9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Received this message from Greg Davis:

"Joe: The dates for the Rendezvous are October 25, 26, 27. Greg"

I have heard that SSAR will bring out the BBQ wagon, and grill hamburgers and hot dogs. There will be a small charge for the meals.

For more information on the location, Etc......See previous Rendezvous threads. I assume more information will be forthcoming.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Start making plans early!

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for posting.
The S.A.R. team will be there also to warn people before they go in, and be that much closer for the ones who go in not prepared.
Actually, I have been thinking about seeing if I can sign up again with a sar team here.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thanks for the update amigo - but isn't this the tenth annual? I hope to see you there,
Oroblanco

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe,

Do you know what days SSAR will have the BBQ? I hate going hungry! :dontknow:

Mrs.O

Beth,

I was told that information by Tom Kollenborn, who has very close ties with SSAR. As we get closer to the event, I hope to get more information.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I received this e-mail from Wayne:

Date: 7/28/2013 6:07:57 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 9TH Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

The 9th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous will take place October 25th,26th & 27th 2013 at the Dons camp located at the Peralta trailhead in the Superstition mountains. This annual event is open to everyone and no reservations are required. Camp areas at the Dons camp are first come/first serve. There is no water in the camp but there are toilet facilities.

The rendezvous has featured such guest speakers as: Thomas Glover, Clay Worst Jack San Felice, Jesse Feldman, Robert Schoose, and Bob Corbin. We have also had the pleasure of sharing our campfire with so many notable Dutch Hunters such as Tom Kollenborn, Jack Carlson, Greg Davis, Richard Robinson, Ron Feldman, Baker Looney, Elizabeth Stewart and Ken and Nancy McCullough.

It is a one of a kind event and has included hikes into the mountains, visits to the historical Quarter Circle U and one of a kind discussions around camp on every and any subject concerning the Superstition mountains.

I can be reached via this email or on facebook at the Dutch Hunter rendezvous site.

You should bring your own drinks, and a little firewood never hurts. We had more kids and wives last year than ever before. I believe they all enjoyed the weekend.

Wayne, Greg and Randy do us all a great service by setting this event up every year. Make your plans now, and don't miss out on the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.......again.

The gate for the Don's Camp will be open Friday morning for early arrivals. There is plenty of room to set up your camp, close to others or a bit farther away if you're so inclined.

Hope to see more wives and kids this year, as it's a good family outing. .

East on 60 to Peralta Rd. Left on paved......it turns into hard packed dirt. There will be signs at the Don's Camp entrance,(it's a left turn) but if you get to Peralta Trailhead, you have gone too far. Once you turn off Peralta Rd. come in a little ways and look to your right. The gate to the camp will be uphill from you.

Map2D_2.jpg

Closer map:

Map2D_1.jpg

You will need to bring drinks and some meals. More info. on that later.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
If someone who posts on DUSA could copy and post the above message over there, I'm sure that some of their members would be interested in attending the event.

Thanks,

Joe

WATASHA

Aug 26, 2013
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Dowsing
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Joe, are all of those speakers for sure coming to this event? I mean, as sure as they can be? Looks like I may have to get a little more serious about making it there.
Thanks for your time,
Waylon

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe, are all of those speakers for sure coming to this event? I mean, as sure as they can be? Looks like I may have to get a little more serious about making it there.
Thanks for your time,
Waylon

Waylon,

The one thing I am sure of, is that not all of those people will be in camp this year. I don't know for sure that I will be able to make it. If it's at all possible, I will be there. Believe it will still be worth the effort for those who show up.

Good luck,

Joe

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe let me know if you are going to make it out this year...Myself and a couple guy's from the Double-Jack crew would like to meet you.....

kurt Painter

WATASHA

Aug 26, 2013
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Dowsing
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like it will be worth it if even half of them show up. thanks again, Waylon

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe let me know if you are going to make it out this year...Myself and a couple guy's from the Double-Jack crew would like to meet you.....

kurt Painter

Kurt,

I have made every Rendezvous since starting the event. If my health permits, I will be at this one as well. I look forward to meeting you and your crew.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I worked very hard for a number of years trying to talk Tom and Sharon Kollenborn into attending the Rendezvous. Finally convinced him to come, and now he's uncertain that he will make it this year. Seems he believes Bucky is not welcome and that puts a damper on their desire to make the event. Personally, I love having Bucky there and believe many others feel the same way.

Bucky has spent weekends at our home and, as you can see, he's better behaved than some Dutch Hunters.

I can tolerate a few barks from Bucky :dog: much better than the yapping of some folks.:argue:

Joe Ribaudo

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Bucky last year, honestly I was hoping to spend some time with him this year. Great Pal, loves people and having his head scratched.

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
I met Bucky last year, honestly I was hoping to spend some time with him this year. Great Pal, loves people and having his head scratched.

Guy's, Come on, I spent more time with Becky and Tom's wife, than I did with Tom! Was hoping to talk to Tom, Hope all three come again this year. No Joe, Tom, or Bob, it will never be the same! Missed opportunities?
FEMF

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's, Come on, I spent more time with Becky and Tom's wife, than I did with Tom! Was hoping to talk to Tom, Hope all three come again this year. No Joe, Tom, or Bob, it will never be the same! Missed opportunities?
FEMF

Best Part of my night was sitting with Joe and Paul petting Bucky and listening to Tom, was hoping to do it again this year.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Part of my night was sitting with Joe and Paul petting Bucky and listening to Tom, was hoping to do it again this year.

Somero,

I sure hope Joe, Tom and Bob can all make it to the Rendezvous this year, so looking forward to seeing everyone there !

I asked the host why Bucky was not welcome at the Rendezvous. Turns out he's as welcome as anyone. All pets are welcome ! The only rules are they cannot run loose and pets are not permitted in the Ramada during the gathering for speakers. The Don's Club feels over a hundred people squeezed into a small area with dogs is not a good idea. I saw Bucky there at the Rendezvous and think he's a VERY nice dog, but that's not the issue. The Don's are liable and partially liable for accidents. If someone got bit (not saying Bucky would ever bite anyone) someone gets a lawyer and sues everybody including the Forest Service. If you let Bucky in ( a VERY nice dog ) everybody can bring their dog in ( and some of them might NOT be so nice ). I'm sure Tom understands that and it's not anything aimed at him or Bucky. I would hope that wouldn't be something that would make Tom stay away from the good times.

The Don's have to have some rules. Weapons are allowed at the Rendezvous, you can walk around like Pancho Villa with ammunition belts strapped on, you just cant fire a weapon at the Don's camp. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't understand that rule.

The Don's want everyone to have an enjoyable time at the Rendezvous, but they also want everyone to have a safe time too. Maybe Wayne or Randy could post some of the Don's rules so everyone understands no one is being singled out for anything.

Hope to see all of you there !

Matthew

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Somero,

I sure hope Joe, Tom and Bob can all make it to the Rendezvous this year, so looking forward to seeing everyone there !

I asked the host why Bucky was not welcome at the Rendezvous. Turns out he's as welcome as anyone. All pets are welcome ! The only rules are they cannot run loose and pets are not permitted in the Ramada during the gathering for speakers. The Don's Club feels over a hundred people squeezed into a small area with dogs is not a good idea. I saw Bucky there at the Rendezvous and think he's a VERY nice dog, but that's not the issue. The Don's are liable and partially liable for accidents. If someone got bit (not saying Bucky would ever bite anyone) someone gets a lawyer and sues everybody including the Forest Service. If you let Bucky in ( a VERY nice dog ) everybody can bring their dog in ( and some of them might NOT be so nice ). I'm sure Tom understands that and it's not anything aimed at him or Bucky. I would hope that wouldn't be something that would make Tom stay away from the good times.

The Don's have to have some rules. Weapons are allowed at the Rendezvous, you can walk around like Pancho Villa with ammunition belts strapped on, you just cant fire a weapon at the Don's camp. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't understand that rule.

The Don's want everyone to have an enjoyable time at the Rendezvous, but they also want everyone to have a safe time too. Maybe Wayne or Randy could post some of the Don's rules so everyone understands no one is being singled out for anything.

Hope to see all of you there !

Matthew

Kraig,

Since you have not stepped into the lower camp for the last couple of years, that being the place where most of the Dutch Hunters like to gather, and specifically the three people you mentioned, it's unclear that you have any desire to see those people you mentioned.

Bucky is always kept on a leash in camp and Tom keeps it short. When people applaud and get loud in the Big Ramada, Bucky just likes to add to the celebration. If that's the price to have Tom and Sharon attend, it's more than worth it.

Joe Ribaudo

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kraig,

Since you have not stepped into the lower camp for the last couple of years, that being the place where most of the Dutch Hunters like to gather, and specifically the three people you mentioned, it's unclear that you have any desire to see those people you mentioned.

Bucky is always kept on a leash in camp and Tom keeps it short. When people applaud and get loud in the Big Ramada, Bucky just likes to add to the celebration. If that's the price to have Tom and Sharon attend, it's more than worth it.

Joe Ribaudo

I've been down in the lower camp every year I've attended and I've only missed two Rendezvous. It's hard to have time to talk with everyone as over 150 people are coming and going and having conversations with other people , had a nice hello and and picture taking session with Tom last year. Not many seats in the lower camp so I stood and talked with Dan Hopper, Jack Carlson, Dick Walp, and MANY others. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this year, in both upper and lower camps.

The Don's camp rules aren't mine, I didn't make them, I like Bucky and have no problem with him, never did, so you're ragging on the wrong person. Talk to the Don's and see if you can't get the rules changed. I have no say in the rules so I can't help you. It would be a shame if Tom denied himself a good time and the company of other Dutch enthusiasts because the Don's have to have a few rules for their Rendezvous.

Again, looking forward to seeing EVERYONE at the Rendezvous !

Matthew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread