Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 664990 Paul I think the kitty likes the back east cut of meat.

Wayne I can stand guard while you dive and keep a eye out for the bikini babes.

Hehe - that's a nice looking boat there! I'm actually slowly getting dive certified this year as time and money permits, so maybe I'll take you up on that offer sometime. Of course, if there's a chance for bikini babes to be in the vicinity, I may have to surface near them and pretend to need mouth to mouth :)

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And with the utterance of the secret words...."BIKINI BABES"
Thrice spoken.....the incantation
The slumbering Tropical Tramp has arisen once more...... :notworthy:

(well, at least his eyes are open) :occasion18:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must remember to put this post of cubbers in a safe place for future possibilites of blackmail.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Bah, blackmail...shmackmail... the wife knows I still look - just no touchie :).

I've been reading lately about your neck of the wood (Dobie, renegade apaches, etc...) - darn shame it's so dangerous down there with all the drug related violence, cause it looks like a heck of an interesting area to explore!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis, tis, cubber, why I ended up here instead of Brasil.

When i was riding around in that area by myself with my mule, it was effectively the same as the 1800's. For an atavist such as myself, almost heaven.

You packed your own law on your hip, and only met an occasional bandido or at worst maybe 5, as happened up by Chinapas and in the unnamed barranca near Basaseachi in that time. Now, where I had that little misunderstanding in the 60's, it is a tourist center. sigh. sheesh,

I have hung around too long, roads and new towns are springing up everywhere. Civilization bah !

Just realized that I will be 89 on Oct 3, sheehs only 60 more to go, but, I 'will' open up Tayopa this year, and try to finish that damn book .

Don Jose de La Mancha

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey and Hi sgtfda, I read your imputs and dont disagree. Some imfo from B. Storms & Frank Fishes book has
been good to me. I dont really plan on going to the Supers,however I agree your thoughts on exploreing the
Salt river or whatever its called now. With the silt on the bottom,and murkyness of the water you will need some detecting device,like maybe a magometer. The real issue I myself think is you willl need to dectect behind large
cut native stone. I would rather explore Garden Valley,as a easier and less complicated search,for the sunken
valley.gd luck in your searches.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello tropical tramp, my friend,finish your book.you'll get rich.
Cubanfan go into the area you feel, deep in your gut.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I have a friend in my prospecting club who found some nice gold around Canyon Lake a while back. Very nice gold He lives up north now but will take me on a nugget tour. All that gold washing down into the lake that mud could be very good pickins. Not all the gold in the Superstitions is in the Dutchmans hole.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so what conclusion do you have for the Peralta Stone Map?

- John Arizona
I have a hunch that the maps lead through Rogers Trough Trailhead to White Mt. area.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What`s going on Oct. 11? What I found out since I started this, is that everybody has their own theories about things and It`s almost impossible to pry that idea away from them.The only way to convince others is to slap down a five pound chunk of gold on the bar and begin telling them how you found it. Only then will they begin to hear you. Chuck

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 8th Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous, is on Oct. 11. Look elsewhere on this Forum for the name and directions

- John Arizona
I thought it was on the 26- 28th. Check your info

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when you come back to Arizona. I will go into the Supes with you. I will go to the place you think it is... then you can come with me to the place I think it is. The best time to hike around in there is after Sept, but during that time... it's Monson season. I would've liked to have gone with you the last time you were here but unfortunately I was hunting Japanese treasure buried in the Philippines. I live right in this area... so you can look me up or message me. I'm not trying to upset you and you have to have an open mind to all the theories and possibilities. It's All Good :)

- John Arizona
Yeah man, the only problem I have is that I never seen you post before,you don`t give your name, and you seem kind of shady. For all I know you could be Jack the Ripper.

Tom Walter

Greenie
Feb 19, 2005
I'm sorry to learn of Jim Hatt's passing. I'm curious to learn if anyone knows the location of the carved heart shaped rock Jim discovered in an Arizona wash. Anyone who's seen a picture of it will know what I'm referring to.

Thanks.

Tom

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi chuck, I have two others waiting for the call.can't give a date but you can contact me trosas48@gmail. You are welcome to go with me.it is true, one would have to show the treasure for people to believe.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me guys, I know that you have your doubts.I would too. The guy I really want to talk to is Jim Hatt. But I heard that he passed away a short time ago.I am not one that hides behind secrets and whispers. I for one, like Jim Hatt, want to expose the truth for everybody to know.I was just a kid when JFK said "we do these things not because they are easy,but because they are hard".

The offer still stands. I plan on going in again late Feb. or March. This is the chance you always dreamt of. I`m begining to wonder if there is anybody with any balls left out there. Chuck

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Generally speaking, It's a good idea to meet anyone you plan on going into the Superstitions with prior to entering the mountains. You should have a topographic map to discuss where you will be going. Decide what you will each be carrying and what you think you might need. There are lots of details that should be addressed in advance.

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread