LDM why you cant get it ! MAP #10

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jack

" a bright yellow ribbon of it in a narrow vein of rose quartz " . Meaning as in this picture ?

a bright yellow ribbon of it in a narrow vein of rose quartz.jpg

" a rampant horse's head with mouth open " . Meaning as in this picture ?

a rampant horse's head with mouth open.jpg

These pictures are near " CASA CAVERNA " .

Marius

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
And it is with that reason "Joe", that he, "Waltz" was suspected of highgrading at the Wickenburg Vulture Mine.
None of his claims panned out, so some say.

Quote:
It is known that when Waltz first moved to Arizona, he worked as a consultant in the Vulture Gold Mine owned by Henry Wickenburg in the town of Wickenburg. It is unknown when he met the Apache girl, Ken-tee, who also worked at the mine, but she soon became his mistress, although he was nearing sixty at the time. Suspected of high-grading ore from the mine (stealing choice pieces of ore), an inquiry was held. Unquote. Yes, it should go on to say there was no proof found, but was still fired from that job.

Question for you Joe:

When Waltz and his girlfriend Ken-Tee took out $70,000 from the Sacred Indian Mine, how many pack animals
did they need and how many trips ?
(I understand "no one is talking !", as they have all Passed before us, just your guess on this ?)

Jack

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
"EL COBOLLO" rang through the canyon arroyo.......

Marius thank you,

I will counter with this image.

The Legend goes like this:

The Mexicans were mining, while there were "Lookouts" high above the Mine.
As the day advanced late into the afternoon, all of a sudden under the breath
of a Scout, "Aye Carrumba", then yelled "EL COBOLLO" & was heard below.
When the miners came out it was said to them "EL COBOLLO" was seen in
the canyon arroyo. "How do you know this ?", was asked, "It was heard from
above !" "And how did he know this ?" "He saw him and someone was holding
his reins !" "Where did you hear this ?" "It came from Jesus !"

those of us who need help, like me with Marius's picture, this one: "EL COBOLLO'S"
neck follows the Arroyo down from #1 through his back & rear below#5, the rest
should come together.

Attachments

• EL COBOLLO from the Shadows.jpg
    EL COBOLLO from the Shadows.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 258

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
And it is with that reason "Joe", that he, "Waltz" was suspected of highgrading at the Wickenburg Vulture Mine.
None of his claims panned out, so some say.

Quote:
It is known that when Waltz first moved to Arizona, he worked as a consultant in the Vulture Gold Mine owned by Henry Wickenburg in the town of Wickenburg. It is unknown when he met the Apache girl, Ken-tee, who also worked at the mine, but she soon became his mistress, although he was nearing sixty at the time. Suspected of high-grading ore from the mine (stealing choice pieces of ore), an inquiry was held. Unquote. Yes, it should go on to say there was no proof found, but was still fired from that job.

Question for you Joe:

When Waltz and his girlfriend Ken-Tee took out $70,000 from the Sacred Indian Mine, how many pack animals
did they need and how many trips ?
(I understand "no one is talking !", as they have all Passed before us, just your guess on this ?)

Jack,

I have no answers to your questions, because they are based on a fictional story concocted by Robert Joseph Allen.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi jack

" a bright yellow ribbon of it in a narrow vein of rose quartz " . Mining as in this picture ?

View attachment 730125

" a rampant horse's head with mouth open " . Mining as in this picture ?

View attachment 730124

These pictures are near " CASA CAVERNA " .

Marius

I see the Horse head now Marius. Does look like it had some help !

Jack

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those of us who need help, like me with Marius's picture, this one: "EL COBOLLO'S"
neck follows the Arroyo down from #1 through his back & rear below#5, the rest
should come together.

Not trying to be antagonistic but I still can't see this horse. Are we using shadows? Ridges? Ravines?

My feel is that if you have to try to explain how to see an image that it is not of significance. Maps are to guide someone without knowledge of the location to that location. Given even dead-on matches it would be hard for someone unfamiliar with the supes to find the spot.
V

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better without the outlines ?

JackH
Thanks for taking the time to try to explain it but I am bowing out of this thread as I am a hopeless cause here. I still have no idea where the horse is. I see your black squiggly line but I can't match it to anything. And a white outline of a shadow area that appears to be Casper the ghost waiving to me. Maybe the ghost of the Dutchman?

Dutchman's ghost.jpg

But if, in fact, you are using shadows to form part of your "map", it would be time sensitive and you would have to be in the right spot at the right time of year to see it. And hope that it isn't cloudy that day or you will be sitting there a long time waiting for it to appear again. The same shadow comment would apply to Markmar's "horse head".

HH2U all.
V

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Map 49 is one that has me scratching my head

Here's the Photo

abovethemine.jpg

And here's the map

treasm49.gif

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker

I don't know where you took the picture , but is very close to the map . Look around for the other map's clues and who knows , you may be lucky .
To my opinion the mine on the map is between East Bulder Canyon and Needle Canyon , South of Black Top Mesa Mountain near Dutchman Trail . The " Sombrero " mine is not the same with LDM . The clues of this mine are carved on the single " Cross " stone maps ( look at Peralta Stones and the latin hearts page 2 ) . This stone Cross is a secondary map who holds in her hand the " Whitch " in the Peralta's " Whitch " stone map .
I post the " Whitch " map overlayed to see the place of the " Cross " map .

Peralta which stone map verification.jpg

Marius

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
somehiker

I don't know where you took the picture , but is very close to the map . Look around for the other map's clues and who knows , you may be lucky .
To my opinion the mine on the map is between East Bulder Canyon and Needle Canyon , South of Black Mesa Mountain near Dutchman Trail . The " Sombrero " mine is not the same with LDM . The clues of this mine are carved on the single " Cross " stone maps ( look at Peralta Stones and the latin hearts page 2 ) . This stone Cross is a secondary map who holds in her hand the " Whitch " in the Peralta's " Whitch " stone map .
I post the " Whitch " map overlayed to see the place of the " Cross " map .

View attachment 732447

Marius

MM,

There are a few things which match up to what you have posted. Here is something I posted on The LDM Forum:

"There are many stories of treasure on the north side of Weaver's Needle. I believe Bob Brady's cave of gold bars was actually on the west side of Needle Canyon rather than on Bluff Spring. One of the Stone Map X's also ends up over there as well as Dale Howard's cave."

Good Luck,

Joe

:

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
you may not like this, but here it is anyway..........

If monumented trails have been knocked down,
I would expect markers on the cactus removed
as well, for one reason or another.......

Attachments

• treasm49.gif
    treasm49.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 344

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what ya did ! ​"Now he's leaving !"

Come on now Jack. You know that is just shadows from rock formations. Don't worry, it'll be gone by sundown.
V

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you may not like this, but here it is anyway..........

If monumented trails have been knocked down,
I would expect markers on the cactus removed
as well, for one reason or another.......

Near as I can tell, it's just a drawing someone made back in 1927.
For some reason, perhaps wishful thinking, they thought it was the Sombrero Mine.
Maybe because there is a small peak, shaped like a Sombrero, nearby.
Approaching it from the east, it looks very much like a peak on another couple of maps in this collection.
Another view looks a lot like the Perfil Map as well.
I've hiked out there three times,and spent probably 10 hours or so, mostly down below.
Likely missed seeing some of what's in the neighbourhood.

You have reversed the map, but I'm not sure that's necessary.
There is a needle with a balanced rock in the un-cropped photo I shot back in 2008 or 09.
But it is to the left and further away than the drawing shows it......and down on the opposite side of the canyon.
I'll post that crop later,along with a couple of other shots of what I've mentioned.
Was up there three years ago, on a cold and windy,wet day. Wound up looking around by flashlight,as it was getting dark, so I didn't check for any rocks stuck in cactus. Just too much to look at down below.

But I'd be surprised if they were still there, after all this time.
Since then, I've been all wrapped up in the Stone Maps, so I haven't been back for a better look-see. But it did look like some digging would be necessary.

Regards:SH.

It's a crop...but shows a bit more of the view

archpitmountaintop.jpg

Shot from lower down and back
reminds me of the Perfil mapa...but from a different perspective maybe

100_0538sm.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
somehiker

MAP #49 (1927) is nearly perfect in reverse for my (Signature) "Red Mountain.

MAP #60 PERFIL MAPA I have explained in my first thread, again "Red Mountain.

When I finally deciphered the Peralta "Heart Stone" to (my) satisfaction and
MAP #10 which is a duplicate of the "Other", I was Done looking elsewhere.
At this point, all I care to do is explain MAP's that take me back to the same
Place.

Do I believe there is Much to discover outside my interests ? Absolutely !

"sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees, and I am No exception !"

Jack

OP
OP
JackH

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Quote: But I'd be surprised if they were still there, after all this time.

Saguaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saguaros have a relatively long life span. They take up to 75 years to develop a side arm. A saguaro without arms is called a spear.
The arms are grown to increase the plant's reproductive capacity (more apices lead to more flowers and fruit). The growth rate of saguaros is strongly dependent on precipitation; saguaros in drier western Arizona grow only half as fast as those in and around Tucson, Arizona. Some specimens may live for more than 150 years;[SUP][1][/SUP] the largest known saguaro is the Champion Saguaro. It grows in Maricopa County, Arizona, and is 13.8 meters (45.3 ft) tall with a girth of 3.1 meters (10 ft). These cacti can grow anywhere from 40 to 60 feet. They grow slowly from seed, and not at all from cuttings. Whenever it rains, saguaros soak up the rainwater. The cactus will visibly expand, holding in the rainwater. It conserves the water and slowly consumes it.

As I recall, these grow from the top, so anything attached would still be at the same height, but expanded on.

Attachments

• largest.jpg
    largest.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 343
  • saguaro chart.bmp
    401.7 KB · Views: 1,965
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions