New twist on the LDM.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
The following was taken directly from the files of Edgar Cayce that I was priviledged to have read.

This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 1st day of February, 1944, in accordance with request made by the self - Mr. [ 3638 ], new Associate Member of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc., recommended by Coronet.
Present: Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. [ 3638 ] and Harmon Bro.
Time: 4:30 to 4:45 P. M. Eastern War Time. TEXT

GC: (Gertrude Cayce) You will have before you [ 3638 ] present in this room, and his enquiring mind, together with the << gold mine>> discovered by Pedro Peralta and later worked by Jacob Walz know as "The << Dutchman>> ," in Pinal County, in the central portion of the State of Arizona. There you will find a high peak known as "La Sombrera" or "Weavers Needle". In Needle Canyon, a canyon running north from the base of the peak, you will find a large Saquaro cactus, marked, or that has been marked by four stones stuck into the trunk. From this marker, you will tell us exactly how far and in which direction to go to find the << gold mine>> now known as "The << Dutchman>> ," describing in detail all landmarks from this marker leading directly to the << mine>> . You will then answer the questions, as I ask them:

EC: (Edgar Cayce)Yes, we have the enquiring mind, [ 3638 ], present in this room; and those conditions that exist as legends and those as realities pertaining to the << lost mine>> or << Dutchman Mine>> .
In undertaking directions for locations of this from the present conditions, many things should be taken into consideration - as to whether descriptions would apply to those periods when this was put in the way of being hidden and/or those that would apply to the present day surroundings.
For time in its essence - while it is one, in space there has been made a great variation by the activities of the elements and the characters that have been in these areas.
For these are held as sacred grounds by groups who have, from period to period, changed the very face of the earth or the surroundings, for the very purpose of being misleading to those who might attempt to discover or to desecrate (to certain groups) those lands.
As we find, if we would locate this - from the present outlook:
We would go from the cactus marked here, in Canyon, some 5, 10, 20, 30, 37 1/2 yards to the north by west - north by west - to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top.
Turn from here - for you can't get over some of the ground going directly to the east - turn almost directly to the east, and just where there is crossing of the deep gulch, we will find the entrance to the Dutch << Mine>> . This has been covered over, though to begin at the lower portion of the gulch we would find only about six feet before we would reach pay dirt in << gold>> .
Ready for questions.
(Q) How rich is this vein?
(A) It's rich enough to work. About, at the present rate, five to six thousand dollars a ton.
(Q) Describe the type of ore.
(A) Impregnations with loose << gold>> .
(Q) Is it covered over? If so, by what?
(A) Rock, very much like the surrounding country.
(Q) How deep is it from the surface?
(A) If from the surface, about eight to ten feet. If you want to get to it, commence at the lower edge of the Canyon and work under it - towards the east, see?
(Q) Give instructions for placing monuments and filing claim? (A) That must be done from the material angle. Just so there's taken in enough to include all this area for about a thousand yards each way.
(Q) Give any further information about other << mines>> in this group which may be helpful.
(A) We would give plenty of them here - the silver << mine>> in the << Lost>> Sheep, which is over the hill on the other side towards the border, you see, that's the most valuable << mine>> in Arizona.

I found this most interesting.
Bill

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Interesting indeed. Considering Cayce's documented track record of success in a great number of his thousands of readings, this information may be useful. Remember though, the motives of the questioner had a direct effect on the usefulness of the answers given. As you know, a majority of Cayce's clients were seeking medical help for themselves or loved ones - basicly an unselfish motive, at least as far as monetary gains are concerned. Those who wanted stock advice, race horse picks, etc. (selfish motives) didn't fare so well. For that reason, I wouldn't bet the farm on this, but ... who knows?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gentlemen,

You might want to consider this: The first part of this BS came from Barry Storm's "Trail of the Lost Dutchman". That would include right up to the Cactus Marker.

Following Cayce's directions precisely, you end up about 849' from the exact center of Needle Canyon, before making your turn to the east. Following that line all the way to the center of the canyon, you wil be on a very gently downward sloaping hillside......almost level. It makes no difference if you are using the mangetic declination for 1944 or 1848.

Until one of you actually goes to the location of the Cactus Marker, unlike Casey and Bowman, you will not realize how bogus the whole thing is.

Good luck and good hunting,

Joe Ribaudo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe,

Actually, this didn't start with Barry Storm. It is from an actual reading by Edgar Casey.

I joined the ARE (Assoc. for Research and Enlightenment) a couple of years ago, so I could have access to Casey's readings (It's only $39 a year). One of my first searches was for the Lost Dutchman Mine, and I found this. That's why (Joe) on the original Lost Dutchman Forums, I asked about the Lost Sheep Mine.

Best,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike,

Are you saying that this "reading" was prior to Barry Storm's book, which was the first publication to speak of the cactus marker?

Joe

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
I've not been there, but the best clue I've read is the creek with the quartz in it. I would start by following the float and see where it lead. I think this is the same general area as the Indian face and cave in the canyon. One dutch hunter described it as a very eerie place.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

Casey is describing the exact location of the Cactus Marker.....Needle Canyon, Only without the rough terrain around it. No one is debating your vision of a white rock in some other location. Perhaps his white rock is different than yours. I assume you have mentioned your rock before. Why not post the pictures of the rock and the pictographs? Crop out anything that would give away the location.

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

Unless it has been removed, there is a marker at the location. I should think that Matthew or Greg could show you the location. Not sure if Wayne has been there, but I would ask him. It was under a flat rock. :)

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

There was a time when Barry Storm's work was well respected. He was in the Superstitions in 1937, well before people started destroying clues. I would not believe everything he wrote, but I would not discount it either. Man would be a fool to refuse to read it because of what someone told him about the man.

Gathering information is what it's all about. No need to swear it's all gospel, but how do you make the deceision if you never see it? Once you read his spill, you see if it matches up to what you find on the ground, or other stories that might bolster it.

Tell your stories and show your pictures. Until that happens, it will all remain a tall tale by someone who may or may not have ever even been in the Superstitions. Right now, your running a distant last place to Barry Storm. ;)

One other thing: If anyone want's to exchange private e-mails or messages with me, I will need your real name, phone number and address. I will provide the same thing in return. I seldom make an exception anymore, as I don't like having private conversations with anonymous strangers. Lotta kooks out there....W.W., L.W./Jan,.......etc. The list is long. ::)

I don't reveal that information to anyone, even my closest friends. Other's on this Forum can attest to that fact.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

The location is public knowledge, just that it's a little hard to find. :) If one of these ....... can find it, I would be very surprised. :o I doubt Edgar Casey could find it with the directions I gave. :D

Mike,

If Casey "saw" all of that, he read it from Storm's book first. Seems kinda obvious....

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Randy,

The location is public knowledge, just that it's a little hard to find. :) If one of these ....... can find it, I would be very surprised. :o I doubt Edgar Casey could find it with the directions I gave. :D

Mike,

If Casey "saw" all of that, he read it from Storm's book first. Seems kinda obvious....

Joe

I don't see how that's possible. "Thunder God's Gold" came out in 1945, and the Casey LDM Reading was from 1944. Edgar Casey died in 1944 (before Storm's book came out). Maybe you can explain how Casey read Storm's book a year before it's publication? Also, Casey didn't do much reading the last year of his life.

Best,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike,

You amateur.... ;)

Casey gave that reading in 1944. "Trail of the Lost Dutchman" came out in 1939. Page 75 would be where he got his information. I have two first editions. One was my Uncle's and the other is signed by Barry Storm. Every good Dutch Hunter has at least one copy. ;D

The signed copy is to Edgar Casey........Just kidding. :)

Soooo...Casey is one of your sources? Personally, I lean towards Nostradamus for stuff like that. :D

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Okay, let me be the 'devil's advocate' here for a moment - Edgar Cayce died in 1945, and did the Dutchman reading in 1944, while Storm published his book in 1939. How can we be CERTAIN that Cayce read it or otherwise obtained this tidbit (the cactus marker) from Storm? Did someone find a copy among his personal library after his death?

As for Cayce's not being too 'accurate' with predictions other than for health reasons, remember his prediction about a bit of Atlantis coming to light near Bimini and the year, which coincidentally was the same year that the Bimini "road" or "wall" WAS discovered. Recent revelations about "remote viewing" experiments done by our own military have fairly well proven that somehow, this strange ability or phenomenon does, gain information from remote sources without the viewer being present. So if Edgar Cayce gives a set of directions to find a lost mine, famous or not, it cannot hurt to check it out in the field.

For that matter, can we be CERTAIN that there was ONLY ONE cactus marker?

Just wondering.... ??? In most lost mine or lost treasure records, the directions and location are in error, which is why they remain lost - but sometimes the error is singular and sometimes small!

Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Oro,

Good questions.

First off.....Cacey was a fraud, just like the rest of the false prophets are. Just my opinion, so I could be wrong but that opinion is based on his record.

Cacey was a prolific reader and in fact, worked in a bookstore.

He described Storm's Cactus Marker, and where it was located. Furthermore, he gave the directions as if you could find the marker and proceed to the LDM from that point. That means it was in Needle Canyon......and visable, not hidden. If it were hidden in some way, he would have told us how to find it.

If you have not read page 75, you would not see that it's fairly obvious that's where his story comes from. Problem was.....Because Cacey had not been there himself, his description of the terrain around the marker is incorrect. You would need to have been there to see the discrepancy.

A true prophet must be right every time. Otherwise, he is a false prophet making guesses.

His LDM directions are useless and easy to dismiss. Of course....you need to have been there. Having been there I can assure you he was guessing wrong.

Cayce's "personal library" went far beyond the books he had in his home.

Nice story anyway. ;)

Joe

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
cactusjumper said:
Oro,

Good questions.

First off.....Cacey was a fraud, just like the rest of the false prophets are. Just my opinion, so I could be wrong but that opinion is based on his record. ...

A true prophet must be right every time. Otherwise, he is a false prophet making guesses. ...

Joe

Slow down, Joe. Cayce most definitely was no fraud. An examination of his life clearly reveals that he was a psychic with an astounding ability to diagnose and offer treatment procedures for literally thousands of persons with health problems. As stated above in this thread, people asking him for advice on how to enrich themselves materially were not often given what they wanted. The record is clear on this point. By the way, there have been no prophets who were correct every time. As Oro mentioned, one should probably not ignore what Cayce had to say about the LDM, but it doesn't seem to be something to get all worked up about either. Same goes for all the LDM experts, IMHO, as I believe the truth of the LDM is most likely completely off the radar from the accepted dogma.

K

Keifer

cactusjumper said:
Oro,
He described Storm's Cactus Marker, and where it was located. Furthermore, he gave the directions as if you could find the marker and proceed to the LDM from that point. That means it was in Needle Canyon......and visable, not hidden. If it were hidden in some way, he would have told us how to find it.

Joe

Joe, Cayce did say the mine was hidden in his statement, and in the Q&A's that follow. And he did tell how to find it.

Look again where he says...

"This has been covered over, though to begin at the lower portion of the gulch we would find only about six feet before we would reach pay dirt in << gold>> .
Ready for questions.
(Q) Is it covered over? If so, by what?
(A) Rock, very much like the surrounding country.
(Q) How deep is it from the surface?
(A) If from the surface, about eight to ten feet. If you want to get to it, commence at the lower edge of the Canyon and work under it - towards the east, see?

Since there are many Marked Cactus in the Sups, I don't know why everyone assumes that the marked cactus Cayce speaks of is the same one that was in Storm's book.

It appears to me that there is something missing at the beginning of Cayce's reading. Possibly on purpose to make everyone assume that Storm's marked cactus is the one being spoke of?

Having studdied many of Cacey's readings, I would conclude that the beginning of the reading that was not included above went something like this....

"Begin at the junction of ......... & .......... canyons. Go ......... for a distance of ....... where you will find a cactus marked with ........" Then he gave the directions from the marked cactus.

I think Mike just confused the publication date of Trail of the Dutchman with the date of Thunder God's Gold. He may not have even know that Storm had a book out before TGG. An understandable and forgivable mistake since TGG is so much more well known.

Nothing to get your panties in a wedgie over.

Keifer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread