Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in.How about Saturday morning?
Of course not this Sat, but the morning after.
Or should there not be a morning after in some cases.

I believe it is in my neck of the woods.
Anyone have some co-ordinates for me to see where it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Roadrunner the rendezvous at Dons Camp is this fall. How can a true Dutch hunter pass up a trip to the mine
Ok Joe. I see a grin on your face

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadrunner the rendezvous at Dons Camp is this fall. How can a true Dutch hunter pass up a trip to the mine
Ok Joe. I see a grin on your face

Can I go to the rendezvous? They seem like a lot of fun.
TOM

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Tom don't miss it. You will have a blast. They welcome all with open arms. Even me. Joe is a great host. He will say he passed the torch but he can't help himself

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom don't miss it. You will have a blast. They welcome all with open arms. Even me. Joe is a great host. He will say he passed the torch but he can't help himself

Thank you sgtfda,I will see you there.
Take Care
Tom

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The only pit the old farts will hobble off to is the Dons Camp outhouse. A trip to the pit mine would do in most of them. Then we will be left with Mary and Dirty Boots on their trip to magic mountain.

rfjj

Greenie
Jun 15, 2010
Frank,---Im game, lets go. I think I can make it past the toilet, on a good day that is.

rfjj

Greenie
Jun 15, 2010
Frank, Close but no cigar. Im quick on my feet HA. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the party, Im bringing the steaks. See Ya

rfjj

Greenie
Jun 15, 2010
Hey Joe. sometimes it can be, no matter how close. Looking forward to seeing you at the party

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ralph,

Carolyn and I will be looking forward to seeing you again.

This will be my last Rendezvous. Maybe Kraig will take over, as he has stated elsewhere that my camp was something less than comfortable.......Too crowded with not enough shade....etc. I donated my free standing shade to the Rendezvous last year. Randy has it.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, Close but no cigar. Im quick on my feet HA. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the party, Im bringing the steaks. See Ya

Hi Ralph - good to see you posting and hear from you again. My knees are starting to give me real problems these days - my family's genetics aren't so good and it looks like I'm starting to develop arthritis problems - I can feel it in my fingers and hips, but mostly in my knees the last 6 months.

That said, I would definitely be up for a visit to the pit mine location - been wanting to get there for a couple years now, but it never just hit the top of my list. Would be good to get a "guided tour" from someone who has been there to save time having to search around a bit.

Cya in October Ralph.

rfjj

Greenie
Jun 15, 2010
Joe,

Say it isnt so, Joe. The rendevous wouldnt be the same without you and your camp. Believe me there are many who would agree. Health allowing, I hope you reconsider. See you in October.

Paul,

Getting older is hell, isnt it. I hope youre not impaired with your Az hiking. I know you really enjoy it. Maybe you need to get out to Az and let the drier climate dry you out. I dont know if that really happens, but thas what Ive always heard. Im up for that trip to the pit mine also. I think we would need a guide, just because of the time factor. I only know one person who has been there, and I dont know if he would go again. I guess we can work on it in Oct. Looking forward to Oct. See ya

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

Say it isnt so, Joe. The rendevous wouldnt be the same without you and your camp. Believe me there are many who would agree. Health allowing, I hope you reconsider. See you in October.

Paul,

Getting older is hell, isnt it. I hope youre not impaired with your Az hiking. I know you really enjoy it. Maybe you need to get out to Az and let the drier climate dry you out. I dont know if that really happens, but thas what Ive always heard. Im up for that trip to the pit mine also. I think we would need a guide, just because of the time factor. I only know one person who has been there, and I dont know if he would go again. I guess we can work on it in Oct. Looking forward to Oct. See ya

Ralph - seems I have a double edged sword working against me as far as my knees are concerned. It's been hard to exercise because of the pain, thus I've put on some weight, which does nothing but I'm sure aggrevate the situation, which just makes it that much harder for me to exercise :(.

I haven't done any hiking this year, but am going to the gym trying to do low impact stuff like eliptical, etc... Hopefully by late October I can be a few pounds lighter and ready for some exploring.

There are a number of people who have been to the pit mine - or at least the general area. Randy, Wayne, Jack Carlson, Greg Davis to name just a few. I agree that we'd need a guide - I have the coordinates, but it would cut out lots of time getting to them if we knew what path to follow so we don't spend all day bushwhacking through catsclaw. I think Beth and Roy may have been out there as well. From what I've heard, it's not all that hard to get to, but a guide would be nice.

Take care and see you soon.

By the way - as an aside, has anyone heard anything from Ken Chichester (Dustcap) for the last couple years? He's the fellow who brought a Uhaul with food and supplies a couple Rendezvous ago and was always going around taking photos. I haven't seen any posts from him anywhere and haven't gotten any replies to e-mails. That never bodes well, but I'm hoping he's ok and perhaps has just lost interest.

WATASHA

Aug 26, 2013
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Dowsing
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
After reading through this and some of the other post, I'm guessing there is no charge for this? This is the Don's Camp located on the southern part of the Superstitions, correct? I'd like to attend this year, sounds like the stories alone would be worth it.

thanks for the time,
Waylon

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
After reading through this and some of the other post, I'm guessing there is no charge for this? This is the Don's Camp located on the southern part of the Superstitions, correct? I'd like to attend this year, sounds like the stories alone would be worth it.

thanks for the time,
Waylon

Waylon,

You will be most welcome at the Rendezvous. Directions and information can be found here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...872-9th-annual-dutch-hunter-s-rendezvous.html

Carolyn and I have worked very hard every year to set up a comfortable camp for as many people as possible. We brought food and drinks for as many people as we could, around 60-70, and served on a first come first served basis until we ran out. There was never any charge for anything.

Last year was my first year without Carolyn helping and I needed help setting up our large free standing shade. At the end of the event I donated that shade to the event. The Rendezvous has grown from 33 to around 150+ since our first meet down at Twin Buttes on the Gila River.

Each year more and more friends came forward to help make the events a success. Randy and Wayne have been running the show for a number of years now. Greg Davis reserves the camp for us with the Don's. There is never any charge and we thank Greg and the Don's for that donation.

It's a kid-friendly, family outing and while booze is allowed, it's never really gotten out of hand. Despite some hard feelings between some of the attendees, there has never been a real fight. That was one of our first rules, and there are few others. Like the Rendezvous' of old, the fighting gets left outside the gate.

I believe you will have a great time.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread