New twist on the LDM.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Blackfoot,

Are the mountains staying the same? Do you believe they might be getting smaller.

Liquefaction happens in varying degrees. Sometimes the entire side of a huge mountain can slide down to the desert floor, like what happened to Crossman Peak. At other times, only a boulder breaks loose, like what happened to Al Morrow. Both things were the results of rain.

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLUS a wet ground makes for poor, slippery footing. On a steep slope, = quick ride to the bottom, possibly over a cliff.

Precisely why I cannot work Tayopa in the rainy season. The old Spanish and pore indians were expendable I AM NOT!

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=djui5 link=]The old Spanish and pore indians were expendable I AM NOT!

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical tramp
^^^^^^^^^^^
Randy
U sure about that?
Purely personal opinon of course, but "YES", positive.

How would you find Tayopa if anything happens to me?

don Jose de La Mancha

;)
[/quote]

T

treasurejack

I'm a long way from being any kind of an experienced authority on The Lost Dutchman's Mine, but I have read a lot of material about it. One thing that never seems to add up, regardless of the materials read, are the evaluated equations of time VS distance traveled to and back again. Unless he was also the Flying Dutchman I don't see how he could have made those trips to and from in the offered time frames as just about every piece of written material claims he did. Now let's put it 6 to 10 feet under rock and stone, a good day's worth of clearing and another good day to cover it back up again? Just seems to me that the source of his gold couldn't have been that far away. But I've not been there and actually made the trip.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Just to add another little twist to the Cayce/LDM story:

In 1955, Cayce's son staked a claim near Weaver's Needle. With all that "inside" information from "Pop", he must have made a fortune. Wonder how the fellow he did the "reading" for did?

Joe

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i stayed out of this topic for a good reason . i am strong Psychic . most shamen are ,but in my case its more Psychic Plus...medium / telepathic /teleconic .... a touchnull ... also called a see'er in the bible ....often Psychic's get lemited vissions ....

i wanted to start a libary ,i had 3700 rare books . about 1700 on just life after death , and the beyond as well as spiritiual... i lost the collection in a house fire . it was funny in way the book well never leave the house ... a day dont go by that i dont think about what happend ....i had books that made collectors smile 10 ways ... over 400 signed copies ....

thats why i did reply to the topic ...

the gift runs in the families genetics ...most often ...

i cant tell you what i feel when i am at the sites ,.... i sense the past and those who were there and see vissions of the past as if it was happening all over again ....

and god forbid i touch anything ...for i fall into its deminsion .....thus is the way of the touchnull ....

i just dont see it ,i become the object in a manner of speaking ...i sense everything it is and everything around it . its hard to explan ....

i link with its sense ...

i have been a recluse so long and the sighting is the only thing keeping me from vanishing again ...

i tryed to tell you all but you dont under stand me . it cant hide from me ....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Funny that CJ mentioned about Cayce's son filing a claim, one of those things that is puzzling. You know, under the mining law, there is a legal requirement that you make an actual "discovery" of a valuable mineral upon the land you are filing a claim on, and (in most states) a requirement that the exact site (or as close as physically possible) of the discovery be marked by a permanent monument, of a specific legal size - usually four inches square or diameter, of a certain height etc. This part of the mining law is not enforced all that strictly, or a great number of mining claims would be invalidated over the country in short order (a great many are filed on sheer speculation, often by large mining companies who do mark the corners well enough but as for an actual discovery..... ::)) which brings me to my point;

Are we to assume that Cayce's son made such a discovery, of what is legally termed a "valuable mineral" or are we to assume that he did NOT make such a discovery, but went through the motions of filing a mining claim on sheer speculation? For that matter, there are quite a number of mining claims that were filed in the Superstitions, in particular on Blacktop, now were all of these mining claims really filed after the owner had made a discovery of a valuable mineral? Why are there pretty much NO discovery monuments to be found there, did the persons filing the claims not bother with such minor (if legally required) efforts, or...did they not actually make any kind of discovery, just filed their claims on pure speculation? ??? :o

Just more questions, which always seems to be the case with everything in the Superstitions.....

Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oro: while you are correct, strictly speaking, about the requirements for filing a valid mining claim (varies widely by state), these requirements have never been 'inforced' (by whom?) in the last 100+ years (at least in NM, AZ or CO, where I've filed lots of them for other people and myself). As long as the claim's location has been described within the proper quarter section, the corners more or less properly erected with a copy of the location papers attached at one of the corners at the time of staking (varies by state) and the filing fees paid at the county courthouse and with the BLM, the claim is considered legal. No proof of mineral discovery is required. The claim remains valid as long as the yearly assessment requirements are met (now a yearly fee paid to hold the claim).

You are correct that a huge majority of claims filed within the past several generations have been speculative - most by the mega-corporations but also many by the small-time miners (now nearly extinct). While this is done to tie up all possible ground surrounding anticipated mineral deposits, these deposits remain speculative until they are mined, if ever (most never were). The only time legal issues arise concerning unpatented mining claims is when the operator decides to begin mining and he has to file operating plans, environmental impact statements, post bonds, and a number of other red tape items.

Cayce's son or anyone else had a legal right to file a mining claim or a group of claims as long as he was an American citizen, filed on ground open to mineral entry and not currently held by someone else and met the state's requirements mentioned above. This used to happen all the time, but is becoming a rare occurance nowadays.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gentlemen,

All excellent points and spot on. Uncle Obie and Uncle Chuck both filed claims with no mineral showing. It was the rule, rather than the exception in the Superstitions until they were closed to mineral exploration.

Glenn Magill claimed they had found ore, but like most such claims, they were probably based on ore brought to the site, rather than ore taken from it. Prospectors are a devious lot. ::)

Your posts are why these types of forums were created.

Joe

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i agree and thats a good piont , we know the dutchman had gold . yet where did it come from ...

i would be much like the rest of you and wonder if the hole legend was wise tail but one fact remains clear to me . my own sighting has lead me to the tunnle area and known fact subport my sites ...

i wonder how anyone could miss it ?
than i ask my self maybe there is reason why ...maybe it was just being in the right place at the right time and not giveing up !

i am not going to act like i know everything about the history of these MT's or the people that once lived there ...

i sense what i sense . i know its there , its a over powering feeling at times sad and sometimes over welming ....

the confussion of the spirits there tell the story ,,,maybe the apache were right , it is a evil place , where the ghost of many dream sleep untill awaken ....i dont know if you will under stand what i am saying ....

when i think to my self Monetzuma . i see a dark place in the back of sealed cave out of that darkness the face of bones look outward at me . he is there .... this i am sure of ....when i sense whats around these bone i start seeing faces of his people hunderds of faces ,lost souls ,,, they are not the only ones in the cave spainish and jesuits and others ...

in one place i sense the anceint ones ,chiff of many life times ...

but under stand there there are both ghost and spirits in those MT ....

a ghost is what has happend in the past at one piont in time .
a spirit is a liveing being not of this reality ...

some may go there and see nothing , others may go there and fear what they feel and dont see why others fear nothing and see far more than others ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Blindbowman wrote:

the confussion of the spirits there tell the story ,,,maybe the apache were right , it is a evil place ,

Well the Pimas were fairly convinced the place was both spooky and dangerous, hence the name "Superstitions". If you happen to be far off the beaten track there, alone, and manage to break your ankle - it still can be "an evil place".

I never did agree with people filing mining claims with no mineral discovery made, and have never done so personally - it is a waste of time and money to do so, based on sheer speculation. With the new requirements to retain an un-patented claim, it is very much folly to file a bunch of mining claims without having found something of value that would support the investment.

Oroblanco

TEXMAN

Apr 11, 2007
Arlington,Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di
I've seen this a few times on here ..> IMHO <.....what does it mean? Is anything like LMAO ? laughing my a$$ off ?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
"Listen to me Reiney, that mine is hard to find even when you know where it is!" --Jacob Waltz

"The mine is in the most god-awful place you ever saw." --Joe Deering

I would fully expect the mine to be in some of the roughest ground to be found in the Superstitions, not in a spot easy to reach in any way. IMHO, IMO and LMAO... ;D :D ;)

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread