Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 517
Like Tree650Likes

Thread: CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #466
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
    But it's not like ALL CAPS posts has not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
    Not to mention it's a pointless irritation.
    Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??
    Real of Tayopa likes this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  2. #467
    us
    Dec 2008
    2,372
    5412 times
    Quote Originally Posted by somehiker View Post
    Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
    But it's not like ALL CAPS posts has not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
    Not to mention it's a pointless irritation.
    Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??
    not sure what happened
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

  3. #468

    May 2019
    94
    99 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by somehiker View Post
    Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
    But it's not like ALL CAPS posts have not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
    Not to mention it's a pointless irritation.
    Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??

    Wayne, I did not know that about the caps, my bad, but I am sure it was something else. I really wanted to bounce stuff off you about things that are at our location, but I am glad in a way that went down it was getting too nasty and to many, times I was misquoted by one poster in paticular several times. anyway, can we send private messages? Or is that a violation, if so we will not do that, but I really do not want to interact with the negativity it takes up to much time. If for any reason you feel that that you do not or can not, or should not share info that is fine I understand. thanks Jeff.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

  4. #469
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    561
    754 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana-exploration View Post
    Wayne, I did not know that about the caps, my bad, but I am sure it was something else. I really wanted to bounce stuff off you about things that are at our location, but I am glad in a way that went down it was getting too nasty and to many, times I was misquoted by one poster in paticular several times. anyway, can we send private messages? Or is that a violation, if so we will not do that, but I really do not want to interact with the negativity it takes up to much time. If for any reason you feel that that you do not or can not, or should not share info that is fine I understand. thanks Jeff.
    It is a real shame that you cannot see that most members here on Tnet are posting criticism of your finding because they believe that you are in error or are missing some key info. Do you think treasure hunting is a game? People die hunting treasure, just last year three people from Utah died in those mountains, they were convinced that they knew where the LDM was.
    there is a whole lot of wisdom and experience on this site, I sincerely advise you to heed some of it.
    Hal Croves and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Some books are dangerous, not to be opened with impunity.
    Not everything that can be counted, counts
    Not everything that counts, can be counted

  5. #470
    Windrider

    Mar 2014
    583
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    deducer posted #439
    Considering the proximity of the location of the Pit Mine to claims on file during Waltz's time, isn't it a bit inconceivable that no miners ever came across it?
    How many of you even know that there are two audits to the "pit mine" one over the other?
    USGS Survey
    Name:  USGS survey.PNG
Views: 161
Size:  14.8 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rogers Minerrals USGS.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	1722451
    then somewhere below those two are two more in close proximity to the creek that the USGS could not locate? Therefore no samples were taken from lower area.

    attachment is within the map area above (photo taken from the known trail )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7104 Trail to lost Dutchman .JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	536.5 KB 
ID:	1722452  
    Last edited by sailaway; Jun 13, 2019 at 02:44 AM.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

  6. #471
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
    How many of you even know that there are two audits to the "pit mine" one over the other?
    USGS Survey
    Name:  USGS survey.PNG
Views: 161
Size:  14.8 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rogers Minerrals USGS.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	1722451
    then somewhere below those two are two more in close proximity to the creek that the USGS could not locate? Therefore no samples were taken from lower area.

    attachment is within the map area above (photo taken from the known trail )

    Do you mean numbers 6 and 7 on the map and chart ?
    jeff of pa and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  7. #472
    Windrider

    Mar 2014
    583
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine, means a person who has time could only mine the best and have something to show for the effort. 6,7 and 8
    the audit at 4800'#8 is the best as there will be pockets of good stuff
    Last edited by sailaway; Jun 13, 2019 at 03:33 AM.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

  8. #473
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana-exploration View Post
    Wayne, I did not know that about the caps, my bad, but I am sure it was something else. I really wanted to bounce stuff off you about things that are at our location, but I am glad in a way that went down it was getting too nasty and to many, times I was misquoted by one poster in paticular several times. anyway, can we send private messages? Or is that a violation, if so we will not do that, but I really do not want to interact with the negativity it takes up to much time. If for any reason you feel that that you do not or can not, or should not share info that is fine I understand. thanks Jeff.
    PM's are not a violation, but I have found that such exchanges are even more time consuming than regular posts most of the time.
    I have also found they can also deteriorate quickly unless I happen to agree with everything said to me, unfortunately. So I don't generally do PM's, or keep my answers very brief now days. Most of what I feel safe in sharing, I prefer to share with everyone in these public threads.
    jeff of pa and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  9. #474
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
    Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine
    So 6,7 and 8....three samples in total.
    One from a adit face (6) and (7)(8) from adit dumps.
    The way I read it, (6) no gold....(7)(8) trace gold.
    Am I correct ?
    jeff of pa and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  10. #475
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I don't recognize the place in your photos, so I doubt I have.
    When I was up in that area, many many years ago, I wasn't interested in mines in the area so much as the ruins.
    What does the vein say to you ?
    jeff of pa and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  11. #476
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
    click the photo and look close as going to deleate it after your through
    IMO thats waltz pick marks
    I dunno.....I'd say every hiker and prospector with a rock hammer has probably taken a whack at that while passing by.
    I know that now days I would.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  12. #477
    ca
    May 2007
    3,685
    4831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Outta time. Have to head out to my daily rock pile now.
    Talk later.
    But it doesn't help the flow of the conversation, when you keep deleting your posts and photos, sailaway.
    Nor your credibility.....



    Note to mods: I've just made two posts, wondering why trying to access pg. 33 takes me back to the top of pg.32.
    Neither of those posts show on pg.32 or 33.

    Still not working....can't see your post or any part of pg.33....when I click on 33 or "last" is still reverting to 32.....even with refresh of thread or topic list pages.
    Header shows 8 posts on 33.
    Your likes do show on this post....Jeff of PA

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNet 1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	325.4 KB 
ID:	1722686


    screenshot, top of 32
    clicking on 33,>,>> reloads same pg 32

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNet 2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	1722693
    Bottom of pg.32
    Cannot access 33 by any buttons at bottom right
    Other threads....no such problem

    I can see this....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TH 490.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1722705

    but clicking on it, only takes me to the last post on pg. 32 (480)

    Anyone else having this problem ?
    Last edited by somehiker; Jun 13, 2019 at 08:28 PM.
    jeff of pa and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

  13. #478
    Windrider

    Mar 2014
    583
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    yes wayne only trace gold, later, was for your eyes, no other way to share on here as can not send photos in private without going outside server
    Last edited by sailaway; Jun 13, 2019 at 01:58 PM.
    somehiker and Real of Tayopa like this.

  14. #479
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2017
    508
    1476 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
    Wayne the audits are y shaped, the numbers are where samples were taken and show results on the other page. not that impressive but it is still gold and silver with no other metals. Which means it is a Telluride mine, means a person who has time could only mine the best and have something to show for the effort. 6,7 and 8
    the audit at 4800'#8 is the best as there will be pockets of good stuff
    Sailaway, are you sure it's a "Telluride mine"? The reason I ask, I didn't know that and had not heard that before. I thought the term was "electrum", had not heard of any tellurium present?

    EDIT: Forgot to add, there are 3 shafts and one tunnel (that connects to the main shaft) at the Silver Chief site.
    Last edited by PotBelly Jim; Jun 13, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
    somehiker and Real of Tayopa like this.

  15. #480

    May 2019
    94
    99 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by somehiker View Post
    PM's are not a violation, but I have found that such exchanges are even more time consuming than regular posts most of the time.
    I have also found they can also deteriorate quickly unless I happen to agree with everything said to me, unfortunately. So I don't generally do PM's, or keep my answers very brief now days. Most of what I feel safe in sharing, I prefer to share with everyone in these public threads.
    That is fine.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

 

 
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. John Swift silver Mines.. clues to the mine...(video by James Scott)
    By -Ki- in forum The Lost Silver Mines of Jonathan Swift
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2019, 09:18 AM
  2. The Lost Mines of the Desert - Part VIII: The Lost Gun-Sight Mine
    By Old Bookaroo in forum Treasure Legends
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 08, 2011, 11:38 PM
  3. The Lost Mines of the Desert - Part V: The Lost Dutch-Oven Mine
    By Old Bookaroo in forum Treasure Legends
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2009, 01:06 AM
  4. the lost Dutchman mine and the Tayopa mine have been found !
    By the blindbowman in forum Treasure Legends
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 29, 2006, 12:31 PM

Search tags for this page

clues lost dutchman mine

,
clues to the lost dutchman mine
,
jacob waltz clues
,
jacob waltz riddles
,
lost dutchman clues
,

lost dutchman mine clues

,
lost dutchman mine riddle
,
lost dutchman mine riddles
,
lost dutchman riddle
,
the lost dutchman mine clues
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0