My theory on the Peralta Stone Maps and my quest to prove it.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I want to say a big THANK YOU to Phil from the Lost Dutchman Museum for hearing me out and sharing his theories with me, and covering my back as I went in to the Supes. And Mark for gettting me to the trailhead in his Jeep and coming back to pick me up. This all started in June when I came across the Peralta Stones and the stories behind them.. I figured that I would try my hand at finding where they lead, and I believe that I have. I started by using google earth. I know that everyone says that you can`t rely on it to be accurate and I see their point.But it is a good tool to use to start with. It helps to have a HD monitor and high speed internet. What I did was make a copy of the close-up photo of the Trail Map that Jim Hatt had posted and I noticed the arrow on the knife. I figured that meant north.So I started looking or an upsidedown heart. Right next to where it says Superstition Mountains was an upsidedown heart shape within a oval shaped mountain, so that`s where I started. That mountain I found out is White Mountain. So I started looking and searching.I thought that the white lines,the wash`s in the bottom of the canyons would be a trail but it did not fit exactly. I found a corral for animals and thought that was the begining of the trail but the cross over or X wasn`t right.I then started looking and found a shape that matched the square with two lines in the middle with a backeted cross on the east end of Cimeron Mt. wich is east of White Mt..Thats when I realized that the wavy line on the bottom of the Trail Map is the top of Cimeron Mt. as you would see it from the ground looking up. The bend in the starter arrow is a small ridge that leads to the top with a triangle pointing to a boulder near the top. This Is why no-one could find the trail,because it is not a trail per say. Take a copy of the Trail Map and fold it above the wavy line and get on GE and you can see all the marks on the map right on the side of the mountain.Then on top of Cimeron Mt. is the rest of the trail and all the markings. The trail goes from boulder to boulder or significant rock outcroppings all the way down into Rough Canyon then back up White Mt. into the heart. What You are doing is following the boulders not a trail per say.All of the markings,the symbols and numbers are all natural features that one could see from the a certain vantage point.As you pan out away from the heart looking straight down you will see in the natural formations of the ground 1847 and 1435 just as on the stones.Just below that is the 10.You can change the date on GE to see it better sometimes.You have to have an artistic eye to visualize what the guy who made the maps was seeing,open that mind.The Don Stone. This was the one I was trying to reach to get photos of because I believe this to be the ace in the hole. Over in Rough Canyon to the east of the heart at the bottom of a ravine is a white rock outcropping that has several rectangular shapes like the ones on the bottom of the heart stone insert. Above is the Don, upsidedown just like the picture of the stone. You can see a lot of simularities if you look for them.The Horse map.. Is on the west side of White Mt. on it`s southern end. If you pan away from the Mt. you will see a shape that resembles a pig or a Rhino,then look farther south,there is a smaller shape that resembles a horse,does this match up or what? Then if you look, you will be able to see the 5 with five boulders sticking out around it.Below that you can see RIO in the rocks.The Priest map is south. Pan out and look for the rocks to come to a point. There is where I see the priest`s face and the cross in his hands.8-N-P...8 Northern Points,the angled markings on the bottom of the Priest Map and the square blocks.I noticed that six of the lines converge to one location and two run parallel.The blocks are the green boundry lines on GE of the designated wildlife refuge designated in 1939 I believe, to the south.You have to turn on boundries/borders for it to show.I just roughed it in and the lines point to the bullseye in the heart,and the two parellel lines run to the Don rock and the cave just next to it. ...Anyway I did go there as far as I could.I recruted a good fellow by the name of Mark to drive me to Rodgers Trough Trailhesd in his 4x4 Jeep.By the time we broke an axle,overheated the engine,scrounged for water,etc. I started in around 15:30.I hiked till dark and then the storm began.I spent the night and travled on,but I was running out of time,and I lost service on my phone.It`s weird that I found that someone was there on the Mt. right where I wanted to go.When I yelled and they did not reply, or maybe they where too far in a mine to hear me.I found their saddle and cargo containers strown amoungst all the trash they left behind down in the wash. After I hiked out and got phone service again I called Mark to come get me ,then my phone`s battery was dead.I made it .I went as far as I could and I did it.I just wish I could have stayed longer.Maybe next time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continuation: The Cross, If you look north of the preist`s hat you will see the big cross. Which has all the markings depicted on the stone map.Again,all of the markings are natural features. Once you find a feature look in the area that the next one should be,but be forwarned that nature duplicates itself and you have to zero in on it.After all it is a treasure map,and a lot of the things that are prominent are purposley left omitted so it wouldn`t be so obvious. The 2=3-O-18=7 can be seen on the eastern face of Cimeron Mt..But you have to realy look for it.It`s a riddle wrapped in an enigma, and if you can`t see it,it`s because you weren`t meant to see it unless you know what to look for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continuattion: If you look on the south west corner of the table or the top right of the heart you can see a hill with a circular formation.There is what looks to be the Sleeping Squaw,the 3 stones are the big boulders on the one side and the pointing tree leaning to the north.I can see the needle looking mark on the side of the Mt. to the west,Farther south from the leaning tree is a white rock shelf that reminds me of a sailboat.It looks like a good place to camp in because there`s a roof over you just like a stone house.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any pictures that you can post?

Thanks,
Bill
I only took a few,but I don`t know how to post them.I tried photobucket and it put up all my car stuff as well so I took it off.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I only took a few,but I don`t know how to post them.I tried photobucket and it put up all my car stuff as well so I took it off.

Email the pictures you want to post to: [email protected] and I will post them for you.

If you don't have a program for emailing pictures from your computer, here's one that is easy and free: http://picasa.google.com/

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get them? I found that FLASH EARTH is more realistic.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
These are Chuck's pictures:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

Some of the pictures did not want to upload, but they were all just repeats of other pictures.

Joe

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cactusjumper, the photo of the three outcrops way up on the hill is where I saw the man.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a hike in June. Headed back to see what's at the top?

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a hike in June. Headed back to see what's at the top?

I would like to go with someone else that might have an interest and could invest about a week.

gogojuice

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to go with someone else that might have an interest and could invest about a week.

You are rambling around my hunting grounds (I have no interest in treasure) and if it is true you were out there in June-July I have to say you must be one tough dude and lucky to be alive. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are rambling around my hunting grounds (I have no interest in treasure) and if it is true you were out there in June-July I have to say you must be one tough dude and lucky to be alive. Good luck and happy hunting.
Thanks man, I served 9 years in the U.S. Army Infantry,11BRAVO.That will toughen up anybody."Follow me" .

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE END OF THE PERALTA STONE MAPS.jpg This is where I believe the stone maps lead,to White Mountain.The heart is inside the oval shape below the dart.The bullseye under the heart insert is right next to where the end of the big split in the ground is.It looks like one could climb down into the crack.You can see an M or W marked at the entrance way.I can see a black rectangular box shape on the side of the hill below,and a spooky looking face in the crack with bulging eyes.About 200 yards away on the east side I can see a big white slab looking object,and on the side of the hill there looks to be a star shaped object that looks like beams or something.

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stroker---mind telling us, are you close to the area DirtyDutchman is working, or are you well away in another area? Not looking for exact specifics as I live on the east coast and couldn't find Arizona with out a map, much less the Super's. Just wondering if you are working the same general area. Good luck.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stroker---mind telling us, are you close to the area DirtyDutchman is working, or are you well away in another area? Not looking for exact specifics as I live on the east coast and couldn't find Arizona with out a map, much less the Super's. Just wondering if you are working the same general area. Good luck.
I have no idea where anybody else would be searching for whatever they are searching for.All I`m sayin` is I came across these stone maps and found out where they lead and went out there and did a recon to check it out. And way out there in the middle of nowhere in the middle of summer, where you would think that nobody would ever be,bow low and behold, another person just happens to be exactly where the maps lead.What are the odds? Yeah Man,there is something there.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
View attachment 658481 This is where I believe the stone maps lead,to Iron Mountain.The heart is inside the oval shape below the dart.The bullseye under the heart insert is right next to where the end of the big split in the ground is.It looks like one could climb down into the crack.You can see an M or W marked at the entrance way.I can see a black rectangular box shape on the side of the hill below,and a spooky looking face in the crack with bulging eyes.About 200 yards away on the east side I can see a big white slab looking object,and on the side of the hill there looks to be a star shaped object that looks like beams or something.

Chuck,

How do you pick out such details in the image you have posted......such as being able to "climb down into
the crack." How wide is that "crack" and how deep? Not that many people in those mountains this time of year......for good reason.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck,

How do you pick out such details in the image you have posted......such as being able to "climb down into
the crack." How wide is that "crack" and how deep? Not that many people in those mountains this time of year......for good reason.

Take care,

Joe

That is the mountain as seen on GE. You have to zoom in to see the finer details. The trail starts on the east side of Cimeron Mt. that has the dart on it. Look over there and zoom out and look for the box shape w/the backeted cross .The wavy line on the stones is the ridge line of Cimeron Mt. The starter arrow runs up to the top of the hill and trail runs over and down into Whiten Mt. The drilled holes are natural circles that are easy to find.The crack that I`m refering to is the ravine on the north west side of White Mt. wich is the oval shape.The heart is the Mountain.If you pan away you can see 1847 right in the middle of the heart. Right next to the top of the crack is a natural circular formation.I believe that inside the crack is a cave/mine/tunnel. Someone must have been all over that mountain taking notes and making drawings and using binoculars to look for features to use on the stones.All of the numbers and letters are all natural shapes in the terrrain.If you follow the wash that veirs off to the west from the north end of the oval until it makes a sharp 90 turn about half way,look up on the cliff and you will see the R just under the ridge line. On my moniter I can make out alot if not all of the details.When I hiked in last week I could only see the horse`s head and the 5 on the side of the hill because I never made it to the top. But this is the place that the stones depict. Just too many things match up for it not to be. Thanks, Chuck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread