The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

BB, ya posted --> my uncle died the other day and its in the paper today .. so kind of off day for me .. lately there is a lot of them off days ...

Wait until you are 87, you will have had many of those days my friend, now about that coffee?

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

EE,

I will get some printed off and get one in the mail this week.

Roy,

I have not forgotten you either. I have had a lot on my plate lately.

Hope everyone is well and staying cool. :icon_sunny:

Take care,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
BB, ya posted --> my uncle died the other day and its in the paper today .. so kind of off day for me .. lately there is a lot of them off days ...

Wait until you are 87, you will have had many of those days my friend, now about that coffee?

Don Jose de La Mancha

i wont make 65 .. :coffee2: :coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman, sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle.

Joe - no worries, and certainly no hurries!
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok, ok, Bb, you are temp forgiven - since you sprung a cuppa. However, watch it in the future if you don't want to go back to paint chipping.

and also don't forget to say "SIR" when speaking to an Officer, even if he is a USAF airdale !

As for the 65 / 87 factor, forget it only the good go young, you will be at my 150 th birthday party with Oro and cactus jumper.\

Don Jose de La Mancha.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
ok, ok, Bb, you are temp forgiven - since you sprung a cuppa. However, watch it in the future if you don't want to go back to paint chipping.

and also don't forget to say "SIR" when speaking to an Officer, even if he is a USAF airdale !

As for the 65 / 87 factor, forget it only the good go young, you will be at my 150 th birthday party with Oro and cactus jumper.\

Don Jose de La Mancha.

then i should have been dead years ago ...lol i am so damn good it hurts ...lol

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Just for the record, I have never "charged" anyone for the many copies of LDM documents I have sent or given to Dutch Hunters. On the other hand, there have been people who have insisted that they pay costs for.........whatever.

There are a number of people here who can attest to what I have just stated. In many cases, I have included a nice three-ring binder and picture in the mailing.

What I am doing is just paying it forward for the many acts of kindness and free documents that I have received from countless Dutch Hunters. Recently Bob Corbin copied, from the Sharlot Hall Museum, and hand delivered the Mike Burns Manuscript to me.......for my birthday.

Others, like Tom Kollenborn, Thomas Glover, Dave Leach......and the list goes on, have been more than kind and very generous over the years. As you can see, I am very indebted.

Joe Ribaudo

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what record .. first we hear your writeing a book now your makeing a record ....wow dutch hunter heavy rock .. we knew you were a bad boy joe .... :headbang:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Roy & EE,

Your maps went out in the mail this morning. You may have them by the end of the week.

Take care,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i was joking about the 14.95 joe your worth more then that right ...lol a map from you must must be worth at lest 14 .96 maybe even 14.97 if you count the cost of paper.& ink

its really hard to put a price on a worthless map...LOL... :coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Blindbowman wrote
its really hard to put a price on a worthless map...LOL.

Worthless? Obviously you are not a collector of maps? ??? What price would you set on the Peralta stone maps? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

:coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote

Worthless? Obviously you are not a collector of maps? ??? What price would you set on the Peralta stone maps? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

worthless ...you ask ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote

Oroblanco

i dont have to be a map collecter at all ... sorry that dose not give one the skills needed to read and correct charts or maps ...

let me ask you question .. are the stones a charting or a mapping ?

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dont worry i will wait for your answer Oro...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Blindbowman said:
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote

Oroblanco

worthless ...you ask ...

Well that is a little puzzling, as you do collect books, but do not collect maps? I wouldn't turn away any maps - which is not the same as saying I would trust a treasure map to lead to treasures, but some maps are like works of art. Some might even say that about the Peralta stone maps, and now you say they are worthless? I think many would disagree with you on this point.

Blindbowman also wrote
i dont have to be a map collecter at all ... sorry that dose not give one the skills needed to read and correct charts or maps ...

let me ask you question .. are the stones a charting or a mapping ?

Who said you have to be a map collector? What does that have to do with reading and understanding maps or charts? I can appreciate a great old map that is full of inaccuracies and errors, and it could have quite a high value if it is old and-or rare. Sometimes those old, erroneous maps help give insight into the actions and reasoning of early explorers etc like Columbus thinking he could sail direct to India across the Atlantic. Hence my question when you made your statements about 'worthless'.

To answer your question, I would need to have your definition of what you mean by charts versus maps. Nautical charts are not the same as topographic maps, and the two terms are very often used interchangeably - so a map maker is called a cartographer. So please tell me how you define those two terms? Thank you in advance.

Oroblanco

While I was typing this, Blindbowman also wrote
dont worry i will wait for your answer Oro.

This is not a chat room, where each person writes and instantly responds, if that is what sort of discussion you are looking for. I am generally also doing other things besides watching the forums online, so may not answer right away. At the moment I have been searching through a court martial transcript, and check to see if there are new posts every so often. I presume that many other people do this as well. It took three tries to get this reply to post, for you had posted short new ones before I had a moment to get the answer to the first one posted.
:coffee2: :coffee2: <oops coffee running low, time for a refill>

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

first the question .. as ask of you ...

charting vs mapping .. is not the same as chart vs map .. it is ment as a action .. i can chart or do a charting . i can make a map . or map out something .. i can not map at sea . i can be charting at sea or on land ...thus my question is the person that made the stones useing navigation or is he a map maker ....?
a big diffrence between the two ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the captain is Portuguese . right handed. age 55-65 ,about 6ft-6.2 ft weighing about 140-150 lbs ..in the years of 1640-1643 when the Jesuits change the stones and added to them ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread