ok.ill tell you where the gold is...

georgegouvas2

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok.i'll tell you where the gold is...

hi,i've studied the superstitions since 1955..anyway about 1957 i located maps of the mountains and drawings also.Well i studied and compared them to my topo. maps,pretty close they were,close enough to pin point one of the old mines that latered disapeared from all of the later maps that were made after the dutchman died.This map and the drawings showed a cave or mine in the west side of bluff springs mtn.The drawing made it look like a mine at the bottom,probably 100ft. above the creek,that ran past the mtn.But it could have been a cave,but i doubt,because the stream currant that went past was a straight past the mine,so no place to carve out this kind of cave/mine..on the same token its pretty much all sedimentary rock,which is hard to believe that it could be a mine of any real value...but thats where the map and drawings showed the owner of that map had his gold..now we know or think we know that the dutchman highgraded gold from the bluebird mine to the n.w. of there,and very possible stashed it in that old mine...well around a month or so after his death there were some light weight earth quakes in the area,so either them,a friend,or the local indians could of caused the slide that covered it up very well..look on the newer maps and you'll see the slide im talking about....i dont have those really old maps anymore or i would have put them on this forum,but they and a lot of my other geology stuff that i had burn when my other house burned down,guns and everything went bye bye..yea i took geology in college,that when i and a few friends made a trip into the mtn's.we met celest jones and her weavers needle workers,and the sherrifs dept just hauled out another body,and that was in 1964.miners have no sense of humor...Well i heard they outlawed digging in that area some time ago.hell you'd need a bulldozer to clear away that slide anyway and there not very damn quiet...well im to old and crippled to try to sneak a dozer in thier,thats why ,im telling about the maps etc.so some body could possibly figure out a way to quietly clear away to that old mine/cave.that whole area has been metal detected by the govt. back in the 50s ,its got other ores there also,but the rock type makes it very hard to find a good mining site,the cave is most likely highgraded gold.Which is good more pure and its just hidden in the cave waiting.well got to take my medicine and hit the rack..

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool story, thanks for posting. Actually makes more sense than about half the stuff about the LDM.
I kinda figured the LDM was buried in a quake, or it is under water at Canyon lake.
I will get the book from the library and post about it next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions