WANTED: Hikers to help document the conclusion of the Peralta Stone Maps

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my friends, I don`t know how to say this so I`ll just be frank. I know that a lot of us have a lot of time and energy in trying to figure out the whereabouts of some lost goldmine and where the stones may lead, if they are real maps of a real place with gold to be found. I have been studying this puzzle for only about 3 weeks and have a lot of respect for those before me trying to solve the problem.I have come to the point that I have enough clues and determination to varify my find. I will be traveling to Phoenix in the next few weeks to hike in the Supes to see what is there first hand.I have talked to friends and family and co-workers and they all think that I`m just a daydreamer.So that is the situation, I could use some back-up to join this venture.I talked to the main man at the museum that has the stones, he informed me that a thousand people have said the same thing in the past but have not been able to PROVE there find.If you are serious as I am about this I will be at the museum to present my theory when I can break away from work and travel from Houston.I don`t know the laws concerning mining in there and I don`t plan on mining.But if something is found it`s equal shares. Thanks in advance ,Chuck Chatsko

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Chuck
Let me be one of the first to congradulate you on your possible discoveries.
I would like to offer one bit of advice, and I do not mean to rain on your parade...But
It is my belief that the treasure indicated by the stone tablets was intended to remain hiden for a long period of time, otherwise someone would have stumbled upon it by now, with that said, it seems to me that the location of this treasure would not be identified by trail markers, but rather specific locals identified by specific symbols on the tablets based upon the key to the cryptic system.
I do not think that it is as simple as hiking into the mountains and identifying rocks that look like the symbols on the tablets.
However I wish you the best of luck in your endevours
Alan

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me guys, I know that you have your doubts.I would too. The guy I really want to talk to is Jim Hatt. But I heard that he passed away a short time ago.I am not one that hides behind secrets and whispers. I for one, like Jim Hatt, want to expose the truth for everybody to know.I was just a kid when JFK said "we do these things not because they are easy,but because they are hard".

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew Jim Hatt... And I can guarantee that if he really knew where something of value was.... There was no friggin way he would ever let that out... LOL... Nope, he would have packed that Sh$t out one backpack at a time til it was gone....
(Sorry Jim...LOL)

Thanks
Travis

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I knew Jim Hatt... And I can guarantee that if he really knew where something of value was.... There was no friggin way he would ever let that out... LOL... Nope, he would have packed that Sh$t out one backpack at a time til it was gone....
(Sorry Jim...LOL)

Thanks
Travis
My only contact with Mr. Hatt was via a few emails, so I wouldn't comment on him as an individual.

However, DD, my observation of human nature, especially re treasure hunters, makes it quite clear to me that nobody with true knowledge of the location of hidden valuables will reveal the information under any circumstances. I'm not talking about those who have 'figured it out', I mean those who know. Those who release the 'truth for all to see' are typically trying to make a buck off the gullible.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“The Conclusion of the Original Peralta Stone Maps: The King’s Royal Treasure.”
A TerrySoloman.com book review.

Author- Mark Clayton; ISBN 978-1-4251-8613-5; Trafford Publishing; 73-pages; 9”x 11” paperback; Full color photographs & illustrations. $24.95

Mark Clayton, takes us on a wild and sometimes confusing ride through the lore surrounding “The Peralta Stone Maps,” found in Arizona by a retired Oregon Highway Patrolman in 1949. Clayton’s book focuses on his search, and if you believe him – the discovery of “the King’s Fifth,” which was 20-percent of all the treasure found or collected in Arizona, by the Conquistadors and the Peralta Family.

I am very familiar with the Superstition Mountains, having hiked and camped there with my Father growing up, in the Boy Scouts, and later as a private guide. Because I know these areas intimately I found the old maps, illustrations and photographs in this book fascinating. The author is a Canadian, mesmerized by Arizona and the Superstition Mountains. He takes us through his personal journey of discovery, starting in 1997. Clayton and his friend flew to Phoenix for a vacation in October, 1997. While there, they met the owner of a gold prospecting shop in Tempe, Dave Ramirez. It was Ramirez that told Clayton about Apache Junction, the Superstition Mountains, and the Peralta Trails. Within a week, Mark and his friend Lori were hooked on the lore - and lure - of the Peralta Maps!

In the book, Clayton chronicles his research, and lays out his theory about the location of what could be one of the largest treasure hoards ever discovered. The problem with this book - for folks that are not familiar with the Peralta Maps and their history, is that Clayton’s ideas and theories are based on endless references to other books and research - done by others. If you have never read these books or papers, you could be left scratching your head while looking at one of Clayton’s photographs of a Spanish trail marker, or monument!

I recommend this book just for the topo maps, historical maps; illustrations and photographs alone! If you are interested in Adolf Ruth; the Peralta family; Spanish Treasure in Arizona; or just hiking the mysterious Superstition Mountains, this book may be for you! Order it online at: The Conclusion to the Original Peralta Stone Maps: The King's Royal Treasure - Mark Clayton : Trafford Book Store

vcfppqo.jpg

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I read Mark Clayton's book and found his conclusions to be a stretch at best, his markings within the mountains which are supposed to match those on the tablets are like compaing peoples descriptions of the ink blot test.
I saw nothing of significance in them.
Alan

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read Mark Clayton's book and found his conclusions to be a stretch at best, his markings within the mountains which are supposed to match those on the tablets are like compaing peoples descriptions of the ink blot test.
I saw nothing of significance in them.
Alan

There are more than a couple books that fit that description alan :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again, "I recommend this book just for the topo maps, historical maps; illustrations and photographs alone!" There isn't anything there anyway. The government moved all the treasure out in 1953..

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, "I recommend this book just for the topo maps, historical maps; illustrations and photographs alone!" There isn't anything there anyway. The government moved all the treasure out in 1953..

Terry:

What information forms the basis for this claim [The government moved all the treasure out in 1953] ?

Regards:SH

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There are more than a couple books that fit that description alan :)

You are so right, one other comes to mind, something about the spirit in the mountains by the two brothers from Massachusetts, very entertaining, if not down right laughable.
Alan

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Chuck
Let me be one of the first to congradulate you on your possible discoveries.
I would like to offer one bit of advice, and I do not mean to rain on your parade...But
It is my belief that the treasure indicated by the stone tablets was intended to remain hiden for a long period of time, otherwise someone would have stumbled upon it by now, with that said, it seems to me that the location of this treasure would not be identified by trail markers, but rather specific locals identified by specific symbols on the tablets based upon the key to the cryptic system.
I do not think that it is as simple as hiking into the mountains and identifying rocks that look like the symbols on the tablets.
However I wish you the best of luck in your endevours
Alan

That is sort of what I`m thinking. I am counting on finding more clues at the site that lead me to another spot. I`m guessing that 2=3-O-18=7 means that at the third marker is a missing link,and at the first marker at the begining there is 7 of something that has some instructions or something. I guess I was lucky because I didn`t have information overload from reading into it. I started with a clean slate and an open mind and it just fell in my lap.Thanks for your comments,Chuck

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right, one other comes to mind, something about the spirit in the mountains by the two brothers from Massachusetts, very entertaining, if not down right laughable.
Alan

Looks like we both had the same book in mind at the same time :). That's the only book on the Superstitions/Treasure hunting that I've ever regretted wasting the money on. There are yet other books that don't have much value to add, but even they had at least a little redeeming value to them!

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello 393strokeryou and cubfan64. 393 there are no books that will help you on the peralta.like.someone earlier told you,, many have looked before.your best bet is to look and study the maps till you can find the first clue.you cant guess when your out in the hot sun.take partners, after time every boulder will look like markings yet its erosion. I'm not saying you can't find it only that you study first.good luck

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello 393strokeryou and cubfan64. 393 there are no books that will help you on the peralta.like.someone earlier told you,, many have looked before.your best bet is to look and study the maps till you can find the first clue.you cant guess when your out in the hot sun.take partners, after time every boulder will look like markings yet its erosion. I'm not saying you can't find it only that you study first.good luck
Thanks for the advice peralta, but I have been studying it and I know the maps like the back of my hand. I have found the location and know what everything is. I have discoverd things that apparently nobody else has.The one thing that I couldn`t figure out is the 2=3-O-18=7.But I got that just a short while ago.I was realy stoked when I first made my discoveries but now I`m bummed out because nobody really believes me. The reason that I started this post was to try and get someone to go in with me and make history with and share the victory.:love9:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
393stroker
It is difficult to get anyone to believe you, I know because I have had the same experience.
But its no big deal, its human nature, just accept it because it has noting to do with you or your validity.
If you make it to the rendevouz, I amsure that you will find many who will go into the mountains with you.
Best regards
Alan

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
393 stroker,
It's kind of hard to believe that you are not simply just "stroking", whats the Hurry??, whatever treasure is out there in the middle of July will still be there in December. Looking for a treasure hunting partner on a public forum could be like a a woman looking for a blind date on craigs list, and last of all why should anyone believe you?, show me what you've got.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions