not all dutchhunters fail

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i made a choice to sekk find and research the area of the supers and i have to say it was a very happy time in my life .. not the same as events now .. on NOV 5th my best friend Helen passed away at home safe in her own bed with her dog Ashes by her side , i was there for her till the very end . and some day i may retrun to stand on that mt one more time .. but i have given my word and i will have many things to do before my treasure hunting days awaken if ever ...you all take care .. you are best of friends and that is the true treasure in life ....my days are spent in the loss of my friend and takeing care of things i need to in this reality ... but maybe some day i will set back and wonder will there ever be a expedition 7 ...

god speed to all ....

the Blindbowman

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear about your loss BB. I'm glad it didn't happen while you were in Arizona and that you were able to be there.

The mountains will be there long after all of us are gone.

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,

Sorry to hear of your great loss. I repeat what Paul said in that it was good that you were back home when the end came for her. Just remember that the true happiness life gives us is our memories and I'm sure you have many of the two of you in the time you spent together.

I can truly say that I was very happy to meet you and Mike at the Rendezvous and would consider that meeting profound. It is a memory that I will cherish. Thank you for making that gathering part of your agenda this year.

Ken 'dustcap' Chichester

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blindbowman wrote
i made a choice to sekk find and research the area of the supers and i have to say it was a very happy time in my life .. not the same as events now .. on NOV 5th my best friend Helen passed away at home safe in her own bed with her dog Ashes by her side , i was there for her till the very end . and some day i may retrun to stand on that mt one more time .. but i have given my word and i will have many things to do before my treasure hunting days awaken if ever ...you all take care .. you are best of friends and that is the true treasure in life ....my days are spent in the loss of my friend and takeing care of things i need to in this reality ... but maybe some day i will set back and wonder will there ever be a expedition 7 ...

god speed to all ....

the Blindbowman

I have to echo the excellent words of our friends, and also am very sorry to hear of your friend Helen passing. As our friends said, the mountains will be there waiting for you and us, whenever we wish to return, and the search for the treasures gives us lasting memories. In an old movie, "They Died With Their Boots On" the hero has a debate with his rival, when his rival extols the virtues of money and wealth, the hero points out that there is something in favor of glory - for you can take glory with you. Likewise, the memories of our adventures and the friendships we make are a lasting treasure that cannot be taken away and which you can take with you even past the grave.

As to the title of this thread - only people whom have never gone treasure hunting see "failure" when a treasure is not found; for many of them, life is all about Mammon and accumulating money, and they think that is what treasure hunting is all about. They could not be more wrong.

It was a pleasure to finally meet you, and many of us were really hoping that you had found the LDM so shared your disappointment. I for one would love to see someone find it and prove all the nay-sayers wrong. Those who never go searching for treasure can never find any, and do not even have the wonderful memories of the adventures involved in the search.

Good luck and good hunting Blindbowman, I hope you will return to visit with us again when you can. Besides the strange coincidence that your site turns out to be almost certainly the exact same site that Chuck Crawford said he had found a church treasure, you did not get a chance to check out the placer you believed was in the adjoining canyon. I think I can safely speak for most of us here and say that we will leave that site alone until you are able to check it yourself. Take it easy and keep in touch, our condolences on your loss.
Roy & Beth

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss - small comfort was that you were able to be at her side.
As for not finding it - hey - that's the adrenalin rush - the seeking itself, the thought that it may just be across the next ridge.
I can easily imagine that actually finding what you are looking for can be a let-down in some cases - it's the hunt itself that drives us.

So - keep the spirit up and we will hopefully see you again.

Again, my sincere condolences for your loss.

Per

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bob,

It is indeed sad to hear that your friend, Helen, has passed away. I'm sure she will live on in your thoughts and memories for the rest of your days. There is no greater honor than to be by someone's side at that last moment.

You may have noticed a different attitude from the forum since you attended the Rendezvous. Without a doubt I have noticed a difference in you. Hang in there. Life is good......and forgiving.
:thumbsup:

Failure is being able to get back up, and not even trying.

Take care,

Joe

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a friend or loved one always reminds me to keep living my life, and not let a day pass by without reminding those I care about that I love them.

Travis

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
BB I too am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I thought it was a brave and cool thing you did by coming to the Mts, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

My prayers for you and yours in this sorrow.
Janiece

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the kind words . helen is at peace and past at home where she wanted to be ...with friends and family

look close at 3179 "the ledege is not in sight and runs the length of the mt that is about 400ft high and it dose drops out into the bottom of the wash on the south side .. "see how the stream goes around 3179 ...the same way it dose in the ruth gonzales map ...go look for your selfs the stream bed has fault lines that run across the stream bed and stops the placer gold from being took down stream ..

look at the quadtriangle of rocks to the south of 3179 if the mine is there the quadtriangle is where the Prealta's hidden camp is . 1/4 mile down the canyon from the mine .. sounds like i am giveing you the directions back wards ...lol because i am ...lol

waltz knew you could not find placer gold beyond the fault lines in the stream bed and that part of the canyon is rough.. no miner would see the placer gold if it was only in a small part of the stream bed ..if it had gone down stream some one would have found it by now ...the stones the ruth gonzales map and waltz's directions all place the mine at the north end of 3179 ...

its to step for a horse and the priest says . " (1 ) in the praying hands (2 ) across the trail on heart mt " that means the mine is on the northeast end of 3179 .. i was not looking any where else for a good reason ..

" some day it will be found and it will be found on 3179 ..."look close if the man in 1959 fell in the tunnle he would have been on the trail headed toward crystall springs on the same side as the tunmnle area i pointed out , in fact less then a few hunderd yards away on the same trail ..he could not have gone south or north . so he went east and ended up at crystall springs ..

if i did see the Hoya thats 3 out 3 ....i am right ...its there somewhere on that little mt everyone has been walking right past it ...lol , you got to look at what waltz said . he was headed north when he found the foot prints , he gave his directions when he was headed south to pickets post ...lol

you can fool a lot a poeple for a lot a reasons . but you can not get a QM lost ...lol

stay safe stay free

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bill,

You made it pretty clear when you got back from your hike, that you had never been to that location before. How are you now going to convince anyone that you know all these things? :dontknow:

Just askin......

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Cactusjumper - I may be misreading Blindbowman's last post, but not sure it says that he "knows" the points raised. In fact this sentence:

<Blindbowman wrote>
go look for your selfs the stream bed has fault lines that run across the stream bed and stops the placer gold from being took down stream ..

..kind of suggests for someone to go find out, which could be read that he doesn't know for sure himself. But you have also kind of hit on the very point I was going to ask, and it concerns this placer mentioned.

Blindbowman, why are you so certain that a placer exists there? Even if there are fault lines running across a stream bed, that will not form a placer unless placer gold has been coming down the stream to form one. Such sites often form very rich placers yes, but only where gold has been coming down stream. Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy,

"... the stream bed has fault lines that run across the stream bed and stops the placer gold from being took down stream .."

That statement seems fairly unambiguous to me. Bill would need to see some gold trapped in the fault lines to know that has taken place. That hill has been covered from top to bottom and every point of the compass.

Crawford's hole, was said to contain a treasure trove, not an outcropping of gold ore. Not sure we need to go into another few years of discussion on the merits of Bill's research. That's just me, others may want to bat it around for a few more years......or decades. :dontknow:

It is what it is. I'm done.

Take care,

Joe

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Paul,

Have you checked your PMs lately? It's possible that my computer has been eating those messages.

Joe
hmmm - if its being too greedy, maybe you should try to put it on a diet?? ;-)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
cactusjumper said:
Roy,

"... the stream bed has fault lines that run across the stream bed and stops the placer gold from being took down stream .."

That statement seems fairly unambiguous to me. Bill would need to see some gold trapped in the fault lines to know that has taken place. That hill has been covered from top to bottom and every point of the compass.

Crawford's hole, was said to contain a treasure trove, not an outcropping of gold ore. Not sure we need to go into another few years of discussion on the merits of Bill's research. That's just me, others may want to bat it around for a few more years......or decades. :dontknow:

It is what it is. I'm done.

Take care,

Joe

Well, my question was just out of curiosity; I read that same sentence and it sounds more like speculation but it may just be the way I am reading it. I don't think we need to go back over the whole of the past discussion, was just curious if Bob had a reason why he is saying that is a placer beyond the presence of the fault lines. That would mean samples and panning or metal detecting at the least.

I believe that draw had at least one sample done in one of the two surveys done by USGS while they were doing their work to draw the borders for the Wilderness Area; I could just go dig them out and check for myself but don't recall any gold being detected in that area.

As to a treasure trove - I have no knowledge of what Crawford said he found, nor his basis for even choosing that area to search. :dontknow:
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, OK BB, time to send me my cuppa coffee. and some more data! That toy bike should be finished by now.

In turn I will tell you of the many times that I was 180 degrees off in my search for Tayopa.

However, being a genuine, handsome, devil may care, genius, as Cactus can tell you, I merely shrugged it off and continued to the next boo boo. I eventually zigzagged my way to Tayopa. Now what ?

Don Jose de La Mancha (another ORO Blanca type, but without the two foot warmers))

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for your loss.
What does 3179 mean?
A post,or place on a map?

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
Sorry for your loss, i just lost a good friend from drowning another from heart attack and another cousin from cancer in just 2 months. So i know what it is to lose a loved one.

My prayers go out to you and your familly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread