treasure location

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
jimb said:
I have given several different people from this site several different treasure locations and have never heard from them again. I suspect they ran off with the money since they never reported back. Anyway, I figured out the maps ten years ago and know where the treasure is. But I am not telling this time. Do you know the history of the area and the stories of how many people have vanished without a trace?

OK ... busted. Send me a SASE and I'll mail you your share so I can clear my conscience. Let's see, remind me which treasure it was so I can keep my records straight. I hate it when my karma accounts don't balance.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have given several different people from this site several different treasure locations and have never heard from them again. I suspect they ran off with the money since they never reported back

So basically you're admitting to really poor judgement right? If you knew where these treasures were, you should have either gotten them yourself, signed a legel partnership with the people you gave the locations to, or just given them the locations for free and not complained about it.

Anyway, I figured out the maps ten years ago and know where the treasure is.

Congratulations, that puts you on a list along with hundreds of other people who have solved the maps and/or figured out where the treasure is ::)

Do you know the history of the area and the stories of how many people have vanished without a trace?

Yup, although quite a few have been found - years later in some cases, but there aren't as many who have vanished off the face of the earth as some would like to believe. If you've been a frequent reader of this topic, you would know there have been discussions about the dead and missing dutch hunters for years.

In summary, your post could be whittled down to this...

"I know something you don't know, nyah nyah" - was there any other point to starting this topic?

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
64, bad answer to a social site. Sorry you feel that way. The point was to get you talking about the lost treasure.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimb said:
64, bad answer to a social site. Sorry you feel that way. The point was to get you talking about the lost treasure.

Ummm jimb, the ENTIRE PURPOSE of this forum section is "The Lost Dutchman's Mine." If you just scan down the page you'll find hundreds of discussions about this supposed lost mine, the Peralta Stones, etc... going on every day! Usually a new thread topic brings up something NEW to talk about - either that, or the poster adds to an already started thread.

I apologize if my response to your post is a little harsh, but c'mon, you gotta bring something to the table if you want to start a new discussion!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim:
This board has hundreds of topics,with thousands of posts.If you can be bothered to read them,instead of trolling for insults,you will undoubtedly realize that many of us have been "talking about the lost treasure" for years.Post something credible and you may be taken seriously,and with respect.

Regards:SH.

Obviously,Paul and I are on the same frequency here.

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH obvious you guys dont understand what I am saying or how I am saying it and that is your problem not mine. And I have already read all of the LDM post as I have been here for many years. I will delete the post and you can go back to what ever it is you do.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
TreasureNet (LDM Forum) has been said to have way too many crazies......for years. Randy deleted his posts and stopped posting for awhile, for that very reason. Believe he may have been taking some flak from someone. Think he pretty much ended up on another site.

Something, which I consider fairly obvious, has been taking place on a regular basis. Newbies start signing up in bunches and posting some unusual claims. They often make very long posts to give some substance to the nonsense they are posting.

It makes one wonder if many of them aren't the same person, and if some kind of agenda isn't afoot. :o Isn't there some place where those who just want to discuss the LDM can go, and these kinds of posts are not allowed? :hello:

Rather than see that happen, I hope the management here takes a good look at what is being done. On the other hand, it could be that I am just not seeing things as they are. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Joe Ribaudo

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
cactusjumper said:
Something, which I consider fairly obvious, has been taking place on a regular basis. Newbies start signing up in bunches and posting some unusual claims. They often make very long posts to give some substance to the nonsense they are posting.

It makes one wonder if many of them aren't the same person, and if some kind of agenda isn't afoot. :o

Joe Ribaudo

One of those rare occasions where I agree with Joe... "LAMAR" comes to mind.

cactusjumper said:
Isn't there some place where those who just want to discuss the LDM can go, and these kinds of posts are not allowed?

EYUP!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jim Hatt said:
cactusjumper said:

It makes one wonder if many of them aren't the same person, and if some kind of agenda isn't afoot. :o

Joe Ribaudo

One of those rare occasions where I agree with Joe... "LAMAR" comes to mind.

cactusjumper said:
Isn't there some place where those who just want to discuss the LDM can go, and these kinds of posts are not allowed?

EYUP!

My, My!

Right on cue, up pops the answer.

On the other hand......"LAMAR"? :o Have to admit, he's not the first person I thought of. ::) Wonder if our "friend" Jim has anything to back up that scurrilous
Suggestion?

Joe Ribaudo

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
cactusjumper said:
On the other hand......"LAMAR"? :o Have to admit, he's not the first person I thought of. ::) Wonder if our "friend" Jim has anything to back up that scurrilous
Suggestion?

That seems to have struck a nerve?

Any particular reason you would take that so personal Joe :dontknow:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jim Hatt said:
cactusjumper said:
Suggestion?

That seems to have struck a nerve?

Any particular reason you would take that so personal Joe :dontknow:

Jim,

Even though I have had my own run-ins with Lamar, I consider him a TNet friend. This kind of game is not his style. On the other hand.......Jim, I didn't take it personally at all. I calls em like I sees em. Some people really don't like that, and love to make an issue of it. Those folks are the ones I was talking about. Only here to disrupt the site.

On another subject, how goes the glue tests. To be honest, I was kinda surprised to see you sniffing around that bit of old glutis/horse hoof. Earlier habits creeping back into your life? Did you have much of a conversation about it over on DUSA?

On another subject, what's this about me cheating you out of some money on some kind of business deal? Only business deal I ever had with you was bidding and winning your last pamphlet that had Clay Worst's signature on it. I paid, as I always do, on the day I won the bid.

That kind of charge is not a good thing to put in writing.

On the other hand.......Happy New Year! :D

Joe Ribaudo

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
cactusjumper said:
On another subject, how goes the glue tests. To be honest, I was kinda surprised to see you sniffing around that bit of old glutis/horse hoof.

Joe Ribaudo

Joe,

It is not up to me whether the glue tests are performed or not. I only provided the means by which something might have been learned.

Personally... I would like to know what the tests would reveal if anything. But apparently there are some who are afraid of what the tests might reveal, and have taken steps to ensure that they are not performed. I feel no need to embarrass those people by making a big issue out of it in the DUSA forums.

cactusjumper said:
On another subject, what's this about me cheating you out of some money on some kind of business deal? Only business deal I ever had with you was bidding and winning your last pamphlet that had Clay Worst's signature on it. I paid, as I always do, on the day I won the bid.

That kind of charge is not a good thing to put in writing.

Joe Ribaudo

Since that is the only financial transaction that has ever taken place between you and I.
And.. I recall it the same way you do... That's a good question Joe, and one I would like to dig into right down to it's source. And... Since this is the first time I have ever heard about it. I think a good place to start, is to see right where it was put into writing, since you appear to have a copy of it.

No reason to limit it to PM or email.. Just dump it right out here for everyone to see. Since you have peaked everyone's interest, there is no reason to leave anybody wondering.

Best,

Jim

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time of year seems to yield more members of the FOUNDIT Club than any other.
Cabin fever I guess.
The glue test seemed a good idea,with the glue that had been used to cement the two broken halves of the heart insert being the only organically based element that might give us a date for when the procedure took place.
Such a test likely would not have required any amount of material that would have greatly altered the appearance of the artifact itself,nor would have required an expenditure that could not have been covered by a donation program.
I for one,was surprised at the vitriol that appeared immediately when the suggestion was made.Personal differences and politics may have had some part in the decision,one that it seems to me has been made long before Jim suggested the test.It could also be that such a test was made in the past and the result was not one that fits the narrative.Seems to me that,if those that claim the Stones were carved within the last century truly believed in their own hypothesis,that they would be more than willing to have such a test done.The Stones have been in the public domain for some time,are well known,and such a test would not alter their appearance or security in any way.If the testing was to establish a repair date within the last century,the argument would be stronger for those that claim they were fabricated by Mitchell or one of his associates,IMHO.
Those who have made these claims,however,seem to have the strongest objection to any such testing.
Could it be,that their public opinion is different than their privately held beliefs?

Regards:SH

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

Personally, I thought it was a good idea as well. Just never believed that the powers that be would allow the test to take place. Once what Jim was wanting to test was exposed, he lost interest in continuing his game here. I know something you don't know.......

What is going on with this site, and the many new identities, is exactly what brought down the LDM Forum.
Same MO, same source. This site has way too many members for it to work, but I can see where some might decide to look for greener pastures.

Take care,

Joe

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
somehiker said:
Those who have made these claims,however,seem to have the strongest objection to any such testing.
Could it be,that their public opinion is different than their privately held beliefs?

Regards:SH

Morning Wayne,

I have held in the belief for a long time, that the people who speak out the loudest against the authenticity of the stone maps, are... in my opinion... the ones that believe in them the most. They just do not know how to read them. It's all a ploy to get someone to prove to them the stones are authentic, by showing exactly how to read them and where they lead to.

It is an old game that is used in Treasure Hunting forums in a lot of different ways, by people to lazy to get out and do their own leg work, but want to know everything that you have learned from yours.

It does not matter to me personally if the glue is ever tested or not. I made up my mind a long time ago that the stones were authentic based on what can still be found out in the mtns, and directly applied to them. I have no desire to convince the non-believers the are not fakes. My only goal is to let everyone know that I BELIEVE they are authentic, and have for more than a decade. The only way the nay-sayers will become believers, is for them to stand where I have stood, and see what I have seen. But I'll be damned if I an going to tell them where to stand and look. (Which as I said earlier... is all they really want).

Best,

Jim

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
cactusjumper said:
Wayne,

Once what Jim was wanting to test was exposed, he lost interest in continuing his game here. I know something you don't know.......

Take care,

Joe

Seems like you are always knowing "something" nobody else knows Joe. And it always comes from your very trusted and anonymous sources. :notworthy:

When these sources come out in the open and put their names on their claims, we can get down to some real discussions about facts vs fiction.

Which reminds me... Where is your written proof of whatever it was you were accusing me of, and threatening me with exposing the written proof?

Best,

Jim

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The more energy we invest in our ideas and the more we assume our unproven theories are true, the stronger we defend them - it's human nature. We don't accept the possibility we're wrong about something so dear to us because it threatens our well-worn comfort zones and implies that our prior efforts have somehow been wasted. Take it from someone who knows. Religion and politics are the obvious universal examples of dogmatic mind-closure, but the 'treasure hunting' realm offers anecdotal evidence in abundance. The LDM is, of course, a near religion to many and a large number of true believers have gone to their graves knowing they were correct about things that they were wrong about. As always, the proof is in the pudding.

Jim Hatt

Jan 3, 2010
Apache Junction, AZ
cactusjumper said:
What is going on with this site, and the many new identities, is exactly what brought down the LDM Forum.
Joe

I'd say you hit that nail squarely on the head Joe! :laughing9:

There is only one person in this forum that is always drawing the discussions OFF TOPIC with personal insults and attacks. (while a number of "anonymous" bystanders act as his cheering section).
The very same tactic was attempted in the DUSA forums, but the individual didn't get very far with it there did he?

Best,

Jim

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JIM ,

i dont care about web sites or all that other stuff .. do you want to go to the mine ...?

can we trust each other ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread