The Peralta Stones

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Javaone said:
I haven't heard much about the supposed Fifth Stone - The "Indian Face".
Anyone have anymore info on that?

IMO it looks like a soldier's face wearing an open face helmet that has a nose bridge incorporated into it. This early type helmet was used by the Sumerians, Phoenicians, Assyrians and other early BC soldiers.

Ellie B

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Springfield said:
Looks like a rock that looks like a face. Want more? I can show you a thousand more. So what?

The picture of the rock face was just a cool picture I thought I would share. It really has nothing to do with my question...
Sorry for the confusion and the question, I guess. Sheesh

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Javaone said:
Springfield said:
Looks like a rock that looks like a face. Want more? I can show you a thousand more. So what?

The picture of the rock face was just a cool picture I thought I would share. It really has nothing to do with my question...
Sorry for the confusion and the question, I guess. Sheesh

Don't be offended - I'm guessing Springfield is as tired as most of us with seeing someone posting a photo of a rock formation and then proceeding to explain to us that if you turn it on it's side and look at it backwards in a mirror while standing on your head that it's CLEARLY a sign left by the Peralta's leading to their gold mines. :)

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
The concept of a small "head shaped stone" or "knight Profile" that lays flat on the ground, a short ways out beyond a concealed entrance, such a stone is choose based on a large standing and most likely natural "primary headstone" such as yours; the format or story of your marker types and placements chosen based on a certain art from far away; military or otherwise, from a certain time span, remembered in the explorer's past. You may be on to something only the watchers know at this point in time. Any color or abandoned digs in the surrounding 5 miles?

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EE THr said:
Javaone---

Who supposes that it is a fifth "Peralta" stone, and what is the story behind it?

It's mentioned in the Peck Letters that Tumlinson found a fifth stone. One that had the face of an Indian carved into it with two lines over the mouth.

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of it before the Peck Letters.

Mike

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
mrs.oroblanco said:
Mike,

I'm with you. Actually, the 1847 takes me further away from thinking they are related - the print is SO different than the rest.

Beth

Mike, Beth

I just can't get my arms around the "1847" being a date. It is carved so predominantly on the "map stone", and then again on the "Priest stone". I feel it must be something more meaningful than just a date. A date does nothing as far as solving the map and I feel most everything on the "Stones" are solely ment for that purpose. :help:

Jerry

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Try using nautical charts and the measures thereof. This entire area was under water at one time. The main watermark visible along the trail is also a base line; figure the tide is in and your in a boat when your shooting sight lines from island to island. Figure this mine is above said level and an imaginary marker or post to tie your imaginary boat off at; that is, the water is imaginary below that point.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
A date would be important for establishing a legal claim of ownership, especially in a time of war as 1847 was the Mexican-American war. So it makes perfect sense as a date.
Oroblanco

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Soooo.... What you're saying is that the beginning of the map is going to be on the same plane (747) as the end of the map? :laughing7:

What flight? :dontknow:

Jerry

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Whoooa now!..... Oro, I'm back on your side about the date. That s#!* that SH is talking about is waaaay to complicated.
Just keep the "bubbly" thingy to your self. :wink: ;D

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Sheesh can't a guy get bubbly now and then? Maybe even slip into a pair of spiked-heel shoes and evening gown? :o ::) :tongue3:

Jerry your mention of SH's theory being too complicated - that is what I fear may be happening with some of us; over-thinking something that could be simple and straightforward. It is just possible that the stone maps are just what they appear to be, maps, not something with a complex code at all.
Roy

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Twisted Fork said:
Mine that way from rock tablet......yep

Just how highly-intelligent, highly-educated do you suppose the makers of the Peralta stones were amigo? So vastly super-smart in the art of codes, that they have been able to defeat the many hundreds of people whom have tried to break that code? Do you suppose that is the sort of folks who were trekking around in the extremely dangerous wilderness with hostile Apaches hiding behind every rock? That scenario doesn't seem logical to me. Rather, it looks like the maker of the stone maps was not so highly educated, not even a good speller. A person with nothing to gain in high society but willing to risk life and limb to make a big strike in the most dangerous places. That is, if the stones are not frauds made in the 1900's.
Oroblanco

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Oroblanco said:
Twisted Fork said:
Mine that way from rock tablet......yep

Just how highly-intelligent, highly-educated do you suppose the makers of the Peralta stones were amigo? So vastly super-smart in the art of codes, that they have been able to defeat the many hundreds of people whom have tried to break that code? Do you suppose that is the sort of folks who were trekking around in the extremely dangerous wilderness with hostile Apaches hiding behind every rock? That scenario doesn't seem logical to me. Rather, it looks like the maker of the stone maps was not so highly educated, not even a good speller. A person with nothing to gain in high society but willing to risk life and limb to make a big strike in the most dangerous places. That is, if the stones are not frauds made in the 1900's.
Oroblanco

What I've been trying to get across is just that; they were created with a child's mind in mind if you will. Nothing complicated here, unless you build on the basic math. 2+2= 4+ and so on as one gets away out of sight with the root. Their not intended to be complicated, but there is a root connection between why the masons focus on the number 32. This is present in the tablets and adds all kinds of mystery to them if you go there. I would see it possible that 32 could also be 23. Simple. The first question is how many desert miles is the mine from where the tablets were found. Surely you would end up with a major landmark and of course your first question is going to be what degree on the compass dial. Maybe 1847 means the amount of metre per Nautical. Maybe the mine is 32 miles from one spot and 23 miles from yet another spot and maybe those miles are nautical or maybe only one of them is, until landing at the 1st landmark away from the tablet's burial site. Then you work with 2 and 3 and individually and just maybe you have to back track from there as well. Just maybe 2 minus really means 2 X 3. Once you arrive at the general location of the site, miles in measure are automatically eliminated from the formula; keep using the same numbers in some way still. 23 degrees, 123 degrees, 223 degrees; yes, graduation here. They are very simple indeed if you are a child at heart and not a brain surgeon trying to figure out what to do with 3 mud pies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread