My theory on the Peralta Stone Maps and my quest to prove it.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I'll be good to go for next time.
Even tough it was too hot to look at everything I wanted to this time, and proved to be even riskier than I expected out there, it was worth the effort.
The reality of what waits in those mountains can never be experienced by sitting in front of a computer...8-)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those mountains are dangerous...
no matter how close the city comes to the base of the mountains.

Don - my personal opinion is that's one of (if not THE MOST) significant reason why they are so dangerous. It's so easily accessible, and yet can be so inhospitable.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
howdy...
a good point...as the city moves closer, people imagine that the mountain becomes less dangerous...big mistake in my opinion.

I see the city as a place of multiple dangers too. The mountains? Like all mountains, an ignorant or unprepared person can easily put himself at risk. Superstitions or Himalayas - same-same. Same goes for someone who wants to swim Hawaii's north shores in the winter. Life on earth can be risky business anywhere.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be careful about using the Horse/Priest Stone as a reference. It is very possible Travis Tumlinson made that himself. I won't try to make anyone doubt their opinions about the Stone Maps, because nobody I know of has found THAT pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so almost everybodys' opinions are as valid as almost everybody elses.

Good Luck - Mike

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember seeing any tracks at the white hat area, it stormed the night before I got there. But I do remember seeing some tracks on the trail the first day, I`d say just one, but I wasn`t counting.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ford Raptor is truly a special truck, I`m glad I decided to get it.

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
I love that truck, if by chance you walk out of work one day and you find me humping the tailgate, it was an accident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread