8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
8th. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

All,

The 8th. Annual Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous will be held at the Don's Camp the 26th, 27th and 28th. of October, 2012. The gate will be open Friday morning, the 26th.

As we get closer more information will be posted. If you look back at the thread about last year's event, that may answer many questions.

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Please note that I have corrected the dates of the Rendezvous.

Last edited:

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Thanks Joe!
I'll start saving my change for gas money! (may have to rob a bank) :laughing7: Hope to make it out again this year....had a good time last October. :thumbsup:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never been there.
Where is this Dons camp located.
I live over here by Globe,and used to live in Mesa,so don't need anything but the where abouts,land mark,cross road,ect.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

You should bring your own drinks, and a little firewood never hurts. We had more kids and wives last year than ever before. I believe they all enjoyed the weekend.

Wayne, Greg and Randy do us all a great service by setting this event up every year. Make your plans now, and don't miss out on the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.......again.

The gate for the Don's Camp will be open Friday morning for early arrivals. There is plenty of room to set up your camp, close to others or a bit farther away if you're so inclined.

Hope to see more wives and kids this year, as it's a good family outing. .

East on 60 to Peralta Rd. Left on paved......it turns into hard packed dirt. There will be signs at the Don's Camp entrance,(it's a left turn) but if you get to Peralta Trailhead, you have gone too far. Once you turn off Peralta Rd. come in a little ways and look to your right. The gate to the camp will be uphill from you.

Map2D_2.jpg

Closer map:

Map2D_1.jpg

You will need to bring drinks and meals, for after Wayne and Randy run out of chili, hot dogs and burgers.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Joe
I will bring a big cooler with assorted beverages, water, iced tea etc, if you know of anything specific to add, let me know
Alan

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are there any gate,camping fee's ect?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Joe
I will bring a big cooler with assorted beverages, water, iced tea etc, if you know of anything specific to add, let me know
Alan

Well It has happened again, I just found out that I am committed to a function on the 27th of Oct, so I will not be able to attend this years rendevouz.
I know that this will greatly dissapoint those of you who were looking forward to meeting me..... LOL
Maybe next year.
Alan

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
This was posted by Randy on the LDM Forum this morning:

"This year our Saturday guest is going to be the incredible Dr. Thomas Glover! He will be doing a talk on the Ely family. DO NOT miss it, I promise it to be unforgettable.

Thanks to all who have attended in the past, and to the Don's club for so graciously providing the camp site for us to use.

I look forward to another great year of yarns, beer, and sleep"

See you there,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Dr. Glover will be speaking on the Ely Collection Saturday night at the Rendezvous. He has been in contact with the family for a number of years, and they decided to give him all of the material they had, which includes much new information concerning Waltz's death, his gold and Dick Holmes. There is also information concerning Adolph Ruth's death.

All of this comes from the personal notes and letters of Sims Ely. It includes details of what, why and who changed the information he wrote in the original manuscript.

Anyone interested in the legends surrounding the LDM, and getting your information from a source that was close in time to the events, should make every effort to make it to the Rendezvous. Many questions that we have been asking over the years, will be answered.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Some Dude

May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
GMT, GTI-2500 & Falcon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

Having never been to a rendezvous before – is there water available for washing up pots, pans and the like?

Thanks,
Some Dude

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
S.D.,

The Don's Camp is a dry camp. You need to bring your own water. There is usually plenty of drinking water available, as many people will bring a case, or more, of bottled water.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Carolyn and I have decided to not host this years Rendezvous. That decision has been a long time coming, but this year seems to be the right time. I hope someone else steps up and claims the job, as it has provided us with a great deal of pleasure over the years.

Carolyn will stay home this year, and I will be driving down without our trailer. I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

This will not be a Rendezvous to miss, as Dr. Glover's presentation should be a barn-burner.

Our best to all,

Joe & Carolyn Ribaudo

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

Doea anyone know what TIME Dr Glover will be speaking?

Thanks
Travis

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Travis,

The usual time is Saturday evening, usually around dark-thirty.......The place will be the
big ramada.

The information he will be speaking on has been kept out of the public eye since Waltz's
death. He will tell us if Dick Holmes was even in town the night Waltz died; who took the
gold from under the old man's bed; why Bark and Ely felt they were unable to find the mine
and other private correspondence that will be revealed for the first time.

The Ely family has given Dr. Glover all of the originals, so there can be no doubt as to their
authenticity.

You should all try to be there.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy Wright posted this on the LDM Forum:

It's been a blooming tradition of sorts for Joe to bring much food and drink to the camp, so Wayne and I will be continuing that tradition in a way. Friday night I will cook a large pot of Chili, and Saturday evening we will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. I believe we are going to bring some refreshments.

Everyone coming to the Rendezvous this year needs to be mindful of your own supplies. Make sure you have water, coolers or a way to keep things cold, food, etc. I don't think a lot of people "relied" on Joe to provide for the weekend, but if you did then you'll need to be a little more self sufficient this year.

Wayne and I will be using raffle money from last year to pay for the food if anyone is wondering.

Also I will be opening the gates on Friday morning, so if you arrive before then I'm sorry to say you will have to camp in the lower parking lot or elsewhere. Also, be mindful that if you are camping on state trust land you will need a permit. All of us in the Don's camp Friday-Sunday will not need any permits aside from the one secured by the Don's.

I'm looking forward to the turn out this year, hopefully it grows just as it has been every year since Joe created this event. If anyone has any other questions please ask them here, or send Wayne and I an e-mail.

Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Since Randy did not post the message here, I have taken the liberty of doing it for him.
If someone would post it on DUSA, as I am unable to post on that site, I believe some of
the members would like the information.

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Recently posted on another forum:

"We all want to here each of you tell us where the mine is.....Especialy Dr.Glover who has
Written two books on the subject..."

For the record, Dr. Glover is very generous with his time and research. On the other hand, he does not like his time wasted with foolish questions.....much like the rest of us. I don't speak for him, so you will each have to come to your own conclusions. After a number of years of personal friendship, that's simply my own opinion.

He is coming to the Rendezvous to see his many friends, and present the information that is contained in the Ely collection, from the family. That is information that no one else has been able to get, and he is willing to share it with all who attend this years Rendezvous.

I believe, as in the past Rendezvous', anyone wanting to speak on their own finds and discoveries will be given a chance to speak Saturday night. Beyond that, you will all have plenty of chances over the weekend for face to face discussions with other attendees.

All are welcome at the Rendezvous, and all the information you need is provided elsewhere in this thread.

Once again, I will not be bringing my trailer, and will not be providing the usual supplies and equipment. Randy and Wayne will be providing some food and water. You need to read back through previous posts to find out what will take place.

See you there,

Joe

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What ever you find and melt it down, and make your own trinkets and sell them is your business.
If no one see's you digging any where, then who knows what you are doing.

Another thing, all the weed and seed cops,don't go in looking for you, they wait in the parking lot until you come out.
The answer is in the sentence.
Trust me, every time some one goes lost in the Supes, it is the Sheriffs, and the DPS heli. Too dangerous for any one else, or they are scared.
Oh yeah, the SAR with back up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread