The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well that's bold talk!

Since your speaking for someone else, So your saying everyone that comes to his business is view as a idiot. Thats not to neighborly of ya. Don't think he'll like that to much.
Now I'm not one to agree on deleting post but I must ask the moderators to delete any post to with Ron mentioned

gee Dave

Your friend Wrmickel1
go lay down and sleep it off mick

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mick, your car wash theory doesn't hold water, pun intended.

My memory of road side service stations is quite different than what you envision. I could be wrong.

What I remember of service station cleaning equipment for engine parts (and greasy hands) was a bucket of Varsol.

The air hose could be manipulated to direct pressurized air for air cleaning but that didn't involve forced water. Automated car washes didn't come into vogue until the late 1960s as I remember. That involved fixed nozzles and brushes with the car being towed by pulley or on tracks being advanced thur the process.

Please explain, if you will, the rocks black over-covering from being buried. Are you talking mold or exposure to leachates from minerals.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Old,

The Story said they were washed

Have you read the Travis Manuscript, I've have Not. Does Travis mention in the manuscript that he did. For all know maybe Moel did, I know the rock well and it's been power washed sometime since found or made. Who did it and why, don't know.

But if Travis did I believe they were found like he said,
otherwise why wash them, They were new if he made them.

wrmickel1

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he is talking about the effects of ultraviolet light on certain stone... UV light turns the surface of basalt black over time.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mick, I like your theory of the power washed stones.

However, which stones were power washed? The originals or copies?
Have the original stones been on public display since their time in public view by Travis back at the Texas gas station?
I thought it's been established that the museum stones are copies, no?

Are the Stone pictures taken on the car bumper of the originals or copies?
If of the originals, is that picture detailed enough to show evidence of a power wash?

Didn't the family say the heart insert was broken and repaired in Texas?

Every time someone looks at those darn stones, there seem to be more questions asked about them.
Many of those questions have already been answered by earlier 'investigators'.
But those earlier answers have been forgotten, so we continue to go in circles.
Which is fine is some ways, ...it's good for business.

I like the Stones for a lot of reasons. Their mystery, their legend, the notoriety it brings to Apache Junction, the tourist dollars is brings to Apache Junction! If we keep that mystery and legend alive, the Stones will always help bring in that tourist money!

I do believe the Stones are based on actual landmarks made by a person knowledgeable of the area, but I don't believe the Stones are a legitimate blueprint to finding any kind of Superstition treasure. Where is an ounce of proof that has happened?

But keep up the good work, it's always good for business!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur with markmar...I have been to the area...lol

As have dozens of other people with as much if not more conviction than you and yet most of them have been in completely different places - some not even in AZ.

See the problem??

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As have dozens of other people with as much if not more conviction than you and yet most of them have been in completely different places - some not even in AZ.

See the problem??

The crux of the stones is this...They lead to an ancient mining area...Where that mining area is located...Is another story in itself...I am currently not in the mood to divulge where the exact location is...

IF we lived in a world where money was not needed for everything that mankind needs...I would reveal the location...But seeing that we live in a perfect world fashioned by freemasons and other organizations...I feel as IF I need to continue to keep said location secret...

Who knows???The ore that I have is from what I claim to be the location depicted in the stones and it may be nothing more than an ancient Iron ore deposit...After all...One of the assays that I had performed on said ore stated that it contained 600 lbs. of iron to the ton...And back in the day...Iron was probably considered a strategic metal...lol...But I believe that my little ore is something much more...But who is to say for certain???It just may be nothing more than an iron ore...hehehe...Though I believe the location to be an ancient platinum deposit mentioned by Antonio de Ulloa...

I could really care less IF anyone believes any of the claims that I have made or will continue to make...Most of the signs that I have seen continue to point out and confirm my statements...And IF anyone would come forward and make me a reasonable offer...I just might take someone to the location in question and explain my point of view on my conclusions so that they might decide for themselves IF the area is/is not the area depicted in said stones...

But I am not allowed to solicit funds on this site...So I doubt that we may ever know IF my little area truly is the location depicted in the stones or any other treasure maps mentioned...And I will not be advertising anywhere else...IF I can't convince any treasure hunters...What are my chances of convincing anyone else???rofl

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The crux of the stones is this...They lead to an ancient mining area...Where that mining area is located...Is another story in itself...I am currently not in the mood to divulge where the exact location is...

IF we lived in a world where money was not needed for everything that mankind needs...I would reveal the location...But seeing that we live in a perfect world fashioned by freemasons and other organizations...I feel as IF I need to continue to keep said location secret...

Who knows???The ore that I have is from what I claim to be the location depicted in the stones and it may be nothing more than an ancient Iron ore deposit...After all...One of the assays that I had performed on said ore stated that it contained 600 lbs. of iron to the ton...And back in the day...Iron was probably considered a strategic metal...lol...But I believe that my little ore is something much more...But who is to say for certain???It just may be nothing more than an iron ore...hehehe...Though I believe the location to be an ancient platinum deposit mentioned by Antonio de Ulloa...

I could really care less IF anyone believes any of the claims that I have made or will continue to make...Most of the signs that I have seen continue to point out and confirm my statements...And IF anyone would come forward and make me a reasonable offer...I just might take someone to the location in question and explain my point of view on my conclusions so that they might decide for themselves IF the area is/is not the area depicted in said stones...

But I am not allowed to solicit funds on this site...So I doubt that we may ever know IF my little area truly is the location depicted in the stones or any other treasure maps mentioned...And I will not be advertising anywhere else...IF I can't convince any treasure hunters...What are my chances of convincing anyone else???rofl
you just did try to solicit funds

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you just did try to solicit funds

I beg to differ azdave...

I stated "and IF anyone would come forward and make me a reasonable offer...I just might take someone to the location in question and explain my point of view so that they might decide for themselves IF the area is/is not the area depicted in the said stones"...

I call that statement a load of BS...Because I doubt I'd ever take anyone to said location...

It seems that some of you on this site do not know me very well...I can go to said location anytime I like...lol...And I have only taken a few people to said location...Said people do not even have a clue as to the possible significance of the location either...

It is almost like Waltz teasing people with..."From my mine you can see the old military trail, but from the military trail you can't see my mine."...

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I beg to differ azdave...

I stated "and IF anyone would come forward and make me a reasonable offer...I just might take someone to the location in question and explain my point of view so that they might decide for themselves IF the area is/is not the area depicted in the said stones"...

I call that statement a load of BS...Because I doubt I'd ever take anyone to said location...

It seems that some of you on this site do not know me very well...I can go to said location anytime I like...lol...And I have only taken a few people to said location...Said people do not even have a clue as to the possible significance of the location either...

It is almost like Waltz teasing people with..."From my mine you can see the old military trail, but from the military trail you can't see my mine."...

the difference between waltz and you is that everyone believed waltz had a hidden mine

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the difference between waltz and you is that everyone believed waltz had a hidden mine

It does not matter to me IF anyone believes IF I have a mine or not azdave...lol...I know what I know...rofl...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it doesn't matter to you..then why did you come on here talking about it?

A lot of people come on here and talk about many things...

So what IF I came on here and started talking about it...

I also came on here and mentioned that I spread a lot of manure...

Oh well...So...I have been to a mine or mines or holes in the wall or whatever...A lot of people spread some serious manure...What one is led to believe is up to each and their own...

IF I claim to have been to the area depicted in the stones...It is simply a claim...IF I claim to have proof...That too in itself is a claim...Proving it is another story...And what does it really matter IF I get a chuckle out of having been there???lol...

Some people take some things way to seriously...hehehe...

I have nothing to prove to you ore anyone else azdave...

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stones are more than a map, ...they are a religion!

Lot of believers out there! ;)

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mick, I like your theory of the power washed stones.

However, which stones were power washed? The originals or copies?
Have the original stones been on public display since their time in public view by Travis back at the Texas gas station?
I thought it's been established that the museum stones are copies, no?

Are the Stone pictures taken on the car bumper of the originals or copies?
If of the originals, is that picture detailed enough to show evidence of a power wash?

Didn't the family say the heart insert was broken and repaired in Texas?

Every time someone looks at those darn stones, there seem to be more questions asked about them.
Many of those questions have already been answered by earlier 'investigators'.
But those earlier answers have been forgotten, so we continue to go in circles.
Which is fine is some ways, ...it's good for business.

I like the Stones for a lot of reasons. Their mystery, their legend, the notoriety it brings to Apache Junction, the tourist dollars is brings to Apache Junction! If we keep that mystery and legend alive, the Stones will always help bring in that tourist money!

I do believe the Stones are based on actual landmarks made by a person knowledgeable of the area, but I don't believe the Stones are a legitimate blueprint to finding any kind of Superstition treasure. Where is an ounce of proof that has happened?

But keep up the good work, it's always good for business!

Mr. P

There a mix of the original Stones and Copies, And the Museum I believe they know this.
As I told RG some of the Original Maps are here,looking at them as I'm writing this.
RG just chose not to believe me when I told Him.

Now gollum is right when he pointed out the difference between the trail map bumper pic and the museum pic with one exception the dagger is there just almost gone due to power washing. Ever who washed it and where I don't know for sure. But that soft rock washed away a lot of the detail of the dagger before they realized it. Just one drip of water over time will put a hole through that rock.

Where the Heart was broken I don't know never heard the story in Texas. Inlighten me on that. Sure would like to here the story. More to who said it if possible. Cause there is a huge split there to.

wrmickel1. Cause Travis only had one child a daughter and her name is Alice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread