IMG_8172.jpeg

Possible mine tailings

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had forgotten about this ordeal, Gary said they used a cart designed by Sebastian Copeland to haul out the buckets. If he can submit a photograph of himself, and one of his partners harnessed to the cart it may be worth it. I don't think Mr. Copeland would go with a team yoke, he would more than likely have them looking through some mini horse collars.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IMG_8173.jpeg

This is what a typical mine dump looks like, all from one hole
in my previous pic, there are a number of piles which appear to have been dumped from the top of the cliff being transported from the mine being at a different location.
just a thought.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A series of parallel ravines adjacent to a cliff face are typically caused by a geological process known as "gully erosion" or "rill erosion." This type of erosion occurs when runoff water accumulates and concentrates along the base of the cliff, gradually carving out multiple parallel channels or ravines.

There are several factors that contribute to the formation of these ravines:

1. Topography: If the cliff face is situated on a sloping landscape, water runoff from higher elevations will naturally flow downward, concentrating along the cliff base. This concentrated water flow is more erosive than a broad sheet of water runoff, leading to the formation of parallel ravines.
  2. Crevices and Joint Patterns: The presence of cracks, crevices, or joint patterns in the cliff face can influence the development of parallel ravines. These natural openings provide pathways for water to seep into and erode the underlying rocks, creating channels that subsequently extend parallel to each other.
  3. Differential Rock Resistance: The cliff face may consist of different types of rocks or layers with varying resistance to erosion. Some rocks may be more resistant, while others are more easily eroded. When water runoff encounters different rock types or layers, it can exploit the weaker ones, leading to the formation of parallel ravines.
  4. Seasonal or Intense Rainfall: In areas with seasonal or intense rainfall, the volume and velocity of runoff water increase, promoting the development of parallel ravines. This high-energy flow concentrates along the cliff face, carving out multiple channels over time.
  5. Vegetation Patterns: The presence or absence of vegetation can influence the erosion process. In areas with sparse vegetation or bare soils, water runoff is not absorbed or slowed down as effectively, leading to a higher erosive potential. This accelerates the formation of parallel ravines.
It is important to note that the specific combination of these factors may vary from site to site, and the formation of parallel ravines is a complex process that depends on various geological and environmental conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions