DUTCHMAN ORE?

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cavern_9.jpg Who would take the time to wall up a old mine shaft???There are more photos over on DUSA for all of you who may want to see the shaft after it was cracked open.....

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cavern_kurt.jpg could this be the spirit that watches over the mine?

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cavern_8.jpg After we droped 50 feet from the top shaft. This is just inside the walled up tunnel..

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20121118-00330.jpg Just inside the tunnel after dropping 50 feet to the inside.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have a link to the Dusa thread.
I went over and looked and didn't find it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias JOE> When I saw the old pictures of them squeezing though the narrow sections, I had the queasies. Many a tunnel / cave rat has become hung up using loose clothes as they did. It can bunch up on you and you are trapped, you can't go forward if it narrows any more, yet it is almost an imposibility to back up. Sometimes you can't even be pulled out.

Side thingy, if the workings are that narow it must have been worked by indians (doubtful) or the early Spanish - small people - But I see no sign of soot,or tool msrks in the pictures. Is it possible that they are following a natural cave, faulting formed in any no. of ways??

Lots of qustions, most of which have simple, logical answers by someone that has been there.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose, I have photos of old school drill holes from inside. I own copyright to them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

There are perfectly round holes found in many cliff faces in the Superstitions. They do look like man made, but I doubt it.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread