Apache of the Superstitions

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis, tis, but the words Chi chi --- means a woman's breasts in Spanish, kinda bothers me on the connection, especially since a broad is after PIPIWP. for his scalp, hide, honor,,or spiritual energy??

More about this Chi’Chil’Bagoteel ----------------- seriously.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Remember I lived with the Yaqui for 5 years, The Mayo & the Lacadon also. Being just an itty bit Mohicsn I am interested

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Homar, Me 'broad phobic' ?? never, love the lords work done 'just for me'. sigh,, They come in many colors sizes and shapes. Ya shoulda seen what I had in ole Peking, the Philipines, Japan, or now in Mexico.-- The US also.sigh.:notworthy::tongue3:

Don Jose de La Mancha

P'S' got mixed up on the 'Don' Homar sorry, cuppa coffee acceptable as an apology ? kneeling tugging my forelock in penitence.

Sure, I'll take that coffee, now get up you fool, and quit tugging your eyebrows, you look ridiculous.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that want to know the area, read Geronimo's autobiography. In it he talked about the different tribes and how they all worked and fought as one tribe. Do not expect the living tribesman to talk about Geronimo favorably as he was considered an outlaw. I have personally talked with the elders at the cultural center. The elder who runs it told me of a story that his grandfather had told to him. When he was a young boy his grandfather took him into the superstitions to show him a wagon of gold bars that he claimed was where it had been left. They spent several days looking in remote canyons but never found the wagon. This elder is in his late eighties. BTW I am a Native American and have a BIA card number.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
For those that want to know the area, read Geronimo's autobiography. In it he talked about the different tribes and how they all worked and fought as one tribe. Do not expect the living tribesman to talk about Geronimo favorably as he was considered an outlaw. I have personally talked with the elders at the cultural center. The elder who runs it told me of a story that his grandfather had told to him. When he was a young boy his grandfather took him into the superstitions to show him a wagon of gold bars that he claimed was where it had been left. They spent several days looking in remote canyons but never found the wagon. This elder is in his late eighties. BTW I am a Native American and have a BIA card number.

sailaway,

Welcome to the LDM Forum. I look forward to reading your perspective on Native American activity in the Southwest and in the Superstition Mountains.

Would you mind sharing the name of the tribe you are enrolled with and the degree of Indian blood you have? I have a son in law who is part Cherokee. They live in Oklahoma.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Cherokee of 1/32 according to the government. Yet I have much more than that. The government does not combine other tribal blood.(like my Seneca, Kiowa, and Wyandotte along with the Cherokee on my grandfathers side, only my grandmothers side counted)

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
sailaway,

"I am Cherokee of 1/32 according to the government. Yet I have much more than that. The government does not combine other tribal blood.(like my Seneca, Kiowa, and Wyandotte along with the Cherokee on my grandfathers side, only my grandmothers side counted)"

I could be wrong, but I believe the Cherokee Nation requires 1/16 to be enrolled as a tribe member. Can you shed any light on that?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Michael Swartz

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The myth that the Cherokee Nation requires 1/16 or 1/32, or 1/2 or 3/4 blood to be a tribal member has been floated for years on internet forums and chat rooms and through mass email campaigns by uninformed and devious persons. Many gullible people read and accept these false assertions and pass them on with no intellectual curiousity to find out the truth for themselves.

The Cherokee Nation requires no quantum blood designation to be considered a member of the tribe. Not 1/3 not 1/16, not 1/32, none, zero.

The only requirement is a person has at least one ancestor on the 1906 Dawes Roll.

The March 3, 2007 vote on the Tribal Constitution Ammendment upheld the Dawes Roll requirement.

There has never been a quantum requirement except in the minds of individuals who either didn't know any better or were devious and a part of spreading the false statements about the Cherokee Tribe.

Of course if you are 1/32, 1/16, 1/2 or 100% that is wonderful, however it is not a requirement nor does it need to be proven to the tribe or anyone challenging you on an internet forum or chat room.

Michael Swartz

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The myth that the Cherokee Nation requires 1/16 or 1/32, or 1/2 or 3/4 blood to be a tribal member has been floated for years on internet forums and chat rooms and through mass email campaigns by uninformed and devious persons. Many gullible people read and accept these false assertions and pass them on with no intellectual curiousity to find out the truth for themselves.

The Cherokee Nation requires no quantum blood designation to be considered a member of the tribe. Not 1/3 not 1/16, not 1/32, none, zero.

The only requirement is a person has at least one ancestor on the 1906 Dawes Roll.

The March 3, 2007 vote on the Tribal Constitution Ammendment upheld the Dawes Roll requirement.

There has never been a quantum requirement except in the minds of individuals who either didn't know any better or were devious and a part of spreading the false statements about the Cherokee Tribe.

Of course if you are 1/32, 1/16, 1/2 or 100% that is wonderful, however it is not a requirement nor does it need to be proven to the tribe or anyone challenging you on an internet forum or chat room.

Michael Swartz

Michael,

I believe the Cherokee Nation adopted that position in 1976. You are correct Sir.:thumbsup:

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Not to derail this thread but I suspect that a great many people have some Amerindian ancestry, if they were to take the time to dig a little into their family tree.

Please do continue,
Oroblanco

Michael Swartz

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Constitution of the Cherokee Nation October 2, 1975 was a formality to let the US Government know the Cherokee asserted their right as a soverign nation.
For anyone to think before that date the Cherokee did not think of themselves as soverign are mistaken.
The Cherokee always asserted their right to govern themselves with their own laws and rituals. Article III Section 1 of the Constitution merely was for the benefit of the US Government.

The 1906 Dawes Roll was always upheld and the only requirement by the Cherokee tribe, long before the 1975 Constitution.

It was the US Government who imposed upon the Cherokee (and other soverign nations) the quantum blood requirements. The Cherokee tribe never agreed or adopted or used this Government imposed requirement. It was forced upon them as were many other requirements they did not adopt or agree with and was in part, the reason for their Constitution and asserting their rights and beliefs and rejecting US imposed intervention.

It is the height of disrespect to question a native American about the amount of native blood he or she has. It shows a profound distain for native American's as people and a lack of understanding of native American's in general.

Michael Swartz

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The Constitution of the Cherokee Nation October 2, 1975 was a formality to let the US Government know the Cherokee asserted their right as a soverign nation.
For anyone to think before that date the Cherokee did not think of themselves as soverign are mistaken.
The Cherokee always asserted their right to govern themselves with their own laws and rituals. Article III Section 1 of the Constitution merely was for the benefit of the US Government.

The 1906 Dawes Roll was always upheld and the only requirement by the Cherokee tribe, long before the 1975 Constitution.

It was the US Government who imposed upon the Cherokee (and other soverign nations) the quantum blood requirements. The Cherokee tribe never agreed or adopted or used this Government imposed requirement. It was forced upon them as were many other requirements they did not adopt or agree with and was in part, the reason for their Constitution and asserting their rights and beliefs and rejecting US imposed intervention.

It is the height of disrespect to question a native American about the amount of native blood he or she has. It shows a profound distain for native American's as people and a lack of understanding of native American's in general.

Michael Swartz

Mr. Swartz,

Sailaway seemed to have no problem discussing the matter. What's your problem:dontknow: If he tells me he was offended, I would offer an apology. If you were offended in some way, that's a real shame.

Beyond that, I believe your post is in error.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread