cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
cactusjumper,

From that link: "Since then, the items that Laura had possessed related to Waltz went to the Middaugh family – the family of her last husband. However, some of the things she had were shared with some of Laura’s family – the Branstetter line and descendants thereof."

I would suggest checking the spelling of "Branstetter". If this turns out not to be the correct spelling of that name I may have a direction to point you... or your friend.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

Yes, that's the first thing I sent him. He already had been there, although he did not see all of the posts. It may be that one of those will become a source for further research.

Many thanks,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Paul,

Yes, that's the first thing I sent him. He already had been there, although he did not see all of the posts. It may be that one of those will become a source for further research.

Many thanks,

Joe

Figured as much :) Yah, it's amazing how one lead can quickly branch off into 2 or 3 which can each branch off into another half dozen. Sometimes it takes a long time, but you never know which one of those leads could turn out to be a goldmine (pun intended) of information.

It seems as though I haven't had time to do much of anything "dutchman" related since last October's trip. I hate to look back and see that 4 months has already gone by and I haven't been able to look into a single thing I've wanted to in all that time. Life is just going by far too fast and although I'm happy to have a job, I don't seem to have the time to do much more than just check the forums once a day.

Hope you and the family are doing well.

Paul

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

I have always been amazed how legends, people and history seem to often come full circle and mesh into one another. That has been especially true with stories of the LDM.......all the way back to the Conquistadors. I know
it is, more often than not, simple coincidence, but its been an education following all those trails.

Hope you and Carol are doing well and staying warm. I won't tell you what the weather is like here today. :wink:

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Paul,

I have always been amazed how legends, people and history seem to often come full circle and mesh into one another. That has been especially true with stories of the LDM.......all the way back to the Conquistadors. I know
it is, more often than not, simple coincidence, but its been an education following all those trails.

Hope you and Carol are doing well and staying warm. I won't tell you what the weather is like here today. :wink:

Take care,

Joe

Yes, please don't tell me about the weather there!!! It's cold and flurrying snow tonight and my driveway is one big long ice skating rink! I think you were thinking about Garry - it's me and Connie not Carol :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions