CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Anyone know if Weavers Needle is visible from any location North of the Salt River?

And San Juan or the San Juan region... I can’t seem to define/located it.

Thank you!

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
fOR ARGUMENT SAKE LETS SAY YOU ARE CORRECT, HOW EXACTLY IS THAT CLUE STATED (OR WAS IT STATED) IN ITS MOST EXCEPTED VERSION?

*Accepted

I've read many different versions of that clue. 'you have to climb a steep ravine from above the mine to see the needle to the south' 'to the south the tip of a sharp needle can be seen from above the mine' when you get to the highest point you can look North and the four peaks line up to look like one, and to the south is a sharp needle or pointed rock with a hole in it or through it '

There are so many different versions, and possibilities. Was the clue referring to Weavers Needle? Sharp needle with a hole in it, the tip of a needle or just a sharp needle?

Also was he referring to four peaks as the mountain that we know today as four peaks, or some other four peaks?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four Peaks and their little brothers .
Shot from 88, near First Water Road.

Attachments

• four peaks X 2.png
    four peaks X 2.png
    50 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four Peaks and their little brothers .
Shot from 88, near First Water Road.

Maybe he meant 4 peaks was lined up to look as one with another mountain, not the peaks themselves. My Dad is 88 and has slight dementia. Sometimes when he`s trying to explain something he has an odd way of describing it. But it makes sense when you figure it out.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heart on a hill

I found what could be a man made heart shape on GE 1/2018 @ 33 25'16.21"N 111 18'10.16"W . From there you can see the doodle backwards and 4 PEAKS . Maybe something IDK

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
no..we haven't heard anything yet

He was at a restaurant with his wife and friends in Lake Havasu City a couple of days ago, was posted on FB, so must be OK and too busy to get on here. :dontknow: Thanks Dave for trying to contact him, I guess he will get around to checking in when he gets the time.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
He was at a restaurant with his wife and friends in Lake Havasu City a couple of days ago, was posted on FB, so must be OK and too busy to get on here. :dontknow: Thanks Dave for trying to contact him, I guess he will get around to checking in when he gets the time.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:
thanks for the update roy:headbang:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible that something blocked the view of 3 of the peaks, only seeing the end peak . looking like 1 mountain. Maybe that's why you can't line up 4 peaks in that clue.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How many of you have seen the youtube video filmed I believe somewhere in the UK ( I could be wrong) maybe Scotland, where they put the car in neutral and it rolls up hile, it even baffled, experts for a while, it is a natural elusion. Mother nature has her secrets. Watch the Video, the Superstitions have their delusions.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
nobodie

The Waltz map which shows the mine and the caches is very hard to recognize in the fields . Was also hard for me until i have recognized the mine site from other maps and clues . If you know where is the LDM , then I will tell you where is the caches because I like your style .
The cache sites are two and are in these directions from the mine :
The first is 130 yards and 24*SE , and the second is 160 yards and 45*NE .

View attachment 1223325

Markmar,
Whatever became of this? Did you and Nobodie make the trip?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know who nobodie is.

Markmar,
My mistake. Maybe nobodie wasn't able to get back in to check the coordinates you gave derived from the waltz map.
Nice work with tat map. I never gave it much weight in the past, but just recently decided to closely check it against the spot I currently have as the spot. I was blown away. It would be interesting to learn the history of how this particular map surfaced.
Idaho Dutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
There`s a cave with a rock house in Rough Canyon, it`s a rough place, there are cats around there.https://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=1900

There are some caves in Rough canyon, and the ones I poked my head into definitely had the smell of cat. Made me nervous and I shined my flashlight all around to see if I saw any glowing red-eyes . . . I don't think they were home at that time. there had been some earth moving/sliding happen in one that looked like it may have been fairly big, because there was a lot of earth, looking like it was wet when is moved, that had come from somewhere deeper in the cave. Anyway, there were pieces of pottery that looked like came from old clay containers of some sort. I would of had to go in on all fours and backed out instead. Also a large cave near a waterfall coming off of Cimarron Mountain. Lots of Indian artifacts in and near that cave. Enough water to swim in . . at least when I was there. . . . Oh and the name "Rough Canyon" doesn't do it justice.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If you come into Rough Canyon by skirting the bottom of Cimmeron Mountain. . well part way up , because the bottom of the canyon really is to rough. . the rock is extremely loose and very difficult footing, but passable; the point I was going to make is that there is geode type material and not all round either. found some with amethyst crystals inside. Keep on going and maybe 1/2 mile or so, you'll get to the big cave and just past that is a pretty good sized waterfall. Beautiful area.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else here, heard anything about a large cache of gold ore being found recently in the area of the pit mine?
Apparently very close to where Chuck found the cargo panniers last year. All bagged and ready to go.

Regards:SH.
Wish I could see that photo and try to recognize the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread