The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe your stone appears to be Minnesota Pipestone (Catlinite). It is very easy to carve and was used as trade goods by Native Americans.

sailaway,

I have always maintained that I don't know $#!t about rocks. That being said, I don't think the stone in my picture looks anything like Catlinite. That's just my unqualified opinion, so you folks are likely correct. It looks too porous to be Catlinite.:dontknow::icon_scratch: Believe my friend will know where his dad got the rock.

Good luck,

Joe

Silverchair

Oct 10, 2017
Fort Worth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sailaway,

I have always maintained that I don't know $#!t about rocks. That being said, I don't think the stone in my picture looks anything like Catlinite. That's just my unqualified opinion, so you folks are likely correct. It looks too porous to be Catlinite.:dontknow::icon_scratch: Believe my friend will know where his dad got the rock.

Good luck,

Joe

Must agree, It looks more like pink sand stone.
But that's just my opinion by the picture, It may be something else.

SC

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,

If anyone believes this stone:
came from Garman, or that it was created for any purpose other than what I have written here......they have no clue about it. If you can make me a fool on this, please don't hesitate to do so. No matter how things make me look, I am only interested in seeing the truth being told.

For many years now, some people on this site and others have had a great desire to make me look like a fool. It's a waste of time, IMHO, as I freely admit to looking foolish now and again. In this case, I believe I have the facts on my side. Anyone who wants to create a story out of that stone, good luck.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Howdy Joe,

I have always spoken the truth, my whole family does. I have never had a desire to make anyone look like a fool, if I did I would do it right away. Just hang in there a little longer. I know that sometimes the truth hurts, some delete whole treads because of it, but I know that you, and most devoted Dutch hunters will welcome it.

Homar

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DING......Close enough Homar, and ya win da prize

Them stones were Travis' blueprints for an eighteen hole-par 47 mini golf course.
They oughta build one next to the museum.

I was going to go with the Gold Canyon golf course with is 18 holes ("voy a 18 lugares"), but didn't want to be responsible for someone digging up the 18's hole. :dontknow:

Homar

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don't want to make Joe look like a fool just yet.:laughing7:

All in due time, I have a gag order on myself.

Homar,

This statement sounds like you are looking forward to removing your self imposed gag order, and making me look like a fool. In this particular case, I'm afraid the only person who will end up looking like a fool is you. My information comes from a well known source and a personal friend of 15-years. The reason I posted the picture was to give those who are familiar with Frank's picture from the museum a chance to tell me if it was the same stone. As I stated, I couldn't see any of the details of the stone in Frank's photo. Since no one came forward and stated they were not the same stones, I assumed they were the same artifact.

Your statement above seems like someone who doesn't look like they have their facts gathered together.......yet.:laughing7:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Howdy Joe,

I have always spoken the truth, my whole family does. I have never had a desire to make anyone look like a fool, if I did I would do it right away. Just hang in there a little longer. I know that sometimes the truth hurts, some delete whole treads because of it, but I know that you, and most devoted Dutch hunters will welcome it.

Homar

Homar,

So as not to make myself look like a fool;D, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I have not stated you were not telling the truth.....as you believe you know it. Not sure I even know your family, so your "family" comment seems a little over the top to me. Your "fool" statement is specific to me, and has no facts to back it up. These are the same kind of scurrilous attacks that have followed me for the last 15-years. Just throwing them against the wall to see what might stick.

Since my friend had the stone in his possession, and told me why his dad had carved it, I was bound to believe it. If you came to me with the same type of story, I would be inclined to believe you.

Good luck,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe,

Same Stone by my opinion, But if Frank got one and you. Perhaps your friend made many, aleast two, Now did your friend know Mr. G

SC

SC,

I looked around to see if I still had the stone, without success. I know he offered it to me, but it's likely I declined the gift. After all, it was something his dad created, so he might wish he kept it. I know Frank knows him, so I assume that's how he came to have it. I would be willing to bet Frank got the exact same story that I have told here. If so, Garman was never mentioned as having anything to do with it. Might as well call it the "Dad Stone".:laughing7:

Take care,

Joe

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,

So as not to make myself look like a fool;D, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I have not stated you were not telling the truth.....as you believe you know it. Not sure I even know your family, so your "family" comment seems a little over the top to me. Your "fool" statement is specific to me, and has no facts to back it up. These are the same kind of scurrilous attacks that have followed me for the last 15-years. Just throwing them against the wall to see what might stick.

Since my friend had the stone in his possession, and told me why his dad had carved it, I was bound to believe it. If you came to me with the same type of story, I would be inclined to believe you.

Good luck,

Joe

Relax Joe, it is not a scurrilous attack. Thought I made it clear when I said I have never had any desire to may a fool out of anyone, that includes you. I was just joking with you since you had posted what you knew before I had a chance to respond to Dave.

Not sure I know your sources and friends, so your sources and friends comment seem a little over the top to me also.

When the truth about the LDM, and the PSM's comes out, there will be no fools. Eveyone believes what he believes for one reason or another. All the wrong solves will be vindicated for their belief. They have kept the legend alive. Every Dutch hunter has contributed in one way or another. So again, there are no fools when one believes the wrong information.

Homar

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Relax Joe, it is not a scurrilous attack. Thought I made it clear when I said I have never had any desire to may a fool out of anyone, that includes you. I was just joking with you since you had posted what you knew before I had a chance to respond to Dave.

Not sure I know your sources and friends, so your sources and friends comment seem a little over the top to me also.

When the truth about the LDM, and the PSM's comes out, there will be no fools. Eveyone believes what he believes for one reason or another. All the wrong solves will be vindicated for their belief. They have kept the legend alive. Every Dutch hunter has contributed in one way or another. So again, there are no fools when one believes the wrong information.

Homar

Homar,

Sorry I took it the wrong way. As for my story, you might want to ask Frank, as I'm sure he would tell you if I was right or wrong. In this case, my source and friend are the same person.

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you , the PSM symbols decrypters , what is the meaning for this symbol ?
Is near the wanted mine/cave and the X marks the spot .

symbol.jpg

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,

Sorry I took it the wrong way. As for my story, you might want to ask Frank, as I'm sure he would tell you if I was right or wrong. In this case, my source and friend are the same person.

Take care,

Joe

Hey, Joe and Homar, i'm glad to see the two of you are back to getting along. I like to read what each of you have to say, and I am sure that each of you have valuable information. Share what and when you can. I am only an observer in this whole LDM thing, but it is interesting.

JB

Silverchair

Oct 10, 2017
Fort Worth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you , the PSM symbols decrypters , what is the meaning for this symbol ?
Is near the wanted mine/cave and the X marks the spot .

View attachment 1506756

Markmar

If it's not carved in sight and well defined, it's not there in my book. I don't waste time on things like that. You give me a good boots on the ground shot of a symbol I'll surely give you my take on it.

SC

I do believe your on the wrong track. But good luck I wish you the best!

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you mind elaborating on what exactly about either the horse or "depiction of the priest" makes the Stone Maps indisputably Jesuit in origin?

Also not sure I understand the relationship between "astrological references" and the Jesuits.

Still waiting... :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread