the priest map or witch map

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So , one stone heart is red-brown and the other was black . That is what the CP map says , the transition from the setting sun ( day ) to the moon ( night ) . Or , show a direction from the east to west .

deducer , you have one answer : where is the Latin heart in relation with the trail heart .

The CP paper (or rock) I do not consider a map as much as a map legend, or a list of things to look for when you are at the end of the journey. I will admit that I had struggled with the meaning of meus for a long time. As you know, it also exists on the LH, and is written down the same number of times on the LH as it is on the CP paper, which is yet another reason that it's hard to consider those items a forgery, since their respective discoveries were decades apart, and the rock itself was only rediscovered very recently.

What meus represented came to me in a moment of epiphany, and its contradictory nature (the word means "mine" as in possession, not mining), particularly in regard to the intentionally misspelled and misgendered los eglesia was in itself a big clue to me, and is furthermore something that only a person with a strong religious background would recognize or understand as far as what it represents; something the mapmaker(s) surely intended.

The LH, I now consider to have a dual purpose- being both legend and inventory.

I marvel at the cunning and ingenuity of it all.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I marvel at the cunning and ingenuity of it all."

More so than any of us has previously imagined, I would suspect.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CP paper (or rock) I do not consider a map as much as a map legend, or a list of things to look for when you are at the end of the journey. I will admit that I had struggled with the meaning of meus for a long time. As you know, it also exists on the LH, and is written down the same number of times on the LH as it is on the CP paper, which is yet another reason that it's hard to consider those items a forgery, since their respective discoveries were decades apart, and the rock itself was only rediscovered very recently.

What meus represented came to me in a moment of epiphany, and its contradictory nature (the word means "mine" as in possession, not mining), particularly in regard to the intentionally misspelled and misgendered los eglesia was in itself a big clue to me, and is furthermore something that only a person with a strong religious background would recognize or understand as far as what it represents; something the mapmaker(s) surely intended.

The LH, I now consider to have a dual purpose- being both legend and inventory.

I marvel at the cunning and ingenuity of it all.

The main map is the LH . The CP and the Cross are in the LH , but are only supplementary maps .
The only difference in the maps clues , is : the Fornix in the LH represents a side canyon bend , and in the Cross and CP , the Fornix is a stone arch .
I have these three maps assembled in a single map .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The main map is the LH . The CP and the Cross are in the LH , but are only supplementary maps .
The only difference in the maps clues , is : the Fornix in the LH represents a side canyon bend , and in the Cross and CP , the Fornix is a stone arch .
I have these three maps assembled in a single map .

For me, the LH is pretty much useless and of little interest, because by the time it is of any use, you are already there. Unless, of course, it turns out to be a smoking gun.

I suspect that the crosses may have come first, and the Stone Maps followed as the most comprehensive of the lot. In that the CP refers to and is on a higher but shorter path, I believe it came later. Easier to carry around a piece of paper tucked away in a copy of Tomus tertius concionum: de sanctis than lug around stones.

Fornix does translate to "arch" but what it represents is not an arch in the conventional sense of that word, or what most people think of when they see that word.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, the LH is pretty much useless and of little interest, because by the time it is of any use, you are already there. Unless, of course, it turns out to be a smoking gun.

I suspect that the crosses may have come first, and the Stone Maps followed as the most comprehensive of the lot. In that the CP refers to and is on a higher but shorter path, I believe it came later. Easier to carry around a piece of paper tucked away in a copy of Tomus tertius concionum: de sanctis than lug around stones.

Fornix does translate to "arch" but what it represents is not an arch in the conventional sense of that word, or what most people think of when they see that word.

Of course the LH is a smoking gun . And , IMO all the stone maps came together .
Nobody was carrying the stone anywhere . The stone maps were in a cave/mine at the end of the trail map , and were there for those who didn't know where the treasure is .

Finding the stone maps and reading the Priest stone , somebody would realize how is in the center of the stone trail heart . After , would check out the landmarks from the stone trail maps to realize if is at the right place and to see the limits of the heart .

The trail also should considered a landmark to validate the region . You would find the start point of the trail going backwards , but this is not necessary because is very dangerous and is only a waste of time . Are all a game of tasting your faith .

We know how the LH stone had the same dimension with the trail stone heart , so in the fields , the LH would has the same dimension with the physical trail heart . Now , to find the place where the LH , SC and CP lie , you should to decrypt the Priest riddle .

What you believe the " Fornix " really is ?

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adding to the previous post

The CP map alone , is for those who know where the LH and the other clues lie .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

I have asked you " What you believe the " Fornix " really is ? " , but I believe how the Fornix represents the image that is carved on the Cross map . If you knew how the CP and the Cross maps are used in the LH , you would know how the Fornix line end from the CP and the arch carving from the Cross , are in the same place .

Cross map.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also , could be an arched entrance to a vault . Two meanings in one , like Meus .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does "meus" have two meanings ?

"meus -a -um [my , mine]; 'Nero meus', [my friend Nero]."

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Interesting that "R." is sometimes used as an abbreviation for "breviary"......"R. — Responsorium ("Responsory" — Breviary)"

"Tomus tertius concionum: de sanctis" ....the book of psalms...is one example of a Breviary.
With that book having been found hidden in a cave, could the "R" on the stone cross indicate the location of that cave ?
And that the missing "R" in "SOME(R)O" hints that this book is very important to understanding the use of the word on that stone, as well as finding the location of the "CUEVA"?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does "meus" have two meanings ?

"meus -a -um [my , mine]; 'Nero meus', [my friend Nero]."

"Meus " has double acustic meanings in English.

The author(s) used to double many things in those stone maps . For example : two stone trail , two stone hearts , two stone crosses , etc.

The two stone trail seems to have not any significance , the two stone hearts are two different ground maps and the two stone crosses are for the same region , but one is a ground map and the other give the meanings of the two carvings from the other .
So , when you see the arch carving on the ground stone cross map, you know is the " El Cueva .... " . Is a double meaning because of what you see with what you know really is .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that "R." is sometimes used as an abbreviation for "breviary"......"R. — Responsorium ("Responsory" — Breviary)"

"Tomus tertius concionum: de sanctis" ....the book of psalms...is one example of a Breviary.
With that book having been found hidden in a cave, could the "R" on the stone cross indicate the location of that cave ?
And that the missing "R" in "SOME(R)O" hints that this book is very important to understanding the use of the word on that stone, as well as finding the location of the "CUEVA"?

I believe the " R " is for water . Knowing how the two hearts are from two different regions , the two " R " are for two different waters . Also , the Horse " says " how is grazing " Norte del Rio " , but this is only for the LH because the Horse map has a " 3E " sign which means " opposite , change direction , etc " , so the horse is grazing south of the water .
The trail heart is north of his " R " .

I believe also how the book was found in the same cave where the stone maps were sometime there . The guys took the stones and left the book , maybe because didn't see it or were not interested , or many other reasons .

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course the LH is a smoking gun . And , IMO all the stone maps came together .
Nobody was carrying the stone anywhere . The stone maps were in a cave/mine at the end of the trail map , and were there for those who didn't know where the treasure is .

Finding the stone maps and reading the Priest stone , somebody would realize how is in the center of the stone trail heart . After , would check out the landmarks from the stone trail maps to realize if is at the right place and to see the limits of the heart .

The trail also should considered a landmark to validate the region . You would find the start point of the trail going backwards , but this is not necessary because is very dangerous and is only a waste of time . Are all a game of tasting your faith .

We know how the LH stone had the same dimension with the trail stone heart , so in the fields , the LH would has the same dimension with the physical trail heart . Now , to find the place where the LH , SC and CP lie , you should to decrypt the Priest riddle .

What you believe the " Fornix " really is ?

I don't "believe" anything about the fornix. I know what it is, and the description that somehiker posted pretty much nails it, and beyond that I don't really have anything further to add.

The LH would become a smoking gun if there exists a "key" document that matched up with it perfectly, especially if proprietary names were involved. A good example would be the waybill from PegLeg Tumlinson that ended up in Robert Garman's possession.

I do agree that the TS were meant to be cached as depicted on the "priest" side of the H/P stone.

The LH stone is of the same dimensions as the heart stone. Both fit and fill the heart cavity on the upper TS perfectly. As you know, the cavity on the TS is too deep for just the heart stone. Inserting the heart stone in the cavity of the TS only fills half of it, something the museum refuses to recognize. :dontknow:

And yes, this has been, and is an enormous test of faith and patience, just as the makers intended, but I don't mind- it has been a very fascinating journey. I enjoy poring through mountains of research, materials, and photos, collecting tiny scraps of evidence and morsels of potential clues. To stalk, to hunt, and to follow in some pretty old footprints, requires a great deal of patience.

And I have learned to become very patient.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

And that what was chosen was the tomus tertius, or the third lecture or commentary on the book, is rather interesting, as the number three is something that shows up on nearly everything associated with this enterprise.

I think often about the transformation of the some(r)o montana into that which became the co(r)azon, the balance of which presumably was tossed "out back" in the form of that huge pile of rubble. How big was it to begin with? And how much bigger did it then get?

If I am not wrong, the location of where the book was found, was known to Jim, being conveyed to him from Reid (via Reser), and I am guessing that this location then became his area of interest?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't "believe" anything about the fornix. I know what it is, and the description that somehiker posted pretty much nails it, and beyond that I don't really have anything further to add.

The LH would become a smoking gun if there exists a "key" document that matched up with it perfectly, especially if proprietary names were involved. A good example would be the waybill from PegLeg Tumlinson that ended up in Robert Garman's possession.

I do agree that the TS were meant to be cached as depicted on the "priest" side of the H/P stone.

The LH stone is of the same dimensions as the heart stone. Both fit and fill the heart cavity on the upper TS perfectly. As you know, the cavity on the TS is too deep for just the heart stone. Inserting the heart stone in the cavity of the TS only fills half of it, something the museum refuses to recognize. :dontknow:

And yes, this has been, and is an enormous test of faith and patience, just as the makers intended, but I don't mind- it has been a very fascinating journey. I enjoy poring through mountains of research, materials, and photos, collecting tiny scraps of evidence and morsels of potential clues. To stalk, to hunt, and to follow in some pretty old footprints, requires a great deal patience.

And I have learned to become very patient.

IMO , the " Fornix " is what the stone crosses show .

And yes , the patience is the greatest virtue , but is not enough in this case .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that what was chosen was the tomus tertius, or the third lecture or commentary on the book, is rather interesting, as the number three is something that shows up on nearly everything associated with this enterprise.

I think often about the transformation of the some(r)o montana into that which became the co(r)azon, the balance of which presumably was tossed "out back" in the form of that huge pile of rubble. How big was it to begin with? And how much bigger did it then get?

If I am not wrong, the location of where the book was found, was known to Jim, being conveyed to him from Reid (via Reser), and I am guessing that this location then became his area of interest?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to confirm that Jim knew the exact location of the cave where the book was found.
Only that the cave contained, was close to or part of a ruin of some kind. He wouldn't tell me where it was though, other than it was within his own area of interest (Tortilla Mtn.), and did show me a photo of a boulder which had a deep carving of a heart, like that on the upper TS. I understood that boulder, dark in color, to be within his area as well, and that he suspected it was where the LH was to be used for orientation. At the time, I was inclined to agree with his assumption, but circumstances have since led me elsewhere.
I'd like to find that boulder though, since I suspect it may lie close to something else I would like to confirm.

That pile of rubble, composed mainly of a single type of easily excavated rock, remains an enigma to me. Although sweeps with MD's have turned up nothing, which might only indicate nothing within their range, it does appear to have been "constructed", rather than formed by entirely natural forces. The existence of three or more parallel trails to-from my primary AOI, also seems to point toward an attempt to sort and ship the excavated rock to a place where it would not be so noticeable....AND to possibly serve a secondary purpose. I have since identified an area closer to the excavation, where I now believe the larger pieces were broken down into sizes more suitable for transport and mound-building. This area is strewn with larger pieces of the same rock type, all of which are angular and sharp-edged as waste rock usually is, but do not match the geology of any adjacent formation from which erosion and gravity would have played the dominant part in it's deposition. All together, the sheer volume of this particular material seems to indicate an excavation of considerable volume.....probably accomplished over a lengthy period.

On the LH, the numbers II, III, and IV (Roman) appear on the "numerical side", and directly opposite to the three words "Meus" on the "word/phrase" side of the stone.
On the H/P stone, the 2, 3, and 4 (Hindu/Arabic) all appear within the chain of symbols below the priest's cross, with the 2 and 3 bracketing the TM symbol.
What's at the end of the trail incorporates all of those numbers, as well as "seal" similar in purpose to that which Howard C. found at the end of his search.
While not the seal, this is also nearby......

DSCF1266 H&C.jpg

Sorry it's a bit out of focus.....didn't find out that the camera was autofocusing on the brush closer to where I was standing, rather than on the subject matter, until I got back home.
But it should be easy to make out what I was interested in at the time.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Meus " has double acustic meanings in English.

The author(s) used to double many things in those stone maps . For example : two stone trail , two stone hearts , two stone crosses , etc.

The two stone trail seems to have not any significance , the two stone hearts are two different ground maps and the two stone crosses are for the same region , but one is a ground map and the other give the meanings of the two carvings from the other .
So , when you see the arch carving on the ground stone cross map, you know is the " El Cueva .... " . Is a double meaning because of what you see with what you know really is .

How would the double "English" meanings have anything to do with any of these maps, or what they represent ?
Does your English to Greek to English translator give two such acoustic meanings ?

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would the double "English" meanings have anything to do with any of these maps, or what they represent ?
Does your English to Greek to English translator give two such acoustic meanings ?

You are talking about these stone maps like you know really what they represent .
I'm not using a translator to write here , maybe sometimes when I'm not sure about some words . But anyway , I have a good translator who could make coffee if I would ask politely .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread