Superstition Mountain Markers

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
EB. I told him the same thing then later realized the real danger is following behind him. I'm still picking spines out of my legs. He also has a talent for finding things he is not looking for.

I know what you mean...sounds like Salvador. I have never met anyone with sharper eyes and he is also gifted when it comes to paying attention to detail. We have walked a whole lot of desert together and he was with us when we did the Adamsville dig. I'll have to tell you the story of Sal's meetioor (as he would call it) one of these days.

Later,

EB

Last edited:

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dutchman didn't any markers. That is why we are talking about him today.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure he did....a frying pan shot full of holes. Put it up top of a high bluff, from which he could see Weavers Needle.
About 250' above and just a bit to the south of his "hidden camp". Probably climbed up there to check that the raiders had left the area, before heading back home.
Since the pan was now useless, he decided to leave it behind.
Just guessing though...8-)
Maybe more of a memento than a marker.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH

About 600' above and a bit to the south-west of his " hidden camp " .

Marius

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH

About 600' above and a bit to the south-west of his " hidden camp " .

Marius

Did he leave it right side up ?
Or upside down ?
Can you see the hidden camp from the top ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially down under.
Hang on to that " model in Luna Park " idea.
Might be worth remembering later.

Down under , behind " DEIS VANA " . Are the Latin words on the Manuel Peralta map ( EL CERROTERO DE LOS MINES ORO APACHO ) . In this map the author used an " unusual lingo " . He used a combination of a Spanish dialect words with Latin words . Some Latin words are soldered together to confuse the readers . Try to find the Latin words and you will understand what is there .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Marlmar: yer coffee is ready, join me.

Not being picky, but for the benefit of your readers, --> ( EL CERROTERO DE LOS MINES ORO APACHO) in proper back country Spanish, that should read "Derrotero", a Map used in treasure hunting.

Don jose de La Mancha

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose

You are right , but I meant the words in the " DERROTERO " . " EL CERROTERO DE LOS MINES ORO APACHO " is the name of the map which maded by Manuel Peralta .

Marius

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down under , behind " DEIS VANA " . Are the Latin words on the Manuel Peralta map ( EL CERROTERO DE LOS MINES ORO APACHO ) . In this map the author used an " unusual lingo " . He used a combination of a Spanish dialect words with Latin words . Some Latin words are soldered together to confuse the readers . Try to find the Latin words and you will understand what is there .

And a "DEIS VANA" as a manifestation would make a very unusual marker, would it not ?
Especially with something behind and below in need of protection from the superstitious.
"Tlaloc" aka the "Thunder God" might serve the purpose.
But this copy doesn't have it...http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy51/airfile/peraltamap1.gif
I suspect the map was originally made by someone other than Manuel Peralta.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH

Take the original map .

MP.gif

And a "DEIS VANA" as a manifestation would make a very unusual marker, would it not ?
Especially with something behind and below in need of protection from the superstitious.
"Tlaloc" aka the "Thunder God" might serve the purpose

Something like a totem .

Marius

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH

It's in the "medulla" , facing south, and it does look something like a "totem".

Yes , facing south to RIO de JANEIRO .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like facing toward the coming monsoons...IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread