The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal that is a impressive piece of work. Just keep in mind the common sense man avoids air travel at all cost

View attachment 807745

Thanks sgtfda,
I look like that every time I walk out of the Superstitions, except my ears are not that big.

Don't you find that people tend to find the least difficult way to accomplish a task? At least the intelligent ones anyway?

Do you honestly believe that someone would take the effort to haul stones too a remote spot in the wilderness and carve them on site?
That is not how a sculptor works.
Almost all ideas meet paper before they are repeated in stone... which may be the true purpose of napkins, placements and the odd scrap of paper.
Unless one is working in the abstract, which had not yet been conceived in your/somehikers scenario, the artist worked from a plan.

Look at that image again. The inscriptions are not arranged all Willey-nillly. They are exact and specific and intentional.
When he selected the stones they were rough, but in his hands they became perfect.
As perfect as a man's work can be.

That is usually not so perfect.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
At this point and after seeing it all nothing surprises me. The world is full of strange folks doing strange things. You would think the stones were carved elsewhere. There is also the possibility the stones were tossed aside after bring used. It remains to be seen. A friend asked for help Sun locating a missing person in Globe. On the way there we passed the reported stone discovery site on 60. In my mind it still looks odd. So close to the road.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the way there we passed the reported stone discovery site on 60.

that wasn't the road back then...nor is the bridge mentioned as a location mark...the bridge in question...
from the old gas station/café...walk towards phx...round the "needle" rock formation just west of the old café...walk up til you find the old roadway...part of the road is still in use...so one can drive close to the point...

but you are correct...odd dang place for anyone to stop, even in 195whatever...no shade, no water, not really anything of interest...just old queen creek...
oh wait...it had water at one time...

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
At this point and after seeing it all nothing surprises me. The world is full of strange folks doing strange things. You would think the stones were carved elsewhere. There is also the possibility the stones were tossed aside after bring used. It remains to be seen. A friend asked for help Sun locating a missing person in Globe. On the way there we passed the reported stone discovery site on 60. In my mind it still looks odd. So close to the road.

sgtfda,
I am one step away from connecting Tumlinson to the man I believed made the stone map cipher. I don't have it yet, but I believe that it may exist and once found, the jig is up.
Once the name is known, other TN members might provide the missing link. That would be brilliant.

The discovery site is always going to be a question and we have reasoned that Travis and or his uncle were not always honest about how it happened. If it looks odd, chances are that it is odd, or suspicious anyway.
Here, the odds of someone like Travis stumbling over the stones seem too incredible to believe.
It is not difficult to imagine him buying the stones while stopping in the area. If, that is the area.

All we have is that someone made them, then left them, and eventually they were found somewhere by someone who may or may not have been Travis.

Last edited:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgtfda, somehiker

Our eyes lie to us every and everyday. I would argue more so in the Superstitions, but that is another topic. Someone with sgtfda's professional background would understand that fact and obviously set the bar higher than most for what one considers to be actual proof or evidence of an ability to read the stone map cipher. So, I am guessing that somehiker is sitting on some incredible find. I sincerely hope that is so, but as everything and anything to be found in the SWA is protected, why not share some visuals and an interpretation of that visual. If it is a "3", will you explain how it is used and if you can, please explain the positioning of your number "3". That is, why are they spaced and angled as they are on the stones? and in your solution?

Cropping an image helps if your concerned about disclosing somehiker's locations. Oh, and yes the location. Will either of you explain why that particular location in relation to the stones?

These are very specific questions that, in my mind, can make or break ones ideas about the stones.

It is obvious that I am skeptical, but I would drop my ideas in a heart beat for conclusive proof. About that, my idea of conclusive has not been shared here, by anyone. I am not even convinced that my own ideas lead to something of value other than that of a historical value.

If you want to know the meaning of the three ask me and ill email it.one person tricked me into showing the horse and ran with it never answering me,but that's ok..
Take care
Tom

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
a22.jpg
Alittle bigger, I suppose he made this two.

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Hal

Ask Joe he knows { I,m the undisputed CHAMP! ) ( BOOM BABY ) (THE NECTURE) (THE JIUCE) I,m so good its sicking!

BASKEN:hello2:

Wrmickel1:notworthy::icon_thumright:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to know the meaning of the three ask me and ill email it.one person tricked me into showing the horse and ran with it never answering me,but that's ok..
Take care
Tom

Hal,the stones are real I've seen all the locations but you won't believe me.I understand, my problem is that my life would be in jeprody for proof I will take you to the mountains and show you the markings.another way is we can meet and I will show you all the stone markings I have photos of all the stone markings .I can have you to write the book.
Take CareTom

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the way there we passed the reported stone discovery site on 60.

that wasn't the road back then...nor is the bridge mentioned as a location mark...the bridge in question...
from the old gas station/café...walk towards phx...round the "needle" rock formation just west of the old café...walk up til you find the old roadway...part of the road is still in use...so one can drive close to the point...

but you are correct...odd dang place for anyone to stop, even in 195whatever...no shade, no water, not really anything of interest...just old queen creek...
oh wait...it had water at one time...

When they were carried to this desolate place it was the farthest place north where few men had wandered.the stoneswere sent from the Santa Maria mission around 50 miles across the mexican border.most Jesuit locations of worship were tiny vistas.in other places I have proof that sermons were done out in the open air.
Good luck Tom

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
When they were carried to this desolate place it was the farthest place north where few men had wandered.the stoneswere sent from the Santa Maria mission around 50 miles across the mexican border.most Jesuit locations of worship were tiny vistas.in other places I have proof that sermons were done out in the open air.
Good luck Tom

Peralta,

I know the church you are referring to. What era are you talking about? Can you fill in your story, concerning the church, just a bit more?

Thanks,

Joe

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Tom if you decide to come to the rendezvous I can provide a nice tent, cot and sleeping bag for you. Plus any other camping equipment. I'll be using my tent trailer. Just let me know.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peralta,

I know the church you are referring to. What era are you talking about? Can you fill in your story, concerning the church, just a bit more?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,my map of the Santa Maria discribes the open area where masses were held.the priest would stand at the end of a cliff ,in the distance workers would stand outside of their mines to hear mass.just below the priest there is a shadow of Mary on a pedistal.
Take care tom

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hi Joe,my map of the Santa Maria discribes the open area where masses were held.the priest would stand at the end of a cliff ,in the distance workers would stand outside of their mines to hear mass.just below the priest there is a shadow of Mary on a pedistal.
Take care tom

Peralta,

What years are we talking about?

Joe

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom if you decide to come to the rendezvous I can provide a nice tent, cot and sleeping bag for you. Plus any other camping equipment. I'll be using my tent trailer. Just let me know.

I thankyou and will be happy to meet you.what is the date that it will be held?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread