2011 DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Thank you Joe for keeping us posted.
Roy

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri

Joe I have to say on your blog there was/is good proof that something HUGE came out of the Silver Chief area. I know this is old news but new to me non the less...Maybe time/money/coordination and I can make the rendezvous. Thanks Don

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Kid,

To be clear.......I did not have anything to do with the pictures or the initial story that I originally posted on the LDM Forum. A friend of mine gave me all the information and pictures. In time, I did develop some supporting evidence on my own, but I have never been to the site of the pit mine.

Without my friends trust, in telling me the story, I never would have had any idea what took place there. I asked, and he gave me permission, to make the information public.

Joe Ribaudo

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

take my word for it .. you want to be there this year !

:coffee2:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

bb,

Take my word for it. I will be there, and there will be a coffee mug with your name on it. All you have to do is show up.

Take care,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joe ..is there going to be free beer & boozz there , sorry i dont drink anymore but it is sure a lot fun watching them fall all over them self and puke their brains out and stager around lost ,,,lol the only real problem i can see with that is telling them a part from the real treasure hunters ....LOL

:coffee2:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

People are free to bring what they want to drink and eat, although it's still considered a "family" event, so one would certainly hope it never turned into a drunk fest.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64 said:
People are free to bring what they want to drink and eat, although it's still considered a "family" event, so one would certainly hope it never turned into a drunk fest.

i fully agree ,and i know joe well enough to know he wont let that happen to a great event ..are you going this year CUB ?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yup - I'll be there again this year. I'm not even sure right now how many I've been at - 4 I think.

I have some places I want to explore either before or after the Rendezvous as well, but I'll be there for at least Friday and Saturday.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Since I fly out, I can provide my own cup - mostly I just rely on Joe and his wife for a chair to sit on while I'm there :). Of course he usually provides supper, breakfast and even a steak for me now and then.

It's always a good time, but as more and more people turn out it gets harder to sit in on all the individual great conversations that are going on.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You only live one life - getting the chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Tom Kollenborn, Clay Worst and other notables who's lives have revolved around the Superstition Mountains for longer than I've been alive is something worth making the time for.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Cubfan64 said:
Since I fly out, I can provide my own cup - mostly I just rely on Joe and his wife for a chair to sit on while I'm there :). Of course he usually provides supper, breakfast and even a steak for me now and then.

It's always a good time, but as more and more people turn out it gets harder to sit in on all the individual great conversations that are going on.

Paul,

You left out this years early dinner of spaghetti!! >:( >:( The company wasn't bad either.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Cubfan64 said:

Paul,

You left out this years early dinner of spaghetti!! >:( >:( The company wasn't bad either.

Take care,

Joe

Joe,

Spaghetti was covered under "he usually provides supper... for me" - although I should have said THEY :wink:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe,
I'm trying to pm you, but your inbox is full :-(

mntmike67

Jan 12, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70 PRO

2010 Rendezvous at the Don's Camp, Joe having a conversation with Darwin Thede and Bob Corbin seated in the center.
websm8711.jpg

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes ,it would be very interesting to set back and act like i didnt know anything about the LDM and watch these guys trip over their own feet ...or watch their egos in training .. damn shame if they we all to find out they were wrong ..lol maybe i will try to show up this year .but its to early for us easterns .. to hot not enough ..free steaks and coffie ....lol

joe you make sure that coffie is hot and maybe good things do come to those that wait .. :coffee2:

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blindbowman said:
yes ,it would be very interesting to set back and act like i didnt know anything about the LDM and watch these guys trip over their own feet ...or watch their egos in training .. damn shame if they we all to find out they were wrong ..lol maybe i will try to show up this year .but its to early for us easterns .. to hot not enough ..free steaks and coffie ....lol

joe you make sure that coffie is hot and maybe good things do come to those that wait .. :coffee2:

BB-

I, for one, would very much like to see you there. I've read your posts for so many years I feel as though I already know you. It would be great to be able to finally put a face to the name. You will enjoy the company I'm sure. You may have superior knowledge about the LDM but no one is pressuring you to divulge anything you wish to keep to yourself.

dustcap

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ken - sounds like you plan to be there too? I'm going to be in the area for about 9-10 days, so if you're up for a hike, let me know. It's been a few years since I promised I'd come along with you to see a few things - Connie isn't going to be coming this year, so my schedule is somewhat open at the moment.

See you in October I hope.

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread