CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the picture posted? cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Hi Greg:

It may have been posted in the "Members Photo Albums" section of the old LDM site.
Many of those have been lost during the transition to a new owner it seems.
The source of the page is also mentioned here.....

Glover's analysis.jpg

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Greg:

It may have been posted in the "Members Photo Albums" section of the old LDM site.
Many of those have been lost during the transition to a new owner it seems.
The source of the page is also mentioned here.....

View attachment 1712742

I don't believe Dr. Glover's ore analysis is the paper in question

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK....then what, where, and when ?
Same ore samples ?

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back through the download hard copies I made of Feldman's Forum and found the missing photos. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
But it's not like ALL CAPS posts has not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
Not to mention it's a pointless irritation.
Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
But it's not like ALL CAPS posts has not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??
not sure what happened

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it's not like ALL CAPS posts have not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.

Wayne, I did not know that about the caps, my bad, but I am sure it was something else. I really wanted to bounce stuff off you about things that are at our location, but I am glad in a way that went down it was getting too nasty and to many, times I was misquoted by one poster in paticular several times. anyway, can we send private messages? Or is that a violation, if so we will not do that, but I really do not want to interact with the negativity it takes up to much time. If for any reason you feel that that you do not or can not, or should not share info that is fine I understand. thanks Jeff.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wayne, I did not know that about the caps, my bad, but I am sure it was something else. I really wanted to bounce stuff off you about things that are at our location, but I am glad in a way that went down it was getting too nasty and to many, times I was misquoted by one poster in paticular several times. anyway, can we send private messages? Or is that a violation, if so we will not do that, but I really do not want to interact with the negativity it takes up to much time. If for any reason you feel that that you do not or can not, or should not share info that is fine I understand. thanks Jeff.
It is a real shame that you cannot see that most members here on Tnet are posting criticism of your finding because they believe that you are in error or are missing some key info. Do you think treasure hunting is a game? People die hunting treasure, just last year three people from Utah died in those mountains, they were convinced that they knew where the LDM was.
there is a whole lot of wisdom and experience on this site, I sincerely advise you to heed some of it.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer posted #439
Considering the proximity of the location of the Pit Mine to claims on file during Waltz's time, isn't it a bit inconceivable that no miners ever came across it?
How many of you even know that there are two audits to the "pit mine" one over the other?
USGS Survey
USGS survey.PNG Rogers Minerrals USGS.png
then somewhere below those two are two more in close proximity to the creek that the USGS could not locate? Therefore no samples were taken from lower area.

attachment is within the map area above (photo taken from the known trail )

Attachments

• DSC_7104 Trail to lost Dutchman .JPG
    DSC_7104 Trail to lost Dutchman .JPG
    536.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you even know that there are two audits to the "pit mine" one over the other?
USGS Survey
View attachment 1722446 View attachment 1722451
then somewhere below those two are two more in close proximity to the creek that the USGS could not locate? Therefore no samples were taken from lower area.

attachment is within the map area above (photo taken from the known trail )

Do you mean numbers 6 and 7 on the map and chart ?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine, means a person who has time could only mine the best and have something to show for the effort. 6,7 and 8
the audit at 4800'#8 is the best as there will be pockets of good stuff

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PM's are not a violation, but I have found that such exchanges are even more time consuming than regular posts most of the time.
I have also found they can also deteriorate quickly unless I happen to agree with everything said to me, unfortunately. So I don't generally do PM's, or keep my answers very brief now days. Most of what I feel safe in sharing, I prefer to share with everyone in these public threads.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine

So 6,7 and 8....three samples in total.
One from a adit face (6) and (7)(8) from adit dumps.
The way I read it, (6) no gold....(7)(8) trace gold.
Am I correct ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recognize the place in your photos, so I doubt I have.
When I was up in that area, many many years ago, I wasn't interested in mines in the area so much as the ruins.
What does the vein say to you ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
click the photo and look close as going to deleate it after your through
IMO thats waltz pick marks

I dunno.....I'd say every hiker and prospector with a rock hammer has probably taken a whack at that while passing by.
I know that now days I would.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outta time. Have to head out to my daily rock pile now.
Talk later.
But it doesn't help the flow of the conversation, when you keep deleting your posts and photos, sailaway.
Nor your credibility.....

Note to mods: I've just made two posts, wondering why trying to access pg. 33 takes me back to the top of pg.32.
Neither of those posts show on pg.32 or 33.

Still not working....can't see your post or any part of pg.33....when I click on 33 or "last" is still reverting to 32.....even with refresh of thread or topic list pages.
Header shows 8 posts on 33.
Your likes do show on this post....Jeff of PA

TNet 1.jpg

screenshot, top of 32
clicking on 33,>,>> reloads same pg 32

TNet 2.jpg
Bottom of pg.32
Cannot access 33 by any buttons at bottom right
Other threads....no such problem

I can see this....

TH 490.jpg

but clicking on it, only takes me to the last post on pg. 32 (480)

Anyone else having this problem ?

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes wayne only trace gold, later, was for your eyes, no other way to share on here as can not send photos in private without going outside server

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine, means a person who has time could only mine the best and have something to show for the effort. 6,7 and 8
the audit at 4800'#8 is the best as there will be pockets of good stuff

Sailaway, are you sure it's a "Telluride mine"? The reason I ask, I didn't know that and had not heard that before. I thought the term was "electrum", had not heard of any tellurium present?

EDIT: Forgot to add, there are 3 shafts and one tunnel (that connects to the main shaft) at the Silver Chief site.

Last edited:

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM's are not a violation, but I have found that such exchanges are even more time consuming than regular posts most of the time.
I have also found they can also deteriorate quickly unless I happen to agree with everything said to me, unfortunately. So I don't generally do PM's, or keep my answers very brief now days. Most of what I feel safe in sharing, I prefer to share with everyone in these public threads.

That is fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions