The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya'll...I know where I am not wanted...lol

So IF it is possible...I would like to request that my account with Tnet be closed and all of my posts removed IF possible...

Ed T

No one said you were not wanted, I asked you to stop trying to intentionally antagonize members

If you want to quit then just do not log in, we do not delete members accounts, nor do a blanket delete of all post.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about going through all of my posts and deleting them...Or better yet...Simply changing all of the posts to a simple...Waaa...But I decided that I would not give ya'll the satisfaction...

I can't help it IF I have been to the area depicted in the psm's and ya'll haven't...I can't help it IF I have ore from said area...And ya'll don't...lol

Anyhow...I believe that I will take Treasure Hunter's advice and simply cut back on my posts...

I can go to a few other of my little holes in the wall anytime I choose...But at the moment I choose not to do so...

I will say one thing...I can go to the area depicted in the psm's on a single tank of gas...Though I will not state how large said tank of gas is...Nor if it is a standard tank of gas on a regular car or truck...Or a theoretical tank of gas on an imaginary vehicle...

I know ya'll really don't care where my little platinum hole in the wall is located...So, why do I even bother mentioning IT???I still haven't figured out the answer to that one myself...rofl

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there has to be more buried relics"s where the original stone maps were supposidly found.They could be as deep as 10ft+ due to the floods in that area. Also I wonder if any old construction road crews who put in the nearest roads to the finds found anything of interest ?.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heart Stone Front.jpg Heart Stone Back.jpg

On the left (L) above is the Front of the Peralta Stone Maps Heart.
On the right (R) is the Back of the Peralta Stone Maps Heart.

It doesn't take a very keen eye to see whoever carved the Front of the Heart did not carve the Back of the Heart unless they were very drunk at the time or tried to do it with their other hand.
The carving on the Front of the Heart is also consistent with all the carvings on the two Trail Maps. Only the carving of the Zero's on the Back of the Heart are not consistent with the rest of the Stone Maps.

In March of 1965 Bob Bair of Parkdale, Oregon related the account of how he and Travis Tumlinson (in 1961) were going to take a trip from Hood River Oregon to the Superstition Mountains in Arizona looking for mines and treasure as carved on the Peralta Stone Maps. That particular trip did not take place as Travis Tumlinson became ill and later died (October 1961).

Bob Bair was a close friend of Travis Tumlinson and also related that Travis told him he had carved the Zero's on the back of the Heart and broke the heart in the process.
Travis never told Bair he had carved the rest of the Peralta Stone Maps, in fact he related to Bair a similar story of finding the maps that is commonly known (finding them along Queen Creek in Arizona).

Bair also related that Travis told him he carved the Zero's to try and throw off anyone who might see or steal the Maps, but Bair believed Travis had carved the Zero's to try and generate more value or worth to the maps.

Now if Travis carved all of the Peralta Stone Maps as has been suggested, why didn't he carve the Zero's at the same time he carved the rest of the Maps ?
Why did he wait 11 years and why didn't he carve the Zero's in the same manner, form and hand as the rest of the carvings he was supposed to have done ?

Matthew

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont see the zeros,I see steps, looks like they were done in a hurry,and not to dissimillar from the front of the heart in the carveing lines.Just maybe Travis did not tell all he found.My jaded opinons only.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont see the zeros,I see steps, looks like they were done in a hurry,and not to dissimillar from the front of the heart in the carveing lines.Just maybe Travis did not tell all he found.My jaded opinons only.

motel6.5,

The "Zero's" are not up for interpretation. Travis Tumlinson called them Zero's and intended them to be Zero's. Bob Bair called them Zero's and he and Tumlinson were the two people who had the conversation.
According to treasure symbols, the "Zero symbol (as carved) represents a million or some such figure. I'm not sure of the exact figure.
As for the similarity of the front and back carvings, I don't see any similarity at all.

Best,

Matthew

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1503813 View attachment 1503814

It doesn't take a very keen eye to see whoever carved the Front of the Heart did not carve the Back of the Heart unless they were very drunk at the time or tried to do it with their other hand.
The carving on the Front of the Heart is also consistent with all the carvings on the two Trail Maps. Only the carving of the Zero's on the Back of the Heart are not consistent with the rest of the Stone Maps.

In March of 1965 Bob Bair of Parkdale, Oregon related the account of how he and Travis Tumlinson (in 1961) were going to take a trip from Hood River Oregon to the Superstition Mountains in Arizona looking for mines and treasure as carved on the Peralta Stone Maps. That particular trip did not take place as Travis Tumlinson became ill and later died (October 1961).

Bob Bair was a close friend of Travis Tumlinson and also related that Travis told him he had carved the Zero's on the back of the Heart and broke the heart in the process.
Travis never told Bair he had carved the rest of the Peralta Stone Maps, in fact he related to Bair a similar story of finding the maps that is commonly known (finding them along Queen Creek in Arizona).

Bair also related that Travis told him he carved the Zero's to try and throw off anyone who might see or steal the Maps, but Bair believed Travis had carved the Zero's to try and generate more value or worth to the maps.

Now if Travis carved all of the Peralta Stone Maps as has been suggested, why didn't he carve the Zero's at the same time he carved the rest of the Maps ?
Why did he wait 11 years and why didn't he carve the Zero's in the same manner, form and hand as the rest of the carvings he was supposed to have done ?

Matthew

Excellent points, Matthew!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matthew

awful looking zeros, look more like graves, caskets.....yes it's October

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul..bring them to the rendezvous...i'll hit them with the xrf

Dave - wife set garbage out today to be picked up tomorrow morning. I dug through the one bag I tossed them in when I got home from work and could only find one of the three small pieces that were sent. We're super busy at work so my coworkers wouldn't have had time to look at them until sometime after Thanksgiving anyways. Since the person who shipped them to me doesn't care what I do, I'll bring the one left to the Rendezvous so you can take a look at it.

If it's a platinum ore, my best guess based on a quick stereoscope look is that it could be platinum arsenide (sperrylite), but that's an enormous "if" since there's I have no elemental analysis indicating it might even have platinum in it.

See you in a couple weeks - don't know that I've ever met you before, so if you ask Greg Davis he can point me out to you.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave - wife set garbage out today to be picked up tomorrow morning. I dug through the one bag I tossed them in when I got home from work and could only find one of the three small pieces that were sent. We're super busy at work so my coworkers wouldn't have had time to look at them until sometime after Thanksgiving anyways. Since the person who shipped them to me doesn't care what I do, I'll bring the one left to the Rendezvous so you can take a look at it.

If it's a platinum ore, my best guess based on a quick stereoscope look is that it could be platinum arsenide (sperrylite), but that's an enormous "if" since there's I have no elemental analysis indicating it might even have platinum in it.

See you in a couple weeks - don't know that I've ever met you before, so if you ask Greg Davis he can point me out to you.

sound good

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a great camera, but here's a close up photo of the piece of ore I have left. The "vein" looks quite a bit like mica in this photo :dontknow:
ore sample 2.JPG

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matthew

Matthew and all,

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. However, I believe it necessary to fully explore what Matthew has related above. While Matthew hits the mark in several instances he has added meat to the story that doesn't exist in the evidence. If he has a different source to this story I'm ready to accept his "new" version. However; I strongly suspect the letter from Mel Brower attached below in its entirety is Matthew's source document.

Unfortunately Matthew's interpretation adds details for flavor not in evidence and most disturbing adds Brower's personal thoughts as those of Travis' friend, Bair. This addition gives a completely different spin to the story. This is a good example of how with just a turn of a word the story is changed over time. Be careful of your sources.

Also for those following the story at great detail, please note the lengths these "gentlemen" went to hounding the Tumlinson family. It gives me cold chills to see a little orphan girl hounded in this fashion. And they are gathering "ammunition" to contact the family.......Good grief. Any wonder "the family" chose to hide and separate themselves. I would. Wouldn't you?

Please refer to the attached document. Credits to Garry Cundiff and his excellent research.

Bob Bair never said Travis broke the stone while carving the zeros.......That's a new add from Matthew, not supported in fact.

Bob Bair never related where or how Travis found the stones and no where mentions Queen's Creek. Also a new add from Matthew.

The part about Bob Bair believing Travis carved the zero's to try to generate more value or worth is particularly disturbing. Bob Bair never said that. Mel Brower did; and included it in parenthesis to show that was HIS thoughts. Mel Brower never met Travis and had no idea what his motivations were.

Brower envelope.jpg Brower pg 1.jpg Brower pg 2.jpg Brower pg 3.jpg Brower pg 4.jpg Brower pg 5.jpg Brower pg 6.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awful looking zeros, look more like graves, caskets.....yes it's October

Like this....taken at the Queen Creek-US 60 location in October 2015.
One of two such holes about 3'x8'x5-6' deep I found and posted shots of back in April of 2010.

QC hole number 2.jpg

Several other old excavations out there as well.
Found that black heart near the drainage ditch, but left it where you see it in the photo.
Someone else probably has it in their collection by now....since I've posted this photo before.
There were no markings on it, but it was about the same size and shape as the others.
Maybe they ran out of time, or perhaps it was a "blank" meant for future use ??

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like this....taken at the Queen Creek-US 60 location in October 2015.
One of two such holes about 3'x8'x5-6' deep I found and posted shots of back in April of 2010.

View attachment 1503883

Several other old excavations out there as well.
Found that black heart near the drainage ditch, but left it where you see it in the photo.
Someone else probably has it in their collection by now....since I've posted this photo before.
There were no markings on it, but it was about the same size and shape as the others.
Maybe they ran out of time, or perhaps it was a "blank" meant for future use ??

Did you check the bottom? They may have gave up too soon. Might be a good spot to dig,if something is there. most of the hard work is done. If lived their, id be checking it tomorrow.

Silverchair

Oct 10, 2017
Fort Worth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old

Trust your day has gone well, Delightfully I hope. But in the end the further you get from the source the more research ends in deception. And I noticed you never answered the Question. What I'm asking is the first source has passed, But there is first hand interviews of Janie's statements that are totally enormously being with held by Tump and you.

So if your not gonna include them in your Quest. Does that not flaw your whole research, one would believe so.
I believe and most others I would imagine it's being with held cause it collides with your story. So I think you or Tump should Answer the question or quit posting about it. Your coming off as very uneducated people.

I'm just saying.

Silver Chair

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Don't get excited about the trenches. They were dug later with a backhoe. I was told the name of the person but it went in one ear and out the other.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver,

I appreciate your efforts to champion Janie's cause. Truly I do. I share that thought.

I have avoided broaching this subject because rehashing it serves no purpose now. Damage is done. But since you persist...........

You may not know that the conversation of which you speak involved someone from this very forum posing as a government agent (CIA operative?) who intimidated Janie to the point of tears, shattering her emotionally and somewhat physically. Something, I might add, that some here considered a good idea and wished that they had been the one to think of doing it. Says a lot, don't it.

I know what Janie said, why she said it, and what she meant by it. I agree with everything that "she" said. Not the spin that came from it.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew and all,

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. However, I believe it necessary to fully explore what Matthew has related above. While Matthew hits the mark in several instances he has added meat to the story that doesn't exist in the evidence. If he has a different source to this story I'm ready to accept his "new" version. However; I strongly suspect the letter from Mel Brower attached below in its entirety is Matthew's source document.

Unfortunately Matthew's interpretation adds details for flavor not in evidence and most disturbing adds Brower's personal thoughts as those of Travis' friend, Bair. This addition gives a completely different spin to the story. This is a good example of how with just a turn of a word the story is changed over time. Be careful of your sources.

Also for those following the story at great detail, please note the lengths these "gentlemen" went to hounding the Tumlinson family. It gives me cold chills to see a little orphan girl hounded in this fashion. And they are gathering "ammunition" to contact the family.......Good grief. Any wonder "the family" chose to hide and separate themselves. I would. Wouldn't you?

Please refer to the attached document. Credits to Garry Cundiff and his excellent research.

Bob Bair never said Travis broke the stone while carving the zeros.......That's a new add from Matthew, not supported in fact.

Bob Bair never related where or how Travis found the stones and no where mentions Queen's Creek. Also a new add from Matthew.

The part about Bob Bair believing Travis carved the zero's to try to generate more value or worth is particularly disturbing. Bob Bair never said that. Mel Brower did; and included it in parenthesis to show that was HIS thoughts. Mel Brower never met Travis and had no idea what his motivations were.

View attachment 1503863 View attachment 1503864 View attachment 1503865 View attachment 1503866 View attachment 1503867 View attachment 1503868 View attachment 1503869

Thanks for posting the letter Lynda.
I had noted the discrepancies in Matthew's version as well and was working on a reply of my own. Brower also interviewed Bob Schultz, who was the friend Travis invited along for the trip that was planned shortly before Travis became ill, as described in this document......

View attachment 1503892

Understandably though, it's very easy to get confused, with 3 Roberts......Uncle Bob (Robert Tumlinson), Bob Bair and Robert Schultz having been involved back then.

And since those "zeros" have been brought up once again, both Bob Schultz's and Robert Tumlinson's explanations for them should also be considered, as well as what Travis had told another friend about how he believed that the hole in the lower trail stone was worth a "million".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread