Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

I meant how the " stone heart " is large to can seen from the ground , and because has in the middle a mountain . In the past we have discussed about the " Perfil " map . Then I told you of what point you can see the " Perfil " map . That point is on the top of the heart . Look to the south on the top of the mountain and you can see the " HOYO " .

Marius

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker i read the conspiracy blog .and i went to 2 other blogs that someone posted your right one of the names i remember was chuck wagner .used to know him as wags wagner .REALLY, the knights templars in the supes these people need to stay home and watch more tv.and an informant with a secret society of 13 people smelting gold and minting coins in the supes.one thing that has never changed is the crazys are still around.now to a differant subject.and trust me when i tell you, the gov. is and has been interested in certain treasures and treasure hunters.i know i've had too many run ins with these idiots.and there are a lot of impersonators posing as the same .i have worked on many treasure sites and sooner or later they show their hand. np

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP:

Yes they do, some sooner than others. I've seen some around, but haven't bothered to introduce myself, since they weren't
poking around any of the places I'm interested in. Never heard of Chuck Wagner, but if he earned his nickname from doing the
same sort of wagging that Emery Taylor was in Sharyn Berckok's photo album,I'm not surprised.

Maybe they all been drinking outta that well on the ranch....

Regards:SH.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne,

"There is mention of the ruins of an old building nearby as well as a profusion of pottery shards, and Burns claimed that the Apache used the place for many years as a campsite."

It seems unlikely that the Apache used the site for a "campsite". Scott Wood should be able to shed some light on that.

Take care,

Joe

Joe:

Since the ranch is on State Trust Land, why would J. Scott Wood have any interest in what's on site?
It was Burns who said the Apache camped there, but I don't really care whether they did or not, since it makes no difference to me or my work.
Besides, as I suggested in a previous post, Tom had written about a stone house/barn built by Cavaness on the Bark Ranch, which I thought might be the building in the photo..... Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: Two Soldiers' Lost Mine
NP's photo is in colour, and he said that he also has the negative. Colour negatives were not invented until 1936 and colour photography was rarely done before the 1940's and 50's. So his photo was certainly taken some time after 1940, which means it's not a mission.
With nothing out there, and no village in the vicinity, I can't see there ever having been a reason for one.

Regards:Wayne

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

I meant how the " stone heart " is large to can seen from the ground , and because has in the middle a mountain . In the past we have discussed about the " Perfil " map . Then I told you of what point you can see the " Perfil " map . That point is on the top of the heart . Look to the south on the top of the mountain and you can see the " HOYO " .

Marius

Marius:

What you thinkin ????

If the "stone heart" is too large to be seen from the ground....how did they know it was a "heart" ??
If there's a mountain in the middle, which they WOULD be able to see from the ground, why didn't they just carve a picture of the mountain ?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe:

Since the ranch is on State Trust Land, why would J. Scott Wood have any interest in what's on site?
It was Burns who said the Apache camped there, but I don't really care whether they did or not, since it makes no difference to me or my work.
Besides, as I suggested in a previous post, Tom had written about a stone house/barn built by Cavaness on the Bark Ranch, which I thought might be the building in the photo..... Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: Two Soldiers' Lost Mine
NP's photo is in colour, and he said that he also has the negative. Colour negatives were not invented until 1936 and colour photography was rarely done before the 1940's and 50's. So his photo was certainly taken some time after 1940, which means it's not a mission.
With nothing out there, and no village in the vicinity, I can't see there ever having been a reason for one.

Wayne,

IMHO, Scott knows more about Native American archaeology, in the region (Superstitions), than just about anyone. For that kind on information on the Supe's, who do you go to?:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe:

Well, if I should happen to pay him a visit later this year, I will ask him if the red dot on one of his "threatened sites" map, at the southern end of the Sups, is the same one we are talking about.

Regards: Wayne

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe:

Well, if I should happen to pay him a visit later this year, I will ask him if the red dot on one of his "threatened sites" map, at the southern end of the Sups, is the same one we are talking about.

Regards: Wayne

Wayne,

I confess you have me a little confused, considering this statement:

"Since the ranch is on State Trust Land, why would J. Scott Wood have any interest in what's on site?"

While you're there, show him a picture of the "Burns Ranch Mission". Believe he would find it amusing.

The Cavaness stone building is not the "mission" picture.

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe:

Scott works on projects outside of the TNF and SW as well.
You suggested that Scott might know something about whether or not the Apache camped at the ranch.
Unless he had excavated the site, how would he ?
Is the Burns Ranch within the boundaries of either the TNF or the SW ?
Is there a photo of the Cavaness building we can see ?
I'll let you forward the "mission" photo to Scott. You can share the laugh.
I didn't laugh. I just asked questions and looked up what I could find.
I have tried to make it clear, that I do not believe the photo to be of a mission anywhere near the Sups, and why.
Whatever may be at the Burns Ranch....real,fake or imagined, has no bearing on my research or visits to the area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker,joe ,cactusjumper .i have personally seen the foundation of the bldg it was not a huge place from what i could tell ,been there at least a hundred times if not more .people were always digging at the site ,and part of the front and back structure was still up.there used to be a huge fire pit but someone dug it up last time i was there.there were personal sightings of differant strange things at this place,and unusual sounds you could here both day and night, there are a lot of mines in this area also remember not all native americans in this area were apaches/ np ps also about four days ago i posed the question, what did the man refered to as the "Dutchman" have in common with Huntington, Hopkins and Stanford. i know,does anyone else.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne,

I think the choice of the Pope was long overdue. I don't put any meaning into the fact that he's a Jesuit. On the other hand, I could get some better insight into the choice by asking Father O'Malley. Don't see any reason to ask, but will if you like.

Take care,

Joe

Hi Joe:

I gave Father O'Malley a call this morning.
Here is a transcript of our conversation.

Phone ringing....sounds like the Bells of St. Mary's
Female voice answers..."Hello, thank you for calling the Archdiocese of Boston.To whom may I direct your call ?"

Me...."I'd like to speak with Father O'Malley".

Female voice..."Do you mean Cardinal O'Malley,sir?"

Me...."I thought his first name was Sean ?"

Female voice..."Yes it is, but he's a Cardinal"

Me....(thinking fast)...."You've got a cute voice, are you single?"

Cute female voice..."I'm a Sister, sir!"

Me.... "Father O'Malley's sister?"

Curt Female voice..."A NUN.....sir!!"

Me..."OK then,can I speak with Father O'Malley?"

Female voice..."Yes you may, but remember his title is Cardinal O'Malley, and you should address him as "your eminence!"

Me..."Okee Dokee, I'll do that"

Female voice..."Please hold while I connect you to the Office of the Cardinal"

Canned announcements of upcoming Easter Services...change comes slowly to the Catholic Church.

Another cute female voice..."Cardinal O Malley's Office,-----speaking.How may I help you?"

Me...."Are you a Nun?"

Cute female voice..."Yes I am sir. Is there something I can do for you?"

Me...."Uhh,I guess so. Can I speak with Cardinal O'Malley?"

Female voice...."What would you like to speak with his Eminence about, sir?"

Me...."I have a couple of questions regarding the selection of Pope Bergoglio"

Female voice..."Thank you. Please hold while I put you through."

Call system music....theme from "the Exorcist"

Male voice answers...."O'Mally here. Happy Wednesday!"

Me...."Hey dude, how's it going ? I don't want to take up a lotta your time, but I was wondering what you thought about the new Pope?"

Cardinal O'Malley...."Well, I'm not really at liberty to discuss the selection process, but I was in the Conclave and I think we did a good job.Anything else ?

Me...."Pope Bergoglio is the first Jesuit to be chosen. Does that mean the Jesuits are out of the doghouse?

Cardinal O'Malley..."That's a question better asked of someone in the pews."

Me...."I tried that.He said he would ask you if I wanted him to."

Cardinal O'Malley..."Do I know the gentleman? What is his name?

Me...."Joe Ribaudo, from Arizona."

Cardinal O'Malley..."Portly fellow with a bad attitude?"

Me...."Ya, that's him."

Cardinal O'Malley..."How's he doing? Last time I talked to him, it was about a deceased donkey."

Me...."Really?"

Cardinal O'Malley..."Yes,really.I was visiting a parish in Arizona and one morning I looked out of the dormatory window and saw a dead donkey lying in the yard.Thought I'd give Joe a call, since he knows a lot about burros.

Me...."Yes, I agree with that."

Cardinal O'Malley..."Well, our friend Joe answers the phone and I describe the situation.I say Joe, you know all about burros,what should I do?"

Me...."What did he say?"

Cardinal O'Malley..."That I should give the jackass the last rites."

Me...."So,what did you say?"

Cardinal O'Malley..."I Said that I intended to. But that it was my duty to call the donkey's nearest relative first."

Me...."Gotcha....Thanks"

Cardinal O'Malley..."Bless you and thanks for calling.Bye for now"

Me...."Same to you your Eminence.So long."

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

That was a refreshing monologue. Had me chuckling all the way through. Bit of a waste, as it is all about the wrong priest.

It's what I have always said about depending on the Internet. It tends to make you focus on, possibly, the wrong information. Just because you have matched some key words, or in this case the wrong name, does not necessarily mean you will receive the facts you seek.

Father John W. O'Malley, S.J. has written a number of books on Jesuit history, and is recognized as the leading authority on the subject. You may want to Google his name to learn of his impressive credentials. In researching the Jesuit Order, I got in touch with Father O'Malley and found him to be very gracious and willing to share his knowledge and time with a fan.

While his knowledge of Jesuit history is impressive, as well as being wide ranging, it does not include the history of the Order in Mexico........my main area of interest.:unhappysmiley:

When I do my research, on any given subject, I like to try and make personal contact with people who are respected authorities. Usually, they are very kind and generous with their time and knowledge. I often end up exchanging email's and sometimes we even exchange phone numbers. I have no doubt you do the same thing.

Cardinal O'Malley has never heard of Joe Ribaudo. Some would consider him a lucky man because of that. Unlike the Cardinal, you, my friend, know me very well.

I want to thank you for assisting me through the chairs at the last Rendezvous. That was a very kind and insightful gesture. I have a terrible time, these days, maintaining my balance. I find myself depending more and more on family and friends.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne,

That was a refreshing monologue. Had me chuckling all the way through. Bit of a waste, as it is all about the wrong priest.

It's what I have always said about depending on the Internet. It tends to make you focus on, possibly, the wrong information. Just because you have matched some key words, or in this case the wrong name, does not necessarily mean you will receive the facts you seek.

Father John W. O'Malley, S.J. has written a number of books on Jesuit history, and is recognized as the leading authority on the subject. You may want to Google his name to learn of his impressive credentials. In researching the Jesuit Order, I got in touch with Father O'Malley and found him to be very gracious and willing to share his knowledge and time with a fan.

While his knowledge of Jesuit history is impressive, as well as being wide ranging, it does not include the history of the Order in Mexico........my main area of interest.:unhappysmiley:

When I do my research, on any given subject, I like to try and make personal contact with people who are respected authorities. Usually, they are very kind and generous with their time and knowledge. I often end up exchanging email's and sometimes we even exchange phone numbers. I have no doubt you do the same thing.

Cardinal O'Malley has never heard of Joe Ribaudo. Some would consider him a lucky man because of that. Unlike the Cardinal, you, my friend, know me very well.

I want to thank you for assisting me through the chairs at the last Rendezvous. That was a very kind and insightful gesture. I have a terrible time, these days, maintaining my balance. I find myself depending more and more on family and friends.

Take care,

Joe

Hello joe and wayne, I sure hope your both friends again.
I'm a catholic and understand that the Jesuits are good priests and lean toward the poor and helpless in the world.when you talk to one as I did many years ago when my older daughter was attending loyola marymount in california.the priest sounded very interested in my topic of searching for treasure.he never stopped my discussion when I told him I used the Peralta stone maps, the latin hearts, the molina document and the dutchman as sites as references.the father seemed interested in the molina document and latin hearts discussion more than the others.I knew at the same time he may have been humoring me but it was him asking questions like what area are you searching or how many of us are involved.when our discussion was over, he asked me to tell him how were doing when we meet again, but we never did.I I am sure that we met priests up in the arizona mountains about a year later but i'll save that story for another time.
TAKE CARE
TOM

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe:

Just an adaption of a joke I'd heard, my version wasn't really meant to be about you, me, the real Fr. O'Malley or even the Jesuit history of the Americas.
Of course,I used a google search to obtain a list of Fathers O'Malley, choosing the one closest to the historic event which had prompted my original question.
Not being serious ,my transcript was not based entirely on fact, but rather a scenario based on a few facts filled out with some of the thoughts I'd had while catching up on some of the posts I hadn't yet had a chance to reply to.
It was a time waster, kept me up an extra half hour or so. But I had fun with it and hopefully gave a few others besides us something to chuckle about.
Good to see you're feeling better.

Tom:

You've come to the place where friends can fight like cats and dogs, even draw blood.
And still be friends.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker

I was thinking of you . How ?
If you have the talent to write a fantastic conversation , why don't use your fantasy to answer to your question ? :icon_scratch:
The answer is how , the author , first found the mine and after saw the heart . The heart can seen from the top of the mountain . Your aggression , don't let you think clearly .

Marius

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Tom,

Wayne and I both have strong opinions and don't hold back in any debate. I look forward to seeing him each year at the Rendezvous and that will never change. I respect his theories and the time he has spent on research and in the mountains. If you had to take one man's advice, you couldn't do much better than Wayne.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

I took your post in the spirit in which you wrote it. Didn't ruffle my feathers in any way. Just thought you might be interested in Father O'Malley's history. He's a wonderful source on Jesuit history. Those interested in stories of Jesuit treasure in Mexico and the Southwest, will get a better understanding of the Jesuits by reading Father O'Malley's books.

Some of the people who post on these sites are best not confused.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it interesting that no one asked me about the local treasure story that I was following that lead me to Spirit Mountain and the stone tablet markers and monuments. Part of the research into this local treasure story included the fact that the "Dutchman" was in this area for a while. Many other people have proven that the "Dutchman" came to Arizona from California. I was surprised to learn from historical recored in my research that the "Dutchman" was mentioned in the context of the local story I was following. I was reluctant to put the local story, the "Dutchman" and the stone tablets together. It made no sense until I began to recognize so many markers resembling the tablets and the "Dutchman's" story and directions. Both his directions and his story matched many of the things I was seeing, and so did the stone tablets. I don't believe in coincidences. As I stated before, and is aknowledged, the stone that the tablets are made of come from NW Arizona. I've been trying to give clues about the "Dutchman" but no one seems to care because everyone is too vested in the Superstition Mountain stories and legonds. I have historical documents to back up my claims. I'll say it again-the stone tablets DON'T lead to the Superstition Mountains. NP

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker

I was thinking of you . How ?
If you have the talent to write a fantastic conversation , why don't use your fantasy to answer to your question ? :icon_scratch:
The answer is how , the author , first found the mine and after saw the heart . The heart can seen from the top of the mountain . Your aggression , don't let you think clearly .

Marius

Marius:

No, not thinking of me.....just not thinking.
The Heart Stone is removable, and a depressed area of the same size and shape was made in the stone, into which it would fit.
Both the bottom side of the heart and the depression into which it fits have markings which are difficult to understand, but related to other markings on the stones.
What do you think all of this means ?
Would a mountain have to be removed to retrieve something hidden under it ?
Or something of far less volume.

Azhiker

Jan 8, 2010
Not Peralta,

When you mention, "Spirit Mountain", are you refering to the sacred creation mountain of the Yavapai, the mountain just west of the Colorado River a little northwest of Davis Dam ? Waltz would have surely at some point of time been at Hardyville because it was the only crossing of the Colorado north of Ehrenberg and close to LaPaz. From Hardyville you can see Spirit Mountain a few miles away to the northwest. There are many rock carvings throughout Grapevine canyon leading down off of Spirit Mountain into the Colorado River, most are native American but some have been identified as non indian at about the same time period the indian carvings were made. An extremely interesting rock carving rests in the Colorado River Museum just south of the Davis Dam site. Father Garces crossed the Colorado in 1776 at where Hardyville later was located. The area was first explored by Melchlor Diaz in 1540 and written about in his journals. The Katherine Mine east of Spirit mountain was said to have been worked at an unknown time in the past and later discovered and worked around 1900. I would like to hear your story.

Azhiker

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions