LDM why you cant get it ! MAP #23 (Sleeping Lady)

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Syn

" And yeah I think you, JackH are on the right mountain " .

Where is the clue who say how the map " Sleeping Lady " is near the " Red mountain " and not in Canada ?
The only clue is in map's title and it is " Squaw " . The Squaw Canyon is on La Barge Canyon north to Black Mountain .
The other who you wrote , you are right .

View attachment 731239

Marius

The mine by the 50 stone on the sleeping squaw map is the same as the mine by the heart on the witch map.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mine by the 50 stone on the sleeping squaw map is the same as the mine by the heart on the witch map.

I can't say for certain if I don't see the original map . This map don't has any known landmark and is very hard to match it in a specific place .

There I saw clues in the maps , like the stone trail and other , which some people changed their shape only to fit in their searching area . This is a mistake to do , because the maps have their own clues and scale . If someone wants to find something out there , then the maps which he use have to match in every detail with the region where is interested . So , if there is a more than half clues which don't match , move on to another site .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would think the Pima, with whom the Sleeping Lady Treasure legend originated, would have called it a "mine" rather than a "treasure".....if that's what they meant.
And in my opinion, a sleeping lady/or squaw could apply to either a landform or other visual reference which resembles a sleeping woman.....or.....a part of the "treasure" which does. Perhaps a religious sculpture for example.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say for certain if I don't see the original map . This map don't has any known landmark and is very hard to match it in a specific place .

There I saw clues in the maps maps , like the stone trail and other , which some people changed their shape only to fit in their searching area . This is a mistake to do , because the maps have their own clues and scale . If someone wants to find something out there , then the maps which he use have to match in every detail with the region where is interested . So , if there is a more than half clues which don't match , move on to another site .

The giveaway is the cut in the heart on the sleeping squaw map. problem is there is a few rocks that could be that one shown for the 50 rock, only way to find is boots on the ground. Have a good Idea about the other 2 on the squaw map. think one here has found and documented the one. the other is a dif story. If these are all mines whoever it was was busy all in a mile area. would of been a sight to see back in the day . can just imagine. My problem is I don't have a partner that is interested in this, I have 2 that will go but don't have a clue on the research. Wish I has someone knowledgeable about these that I could converse and trust with the info of the area. Its maddening to keep it all inside when I want to have another set of eyes see my info and research . Would make a good book but I am not one for words.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gonna add my 2 cents to the sleeping lady,years ago I read in a book,forgot name/author,but it had maps and was printed in the 30"s, said the {sleeping lady},was a full size Silver Madonna,sculped by the Pimas,with the help of {Kino},and Indians from miles around would come and pay respects to,and bring coins/jewerly/etc.,and put these items inside the Lady through a slot...When the Pimas got wind that the Spanish solders where on their way to their village they took the Silver Maddona and other Church treasuers and sealed them in a cave...Of course I camnnot verify the written report, but it might have some truths to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread