what he tells about the LDM is just that, "disinformation." He doesn't tell outright falsehoods, just implies information he believes to be incorrect as accurate or factual. His reasoning is to keep possible finders well away from his personal search area.
-Ken 'dustcap' Chichester

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
in researching for info -- its a lot like finding the start of a river --the closer to the source --the less contamination there is .

one needs to find base source information * --this often requires that one spend a lot of time .effort and money doing research and also one might even have to learn to read and even "translate ' very old foreign language documents -- not a easy task at all.

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
What I have presented is fact.

No need for mis-information. My interests in the Superstitions are different.

Ask Mr. K about the cave. Seems he writes a column in a local paper.

The lady was mistaken about one thing, her abode was not the LDM.

Just another day in paradise.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
starman 1 said:
Interesting Response.

You found the truth and walked away from it.

Whether the truth finds you again is an open question.

Starman 1

A misinterpretation of my actions,Starman.Although I have temporarily suspended my studies of the topic,in favour of the Stone Maps,I did return to the cave recently and it remains undisturbed.The window still affords an excellent view of the canyon below and admits the breeze which keeps the hall and it's artwork relatively free of dust and mould.I did find something that I had overlooked previously.A small patch of what appears to be mosaic,likely uncovered by monsoon rains entering by the window.Haven't had much time to research the design,though.But it doesn't look "Calalus",or even Roman to me.
The boneyard is now mostly covered by tall grass,the result of the past year's abundant rainfall.Whoever they may have been though,I am certain they remain at peace.They should be left that way.

Regards:SH.

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Within the cave system is a wall covered with Hebrew writing. A small Military cache is still intact there.

A local dropped into the cave years ago.

The Stone Maps are all about what you left behind.

The trail Maps are real, the rest were created to confuse and mis-lead. Appropriate markers were placed throughout the Superstitions to make them appear legitimate. Other legitimate maps left in the Superstitions have been removed an altered to confuse. Much as The Tucson Artifacts were years ago. The Commandment Stone In New Mexico is real. Circlestone is an observatory that ties it all together.

A careful researcher might look out that window and see a marker that is on a trail map.

The bees have protected the cave for many years.

Those who honor those who fell here are honorable men. Even those of us who are not gatekeepers respect that.

Thank You.

May the Stars always keep you safe.

Starman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread