The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coffee anyone
Today I listened to a old interview with mark clayton. He was explaining his interpretation of the stones. He said there is a master map,but what i found interesting was how some of his findings sound alot like wsltz direction.
I was wondering if you guys would share your thought about marks explanation. Also have any of you seen the carving of the king on the throne. To be clear. Im not hunting the dutchman,but i think what im looking to find is in the same general area of the dutchman and henry lafrance gave of gold bars.

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a link?

No. I found it on you tube. Mark clayton finds the lost dutchman mine
Its a audio interview promoting marks book. The conclusion of the original peralta maps.
There are a couple of correlation between his direction and things whaltz was reported as saying.
One being that you have to enter the mountain from the right direction. Two being a mention of a waterfall.
Then there is a carving of the king of spain, it also represent jesus. A dying hicker said that he fell and saw a large statue of jesus. I thought maybe he was talking about the same carving. Dont know for sure.
Its interesting for sure.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
until IATH,)

Showing your stripes again! HAHAHA

You say HOAX based on what? I spoke directly to Travis Tumlinson's Daughter who stated in no uncertain terms that her father in no way hoaxed the stone maps. Travis (for the most part) kept the existence of the Stone Maps a secret for the entire time he possessed them (1949-1961). Travis never tried to sell them, and ventured into the Supers many times trying to work them out. We have first hand witness statements from a close friend of Travis Tumlinson that used to sit with him many evenings every week, where they would try and figure out the maps, and he stated that Travis would put his finger in the big hole in the lower trail map and say "If I could only figure out where that is, I'd be a millionaire!"

Not exactly the actions of someone that carved the Stone Maps as a hoax, HUH?

Mike

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum

" .... Travis would put his finger in the big hole in the lower trail map and say "If I could only figure out where that is, I'd be a millionaire!"

The place ( IMO )

yy.jpg map2.jpg

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
until IATH,)

Showing your stripes again! HAHAHA

You say HOAX based on what? I spoke directly to Travis Tumlinson's Daughter who stated in no uncertain terms that her father in no way hoaxed the stone maps. Travis (for the most part) kept the existence of the Stone Maps a secret for the entire time he possessed them (1949-1961). Travis never tried to sell them, and ventured into the Supers many times trying to work them out. We have first hand witness statements from a close friend of Travis Tumlinson that used to sit with him many evenings every week, where they would try and figure out the maps, and he stated that Travis would put his finger in the big hole in the lower trail map and say "If I could only figure out where that is, I'd be a millionaire!"

Not exactly the actions of someone that carved the Stone Maps as a hoax, HUH?

Mike

Mike,

My guess is that the hole is where LeFrance's cave of gold bars was. It's marked on the Topographic map that has the Stone Map trail on it.

Believe it may only be a cave now. :dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any knowledge you have that might suggest the LaFrance cave is empty now?

Based on the location of the hole, it looks like it would be right near the base of Weaver's Needle............... or maybe one other place.

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Is there any knowledge you have that might suggest the LaFrance cave is empty now?

Based on the location of the hole, it looks like it would be right near the base of Weaver's Needle............... or maybe one other place.

Mike

Mike,

No first-hand knowledge, but I was told a story which did not seem to be part of the LaFrance story.....at first. The guy was a straight shooter, and had no personal interest in the story, other than that it happened to a good friend's father.

I am convinced that the bars were removed from the cave, moved outside of First Water Trailhead and in a betrayal, stolen by two partners. It's a story I believe. Along with $5, that might get me an average cup of coffee.:coffee2:

Take care,

Joe

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike
That, my friend, is commonly known as a 'leading question'!:laughing7:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank,

Does the Stone Map Trail go by to the south of the "needle"? Is the three to the west of it? I could go on, but I know I'm wasting my brain cells, and they are getting scarce.:laughing7:

Take care and good luck,

Joe

Joe

From my experience in map decrypting , the number three is a contour of two hills , two big rocks or two mountains , depend of the map scale . And IMO the hole is north from the ( trail --> E ) .

IMO , the teepee in the stone trail is not the Weavers Needle but the triangle shape on the mountainside .

teepee.jpg

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Marius,

The entire Stone Map Trail can be laid out on a Topographic map, once you have the starting point. Because it was done from the high points in the mountains, it's not all visible from one spot. All of the trails, peaks and canyons will be found in the proper spatial relation and often in the exact formation.

The triangle slash is Weaver's Needle.:o

Good luck,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

The entire Stone Map Trail can be laid out on a Topographic map, once you have the starting point. Because it was done from the high points in the mountains, it's not all visible from one spot. All of the trails, peaks and canyons will be found in the proper spatial relation and often in the exact formation.

The triangle slash is Weaver's Needle.:o

Good luck,

Joe

WOW ! You forgot the " IMO " .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread